Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 2:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow?
RE: How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow?
As for how I'm feeling, pretty good. I took my acoustic apart, cleaned and oiled the fretboard, dressed the frets, and played the hell out of it. Lovely afternoon here, and well-spent. Smile

[Image: 23j1oo8.jpg]

[Image: ivvlnq.jpg]

I'll be starting a "Thump's Porch" thread soon -- we'll sit down, play a little guitar, talk music, and have a good time.

(September 22, 2016 at 6:44 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(September 22, 2016 at 4:16 am)Yeauxleaux Wrote: I find Jack Russells to be one of the worst breeds for having that kind of temperament.

I also prefer big dogs, not those silly little rats. If it does those pathetic yips instead of barking, it's too small.

Pomeranians and Chihuahuas, for me, have this exact effect.

Give me a a good Lab or German Shepherd any day.

My neighbor just got a new dog, a little bitch with some Labrador in her. Sweetest little thing, I love her already. Scooter.

She loves lamb chops, too ... cain't be all that bad.  Smile
I love Labradors. My Nanna used to have one, and she was the most gentle, sweet dog I've ever seen.

On-topic - Confused. So I got a scary pop-up message basically saying my computer had this nasty virus that was stealing all my shit, and to call this number that apparently put me through to Microsoft. Naturally, I called my bank up straight away and had them cut up my debit card, and changed my email and Facebook passwords, but I called the number out of curiosity...

I got put through to this man I could barely understand over the phone, who was talking about "I can fix it, but it'll cost you £200"

Puttanna, per favore. This sounds like a scam.

So anyway I'll call the real Microsoft tomorrow and ask them what the deal is. I turned my laptop off and back on again, seems fine.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

[Image: tumblr_myp540Cox01r8q9x8o1_500.gif]
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
We're a few months off from New Years' Eve, yet
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Sure if you go by those conformist calenders the man pushes on you.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
(September 22, 2016 at 6:59 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote:
(September 22, 2016 at 6:44 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Pomeranians and Chihuahuas, for me, have this exact effect.

Give me a a good Lab or German Shepherd any day.

My neighbor just got a new dog, a little bitch with some Labrador in her. Sweetest little thing, I love her already. Scooter.

She loves lamb chops, too ... cain't be all that bad.  Smile
I love Labradors. My Nanna used to have one, and she was the most gentle, sweet dog I've ever seen.

On-topic - Confused. So I got a scary pop-up message basically saying my computer had this nasty virus that was stealing all my shit, and to call this number that apparently put me through to Microsoft. Naturally, I called my bank up straight away and had them cut up my debit card, and changed my email and Facebook passwords, but I called the number out of curiosity...

I got put through to this man I could barely understand over the phone, who was talking about "I can fix it, but it'll cost you £200"

So anyway I'll call the real Microsoft tomorrow and ask them what the deal is. I turned my laptop off and back on again, seems fine.

It is a scam. First, never click on any popup showing that sort of message. Ctrl-Alt-Del, and kill your browser, right then and there. After that, open your security software and immediately do a complete system scan. It's a good idea to change your passwords, too. I'm not sure what they can cull simply from a popup -- but this has kept me out of most trouble, since I did have malware hijack my email a year ago.

(September 22, 2016 at 7:10 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(September 22, 2016 at 6:59 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote: I love Labradors. My Nanna used to have one, and she was the most gentle, sweet dog I've ever seen.

It is a scam. First, never click on any popup showing that sort of message. CtrlAlyDel, and kill your browser, right then and there. After that, open your security software and immediately do a complete system scan. It's a good idea to change your passwords, too. I'm not sure what they can cull simply from a popup -- but this has kept me out of most trouble, since I did have malware hijack my email a year ago.

Thanks for the advice, running a scan now

I'll still warn my Mom and brother about it tomorrow, since this guy over the phone was warning that this virus could spread across our WiFi network. I don't actually know if that's possible, but I'm shit with technology so it's easy to take advantage of me with bullshit.

- Maryam Namazie

Said farewell to a special someone last night for...months, most likely.
Dour. Dour accurately describes my mood.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Goodbyes happen. Sometimes necessary.

Enjoying a quiet evening at home. Reheating leftovers from last night (you're too late, Thena and Pengy!), listening to John Scofield's Agogo, fingers burning from playing so much guitar today. I'll cap it off with a call to my son in a little bit. Might put on some Miles Davis later, or perhaps some Wes.

Life is pretty damned good. Judging from what I hear, the crickets and katydids agree.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling lonely. Jehanne 3 328 April 26, 2022 at 6:32 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Feeling forced Ahriman 12 722 September 15, 2021 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  A feeling of freedom. Frank Apisa 6 669 June 27, 2021 at 7:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Feeling weirdly nostalgic for the early 2010s? TheYoungScientificSkeptic 14 1518 November 15, 2019 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Do you ever get this feeling whilst in bed? Arsoo 18 2363 September 30, 2017 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  What is Everyone's Mood Right Now on a Scale Of 0-10? Edwardo Piet 64 12925 May 19, 2017 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Just wanted to share something I wrote because I'm feeling kind of down WisdomOfTheTrees 1 837 April 23, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Athene
  Overstepping and feeling good. Foxaèr 15 2873 October 19, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Feeling inferior to pretty women (or women I like) Macoleco 68 8599 September 4, 2016 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Not feeling great basically. Edwardo Piet 47 6396 December 20, 2015 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet