Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 3:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow?
RE: How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow?
Feeling pretty much like hot shit.

Neighbor managed to wedge a small tractor amongst some trees after sliding sideways downslope. Looked like a much larger tractor was going to be needed to extract it, and getting one on site was going to take some doing as the clearances between the rest of the trees was very tight.

Went on the 4 wheeler to check out the situation and noted 2 trees large enough and well placed to allow use of the winch on the 4 wheeler to tug on the tractor.

First go round I had chained onto the tractor fairly high up and gave a pull. Tractor slid sideways a bit, but since I was pulling with a significant vector downwards, it was pushing the tires harder into the ground as it slid towards me. Re-rigged the chain and switched the anchor tree, and also realized the w wheeler could be offset a little side to side to improve the pull angle. The weight of the vehicle is high enough to resist even 25% of the pull of the winch (doing the math in my head on the spot, LOL) if applied perpendicularly to the line connecting the anchor tree and the tractor.

So, on the second go round, managed to pull the front end of the tractor back out of the tree clump far enough to allow it to just be driven ahead to escape. Neighbor heard the commotion and showed up about then and was impressed I had the tractor clear. I was surprised the winch had enough oomph to do it, and having a couple trees, and time to think and observe how the pulling was working saved the day.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Also went back to the super steep ATV trail and remembered to turn on the angle meter this time.

Averaging the up and down readings, the angle of the road to the horizon is 30 degrees. Looking at the chart at Wiki indicates 30 degrees is equivalent to a nearly 58% grade. This is definitely the steepest trail I've been on and I'm not going to go on anything steeper. But it's also a data point. As I'm building and clearing new trails, if I stay under a 30 degree climb, I'm good to go. I'm thinking of making a jig out of plastic pipe with a plumb bob or 2 on it, and markings corresponding to 20, 25 and 30 degrees. Then I can evaluate slopes for possible trails and plan accordingly. My preference would be for no trails to exceed a 40% grade (around 22 degrees) but the 8 degree cushion is there if moving dirt to get the angle better becomes onerous. S

And suffice to say, no one will ever take a car up that 30 degree slope, even if the trail was wide enough.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Feeling stronger but not overpowered. Big Grin Tongue Big Grin
Call me a narcissist but I love it when I love myself.
I'm happy and feeling calm today. For me calm correlates with my happiness, I'm on cloud nine.
Same Smile

I'm flexible though I'm like not manic or high but I'm quirky and energetic... but also calm. Just high self esteem really Smile
I went to sleep on the wrong side of the bed and woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
I guess that was the right side to wake up on then... Huh Tongue
Drowsy as all get out.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Feeling liked. I like to be liked it's nice Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling lonely. Jehanne 3 328 April 26, 2022 at 6:32 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Feeling forced Ahriman 12 722 September 15, 2021 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  A feeling of freedom. Frank Apisa 6 669 June 27, 2021 at 7:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Feeling weirdly nostalgic for the early 2010s? TheYoungScientificSkeptic 14 1518 November 15, 2019 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Do you ever get this feeling whilst in bed? Arsoo 18 2361 September 30, 2017 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  What is Everyone's Mood Right Now on a Scale Of 0-10? Edwardo Piet 64 12925 May 19, 2017 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Just wanted to share something I wrote because I'm feeling kind of down WisdomOfTheTrees 1 837 April 23, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Athene
  Overstepping and feeling good. Foxaèr 15 2873 October 19, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Feeling inferior to pretty women (or women I like) Macoleco 68 8598 September 4, 2016 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Not feeling great basically. Edwardo Piet 47 6381 December 20, 2015 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet