Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 18, 2024, 5:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Men are all pigs"
RE: "Men are all pigs"
I would have thought being a feminist is just part of being a humanist/egalitarian. I don't know why anyone would identify as just a feminist; as in they don't care about the rights of men. But being a feminist doesn't exclude being an egalitarian. I don't need to identify "as a feminist" when I can simply say I care about everyone's rights and fairness.

I mean, I don't want little boys to be punched in the face. If there was a word for that, I'd be one of those. But I also don't want little girls punched in the face; I'd be one of those too.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
"Men are all pigs"
(May 15, 2016 at 8:16 am)robvalue Wrote: I would have thought being a feminist is just part of being a humanist/egalitarian. I don't know why anyone would identify as just a feminist; as in they don't care about the rights of men. But being a feminist doesn't exclude being an egalitarian. I don't need to identify "as a feminist" when I can simply say I care about everyone's rights and fairness.

I mean, I don't want little boys to be punched in the face. If there was a word for that, I'd be one of those. But I also don't want little girls punched in the face; I'd be one of those too.

Right, we don't need to self-label for every single individual moral point we can think of.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Yeah I'm with Rob here.

I am a feminist but I don't identify as one.

I'm an atheist but outside of AF I don't really identify as an atheist either, I don't refer to myself as "an atheist" any more than I refer to myself as a "non-astrologer" outside of AF.

Of course I support women's equality and rights. So of course I'm a feminist. But I support everyone's equality and rights so a better word for me would be an egalitarian.
"Men are all pigs"
But...do you identify as bestest turtle?! [emoji12]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

I do I do.

I haz headache Sad
"Men are all pigs"
Aww, I'm sorry. Take some medicine!

(May 15, 2016 at 8:01 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(May 15, 2016 at 7:27 am)pool the great Wrote: LFC,
Could you please answer my questions? (since you self identify as a feminist. If you aren't -feel free to ignore this)

Okay, let's see:

1. I don't think I ever used the phrase "women's rights" here (I don't think?) so I'm not sure what you mean. If you are asking me if I believe that all people deserve equal rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness under the law, then my answer is yes.

2. I never made a positive claim that women are denied any rights. I was merely responding to your post containing a long list of statistics that you seem to think show evidence for some kind of conspiracy of reverse discrimination organized by feminists. I was pointing out that a few of those statistics may have alternative, and more logical explanations than, "the feminists are doing it!" That's all.

If that is what you thought then you have me 100% misunderstood. I don't mean to say that feminists are the reason for the hardships of men at all(men's issues are not given much importance anyway as evident from the link). My point is that feminism is a pointless movement which has only done more harm to men and women, there is a whole list dedicated to prove that point in the link.

Like look at this for example :
Quote:the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

Women's rights? Like wtf? Women are people. People have rights. You want rights specially for women? It blows my mind how people remain completely oblivious to how stupid "Women's rights" is, like a pigeon, that's how oblivious they are. Like Pigeon.
[Image: 13220948_1501325133257183_3228421482808760381_n.jpg]

Furthermore it's unbelievable how people even buy into the bullshit feminism wants us to believe without any evidence. There is a whole section dedicated to debunking the myths feminists introduced in the link I provided too. I guess I don't really "hate" feminism, hate implies me actively spending energy in regards to despising feminism. I'm just dumbfounded that they have these "men are all rapists" "wage gap is real,no evidence needed" "women are raped more than men" "women are sexually harassed more than men" "men practically don't even have any issues" "men are privileged" when it is actually the complete opposite (refer link)and to see that more people were buying into their bullshit made me frustrated and annoyed.
There is a whole list of things feminists have done that has made matters worse, I doubt there is even a list of their accomplishments that had any sort of positive impact on society. Which is probably why recently less and less people identify as feminists in the west(Google it) . Refer the link.
Although some people will never believe me, even if I smacked their face with evidence they will choose to remain those little oblivious pigeons and call me a "total retard" cos they,being the total geniuses that they are, are totally right (facepalm). I just hope some reader takes something from my rant, or atleast be vary of accepting feminism claims blindly without evidence in the future.

Sorry, I got a bit too emotional writing this, don't take offense.(I don't mean to insult any specific person, it's just my general frustration showing)
(May 15, 2016 at 10:35 am)pool the great Wrote:
(May 15, 2016 at 8:01 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: 1. I don't think I ever used the phrase "women's rights" here (I don't think?) so I'm not sure what you mean.  If you are asking me if I believe that all people deserve equal rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness under the law, then my answer is yes.

2. I never made a positive claim that women are denied any rights.  I was merely responding to your post containing a long list of statistics that you seem to think show evidence for some kind of conspiracy of reverse discrimination organized by feminists.  I was pointing out that a few of those statistics may have alternative, and more logical explanations than, "the feminists are doing it!"  That's all.

If that is what you thought then you have me 100% misunderstood. I don't mean to say that feminists are the reason for the hardships of men at all(men's issues are not given much importance anyway as evident from the link). My point is that feminism is a pointless movement which has only done more harm to men and women, there is a whole list dedicated to prove that point in the link.

Like look at this for example :
Quote:the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

Women's rights?  Like wtf?  Women are people. People have rights. You want rights specially for women? It blows my mind how people remain completely oblivious to how stupid "Women's rights" is, like a pigeon, that's how oblivious they are. Like Pigeon.
[Image: 13220948_1501325133257183_3228421482808760381_n.jpg]

Furthermore it's unbelievable how people even buy into the bullshit feminism wants us to believe without any evidence. There is a whole section dedicated to debunking the myths feminists introduced in the link I provided too. I guess I don't really "hate" feminism, hate implies me actively spending energy in regards to despising feminism. I'm just dumbfounded that they have these "men are all rapists"  "wage gap is real,no evidence needed" "women are raped more than men"  "women are sexually harassed more than men"  "men practically don't even have any issues" "men are privileged" when it is actually the complete opposite (refer link)and to see that more people were buying into their bullshit made me frustrated and annoyed.
There is a whole list of things feminists have done that has made matters worse, I doubt there is even a list of their accomplishments that had any sort of positive impact on society. Which is probably why recently less and less people identify as feminists in the west(Google it) . Refer the link.
Although some people will never believe me, even if I smacked their face with evidence they will choose to remain those little oblivious pigeons and call me a "total retard"  cos they,being the total geniuses that they are, are totally right (facepalm). I just hope some reader takes something from my rant, or atleast be vary of accepting feminism claims blindly without evidence in the future.

Sorry, I got a bit too emotional writing this, don't take offense.(I don't mean to insult any specific person, it's just my general frustration showing)
Up until fairly recently in history, women weren't even allowed to VOTE in this country, Pool.  You can't possibly be trying to say that there wasn't work needed doing in order for women to have equal rights; to be viewed not as equal to men but equally as human as men.  Too much work had to go into that fight.  Women should not have to earn their right to live as members of this society, equal under the law, when the same rights they fought so hard for were handed to men on a silver platter.

I'm not trying to pit man against woman here.  I'm just pointing out one example in history where men were afforded a right; a priviledge; because, well, you know...DUH, they are men, of course they will be doing the voting!  But women had to FIGHT for that same priviledge.  Now, I am no historian, especially on the subject of women's suffrage, so feel free to correct me if that was not an accurate portrayal of the facts.  And, I agree with you that there are feminists who take it way too far to the extreme end of the spectrum.  Not that much different than religious zealots in fact.  They try advocate for their gender, but they end up beating down on men to do it.  But, you can't deny the historical inequality.  I wonder why this subject bothers you so much?  Care to open up a bit?  Talk deep feelings?  My apologies for poor grammar...I am zapped today.

(May 14, 2016 at 11:11 pm)pool the great Wrote: If you have any genuine regard for the discussion, you'll look at the link and the sources that are attached to it. I'm not condemning women, I love women, I hate feminism, this is not a link that propagates misogyny, this is a link that is aimed at debunking the countless claims that led to the rise of feminism and the feminism movements we are currently seeing.

From personal observations, it is rare for a misogynist to be explicit about hating women. Most cases, it's subtle. The evidence is shown in other things they say.
(May 15, 2016 at 8:28 pm)Irrational Wrote:
(May 14, 2016 at 11:11 pm)pool the great Wrote: If you have any genuine regard for the discussion, you'll look at the link and the sources that are attached to it. I'm not condemning women, I love women, I hate feminism, this is not a link that propagates misogyny, this is a link that is aimed at debunking the countless claims that led to the rise of feminism and the feminism movements we are currently seeing.

From personal observations, it is rare for a misogynist to be explicit about hating women. Most cases, it's subtle. The evidence is shown in other things they say.

I wholeheartedly agree. Shaming women for being housewives, shaming men for making women happy, these subtle misogynistic people go unnoticed far too often. Dodgy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The prevalence of HIV among gay men darnwelling 30 1939 January 11, 2023 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: darnwelling
  A question for the straight men Catholic_Lady 87 12874 January 11, 2023 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7416 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The army is one of the best examples of gender inequality towards MEN Macoleco 64 5505 February 18, 2021 at 8:04 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Real Men onlinebiker 111 5505 January 28, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Men who don't flush public toilets Alexmahone 32 3203 April 25, 2018 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  men and women with tattoos, hot or not? orthodox-man 110 21414 April 24, 2018 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Question for the heterosexual men of AF Catholic_Lady 242 27109 April 18, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Men: How do You Define Yourself? Rhondazvous 33 2545 April 3, 2018 at 5:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Men's Rights Movement Catholic_Lady 538 68761 January 1, 2018 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet