Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow?
RE: How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow?
Feeling much better after skype, CAH and sleep.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. For if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes unto you."
Feeling epicsauce.
Feeling like I just slept for twelve hours which I don't do unless I'm drugged, depressed, or ill.
Long, long week of budgeting the next fiscal year for medical research. It's like herding cats who all happen to have PhD's. This evening, this will be me.
[Image: 2014-03-25-Whiskey.png]
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Feeling a mix of things. Feeling sleepy, headachey, loving, emotional, sad, happy and relieved. But above all: calm and peaceful.
Literally the worst: wife's just gone to the ER, and depending on what happens next it might be the last I see of her for a month or longer. And I can't stop thinking about the surgery she's got scheduled, which always has the possibility of taking her out for good.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Sad That sounds awful..
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. For if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes unto you."
(August 26, 2016 at 2:39 pm)Jello Wrote: Sad That sounds awful..

Rationally I know she's likely to be fine; this is the third surgery of its type she's had, and it's not even the most dangerous. She's not losing organs like in the last one. But every time this happens it's just the most awful helpless feeling, because there's literally nothing I can do: I don't have the medical training and she's in too much of a drug haze for my presence to really help any either. The worst nights of my life were after the last one, sleepless nightmares spent listening to her writhe as nurses refuse to do anything for her because actually reading her chart to take in how high her tolerance for pain medication actually is would be too much work.

One of them actually lied to us about what the doctor ordered because administering the medication hourly like she was supposed to would be too much effort. If I see her again on this, I'll punch her in the throat.

So... yeah. Not in a good place right now, either of us.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Sorry to hear that, Esq.

Hope everything works out.
(August 26, 2016 at 2:50 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(August 26, 2016 at 2:39 pm)Jello Wrote: Sad That sounds awful..

Rationally I know she's likely to be fine; this is the third surgery of its type she's had, and it's not even the most dangerous. She's not losing organs like in the last one. But every time this happens it's just the most awful helpless feeling, because there's literally nothing I can do: I don't have the medical training and she's in too much of a drug haze for my presence to really help any either. The worst nights of my life were after the last one, sleepless nightmares spent listening to her writhe as nurses refuse to do anything for her because actually reading her chart to take in how high her tolerance for pain medication actually is would be too much work.

One of them actually lied to us about what the doctor ordered because administering the medication hourly like she was supposed to would be too much effort. If I see her again on this, I'll punch her in the throat.

So... yeah. Not in a good place right now, either of us.

Jeez... That nurse shouldn't have a job anymore. That shit is unfair and could be dangerous. I hope that the surgery helps her and i hope you feel less worried and stressed too Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling lonely. Jehanne 3 318 April 26, 2022 at 6:32 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Feeling forced Ahriman 12 707 September 15, 2021 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  A feeling of freedom. Frank Apisa 6 657 June 27, 2021 at 7:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Feeling weirdly nostalgic for the early 2010s? TheYoungScientificSkeptic 14 1496 November 15, 2019 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Do you ever get this feeling whilst in bed? Arsoo 18 2345 September 30, 2017 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  What is Everyone's Mood Right Now on a Scale Of 0-10? Edwardo Piet 64 12662 May 19, 2017 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Just wanted to share something I wrote because I'm feeling kind of down WisdomOfTheTrees 1 827 April 23, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Athene
  Overstepping and feeling good. Foxaèr 15 2829 October 19, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Feeling inferior to pretty women (or women I like) Macoleco 68 8548 September 4, 2016 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Not feeling great basically. Edwardo Piet 47 6336 December 20, 2015 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet