Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 10:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interracial Marriage and the Bible
RE: Interracial Marriage and the Bible
I thought he was a YEC/literalist.

But he talks like there's two versions of reality, the scientific one and the make believe one where the bible makes sense. So the Earth can be 6,000 years old and millions of years old at the same time. He is kind of fascinating. He's a Calvinist fatalist, I'm sure of that bit, in effect if not by name.

Who knows! Talking in this dual sense is not unusual; a way of coping with cognitive dissidence I suppose.

Maybe I just haven't been paying attention properly and he has a totally coherent and consistent model of reality.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Ah yes, I remember now, something about man created in god's image and evolved man inter-breeding after the expulsion from the garden.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Yeah...

Probably time dilation going on, or something, so the evidence makes everything look older than it really is.

Just bend, screw up and cross out bits of reality until it fits into a story tale narrative. Easy.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(February 23, 2016 at 4:29 am)Jenny A Wrote:
(February 23, 2016 at 4:15 am)Nihilist Virus Wrote: Drich believes in evolution?

If you'll pardon the expression, god knows what Dritch believes.  Whatever it is though,  it will be insane and odd even for a Christian.  It's the Dritch way.

He made you say "odd even." Smile

But yeah, I had to manually adjust my eyebrow back into place when he basically took a massive shit all over the King James version. I thought all wackos cling to the KJV with the blind allegiance that is only otherwise seen in the Smithers/Mr. Burns arrangement.
Jesus is like Pinocchio.  He's the bastard son of a carpenter. And a liar. And he wishes he was real.
(February 23, 2016 at 4:15 am)Nihilist Virus Wrote:
(February 23, 2016 at 3:31 am)Jenny A Wrote: How can you have 100,000 years of racial identity if the human race is only 6,000 years old?  

Besides,  no group has a cultural identity stretching back more than a thousand years, probably much less. Cultures change way too much for that.  And white skin may be no older than 50,000 years, and Europeans were probably dark skinned just 8,000 years ago. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...laims.html  Nor is cultural awareness of skin color necessarily all that old a concept. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_people

Drich believes in evolution?

You'd have to ask him to be sure, but I believe so. I'm certain that he's suggested that all of "science" is just God's handiwork and that Jesus' resurrection may have been the result of cloning.  Undecided
I believe the creation account happened Exactly as indicated in Genesis. The only thing that differs between what I believe and a YEC is that I believe the creation account describes what happened in the garden (as per the start of Genesis 2) and I do not put an artificial time line on the events between the 7th day of creation and the fall of man.

That would mean everything that follows in the genesis account happened in the garden till the expulsion from the Garden, and because I do not put a time line between the last day of creation and the fall of man I can safely say that Adam and Eve stayed in the garden apart from the rest of the world anywhere from a day to the 100 bazillion years 'science' says was needed to evolve from slim into monkeys, and from monkeys to man.

This also would account for the 6000 years YEC's put on the age of man. It wasn't 6000 years from creation but 6000 years from the explution from the garden or 6000 years from the fall of man.

This theory also explains the spouses the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve took/Married and the cities described in genesis that cain fled/banished himself to after killing his brother. (monkey man and women built the cities and married the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve.)

In essence God created Man Made in his image (man with a soul) and placed him in the garden, a garden created to reflect the outside world's evolutionary process at the time of the fall, so when they left they could eat the food and their off spring had suitable breeding stock to marry. Outside the garden the world was left to 'evolve' and the sons of monkeys who was not made in the image of God was not blessed with a 'living soul.'

So what do I believe about creation? That God's creation account, envelops anything 'science' wants to bring to the table.
That the creation account and evolution are not two mutually exclusive items one has to pick either or. One can believe in a literal 7 day creation and at the same time believe in what ever 'monkey business' science wants to march out this week.
(February 22, 2016 at 12:49 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Enough Drich! I'm so tired of your "tragic mulatto" bullshit! I am mostly  black girl from a long line of race mixing. Guess what life is hard. There are white people who don't like me because I'm an uppity negro. There blacks who don't like me for the same reason. There are Latino people who say I'm not Latina because I know two words of Spanish. On top of it there people who think I shouldn't exist because of my disability, my sexuality, because I'm fat, because my damned second toe is longer than the first.

There's always going to be some asshole who wants to voice an opinion on what I do with my vagina. They can go to hell. And so can you.

You are Making The EXACT Point I am!

You are not excepted by one race or another because you not black enough or white enough or whatever enough...

These other douche bags (your peers) are saying your situation does not exist! That the world now is completely accepting of all races and mixes. I know this to be true and it is very apparent that you do as well!

However, Your response clearly states that you were not given the tools to deal with and assimilate the situation you are now facing. Because in your own words, in your heart you can not allow a 'purest' to have their say, and at the same time retain your self worth. you've poured out your feelings and want to silence me for bring to the table things you do not want out there.

The conclusion of my point is What if...
Your parents gave you ALL the tools to deal with those who want to maintain their racial purity and seek to preserve their traditions, AND at the same time gave you the ideology that allows to to assimilate into one race or the other or even both??? That way when someone like me challenges your status you can give a true statement reflecting

This my 'mixed up' sister is what I am saying the parents of mixed race children should be made responsible for. Something far too many interracial couples are usually far too selfish to consider. I know this because everyone I speak to who does not look like one race or the other. their are even some people like you who do look like one race or the other still find themselves in limbo, when dealing with members of their various races outside their own family, because of the sharp divide I have been talking about found in the world between races.. well everywhere except the blue states apparently, where the people who are arguing against me seem to live..
(February 22, 2016 at 1:00 pm)Divinity Wrote: It's the THINK OF THE CHILDREN bullshit.  

By that logic, black people shouldn't have had any children, because their children would only face intolerance and hatred in the 1960's.  It's fucking bullshit, and it's fucking stupid.  
This is a weak Strawman argument.

my argument boils down to Selfish people should not have kids. That is a couple who are only concerned with self they make no provision for their kids. More specifically interracial couples who create a child who will be tagged with a social stigma and I have yet to find one person given the tools to over come this issue. (not that most do not develop a way to cope on their own)

Black people have coping mechnisims. Their is a very strong and cultural bond. The race is united in a sense in that color unites all into one big family.

Quote:It's like how people want to stop gays and lesbians from adopting because "Kids will make fun of them!"  GUESS THE FUCK WHAT!  Kids are fucking assholes.  They'll make fun of people for all sorts of reasons.  THAT is the behavior that should be unacceptable.  Not gays and lesbians adopting, and not interracial marriages.  

Stupid racist cunts can shut the fuck up about "THINK OF THE KIDS!"  Because they aren't thinking of the kids one damn bit (unless they're Catholic, in which case they're thinking of how to fuck them)

Gay people should not have kids for a whole different reason than the one listed.

Being gay is between the gay couple. it is their Choice to be a family. In essence they chose a life style that is not consistent with requirements of reproduction. Therefore they should be made to reap what they have sown. For instance if I choose to not practice or train for an event, I should not be rewarded the same as one who has trained and won the said event. I should not get a 'trophy' just because I want one/went through the motions or just showed up.

Secondly
The child is not given the opportunity to make an informed decision. Have you considered not every child would indeed want gay parents?
(February 22, 2016 at 3:14 pm)Thena323 Wrote:
(February 22, 2016 at 10:39 am)Drich Wrote:

ROFLOL 

Haha hahaha....What a twisted, lying, desperate little charlatan you've turned out to be! Does the idea of losing hurt you that badly, hon? For fuck's sake, just look at the shit you're blabbering now: "I didn't mean it, the way I meant it, douchebags. It was only a TEST...Yeah, that's it! A test!" And proceeding with unrelated garbage and presumptive bullshit. 

Christ, what a fuggin' weasel.

Do you know what this all means, Drich? Nothing. 
Absolutely nothing's changed.

Now quit being an infant, and take your medicine like a BIG GUY:

What did I loose exactly?

I am still the product of an interracial marriage, I still have the same problems and advantages I came into this discussion with, and I've shown that your and divinity's world view to be beyond naive.

I maintain that interracial couples tend to be selfish, and if they were and were even 1/2 prepared to undertake what they have put themselves and their children through they would not give two squirts about the title 'selfish.' How do I know this? because again not only was I an interracial child, I am in an interracial relationship..

So again, what did I lose exactly? Oh, you mean I lost you. You do not fully understand what is being discussed here. that you can only view the world as being 100% 'tolerant' in your personal strictest definition of the word or you get to be intolerant and nasty as you want to be, because what i say confuses you, and it is contrary to how you think the world work even though one of your peers confirmed everything I have said here so far drawing from her own life experience.

What my words do here is draw attention to a foundational crack in a sensitive area of society that people like you think it is not right to judge, or talk about, or even discuss in a non favorable way.. and what's worse is your either too stupid or too proud to admit that their is a very real problem that supports the facade you pretend is reality. I have posted example after example of people of mixed races struggling in society, because they do not belong to one race or the other. and you simply hold to your idea of what society should be, and some how you count this as a win???

If burring your head in the sand is a 'win' in your broken world.. then know I will always be happy to be counted as a loser to you and people like you.
Thing is dipshit, people don't get to pick their parents. Not even their adoptive parents. I'm sure you're against single parents too. Well fuck you and fuck your stupid god, and fuck your stupid Jesus too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44777 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Republicans are redefining marriage Foxaèr 5 682 August 26, 2020 at 10:02 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it Rakie 17 4019 August 2, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Pope decries gay marriage and advances Christian persecution complex Aroura 28 3909 February 22, 2016 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Christian marriage in 2015 drfuzzy 14 4409 November 1, 2015 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  The Gaypocalypse[Bringing back Traditional Marriage] Heat 17 5837 October 20, 2015 at 10:38 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Oklahoma Republican wants to make secular marriage impossible. Esquilax 82 22014 February 6, 2015 at 3:42 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Illinois bible colleges: "We shouldn't have to follow state standards because bible!" Esquilax 34 7488 January 23, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Catholic diocese refuses to sell land out of fear of gay marriage, but... Esquilax 14 4789 April 15, 2014 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  UKIP suspends councillor who blamed flooding on gay marriage zebo-the-fat 6 1867 January 19, 2014 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)