Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 2:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evidence for atheist claims
RE: Evidence for atheist claims
Alasdair Ham Wrote:
Mister Agenda Wrote:He's already responded to a lot of posts, so I don't think that is a fair inference. He almost certainly has a life.

I do not think it is a fair inference to infer from Losty asking a question that she made an unfair inference. She asked a question. She did not infer.

Since you brought it up, her question was based on the fallacy of excluded alternatives.

Do you plan to visit your usual hooker tonight or a new one?

Since her question wasn't innocent, her inference was obvious.

I hope she appreciates your defense.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Losty Wrote:
Mister Agenda Wrote:He's already responded to a lot of posts, so I don't think that is a fair inference. He almost certainly has a life.

Rolleyes

It wasn't an inference. It was a question.

It was this sort of question: Do you love Trump in general or are you just in favor of his border policy?

When you 'ask a question' but limit the  range of answers; it says a lot about what you actually think the answer is. I didn't expect 'I was just asking questions' from you, Losty.
Alasdair Ham Wrote:
Mister Agenda Wrote:He's replied to some of my posts, and I think I had some valid points in them. Cool

You mean Wryetui the ignorant-fuck-face-shit-for-brains responded to your posts?

I'm so fucking jealous! Angry

Perhaps he has you on ignore for some reason. It must be frustrating, and I wish he would explain himself. At this point it seems trollish to keep ignoring you.
(May 6, 2016 at 10:21 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:
Losty Wrote:Rolleyes

It wasn't an inference. It was a question.

It was this sort of question: Do you love Trump in general or are you just in favor of his border policy?

When you 'ask a question' but limit the  range of answers; it says a lot about what you actually think the answer is. I didn't expect 'I was just asking questions' from you, Losty.

Meh. I literally wanted to know if it was a shit and run thread or if my question had been ignored. One or the other was obviously true but I didn't bother to read through to see what's been going on.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
No worries, his replies are spotty at best and who he replies to doesn't have much of a pattern. I'm for being more patient with him, but that doesn't mean you're wrong.
I seriously didn't read the thread, so I have no idea how he's been. I did find the on post that I thought was crap. I think it's really annoying when people come and they only respond to hostile posts and then complain that no one is willing to have an adult discussion.
He says he doesn't like the responses he's gotten but I posted a response. I didn't think it was hostile or rude. He never responded to it.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I'm thinking due to his age, perhaps he bit off more than he could chew. Maybe he had some misconceptions about atheism before actually coming here, like we're all just lost, and vulnerable souls in need of a proper spokesperson to lead us to The Truth. Maybe he really believed he could inspire us with scripture as his seminary educators likely told him. Or...maybe he is a troll. But, my gut tells me that he just hit a learning curve, and is likely conferring with his professors as we speak; gearing up to regroup and try again. Only time will tell I suppose!
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(May 6, 2016 at 10:57 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: I'm thinking due to his age, perhaps he bit off more than he could chew.  Maybe he had some misconceptions about atheism before actually coming here, like we're all just lost, and vulnerable souls in need of a proper spokesperson to lead us to The Truth.

That's the impression I get from many theists coming here. Some, like that Cherubim character, leave the moment they face some serious opposition or questions. Other keep preaching. It doesn't have to be the gospel or bible passages to be preaching. It's the simple absence of any serious discussion making it obvious.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(May 6, 2016 at 11:03 am)abaris Wrote:
(May 6, 2016 at 10:57 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: I'm thinking due to his age, perhaps he bit off more than he could chew.  Maybe he had some misconceptions about atheism before actually coming here, like we're all just lost, and vulnerable souls in need of a proper spokesperson to lead us to The Truth.

That's the impression I get from many theists coming here. Some, like that Cherubim character, leave the moment they face some serious opposition or questions. Other keep preaching. It doesn't have to be the gospel or bible passages to be preaching. It's the simple absence of any serious discussion making it obvious.

Yeah, it's like they are fishing for atheists with a fixed algorithm of arguments and assertions, and if they haven't caught any of us in their "net" by the time they reach the end, they just quit.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
They all seem surprised that we've heard it all before.

I would love to hear something new, seriously.

I'm leaning towards this guy being for real but woefully unprepared. Unlike many others, he seems to have some sense of when this is the case, even if he didn't outright say so.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ayaan Hirsi Ali now claims to be Christian. Brian37 26 1727 November 17, 2023 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2563 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3424 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1734 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 4918 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 8285 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2934 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why the resurrection accounts are not evidence LinuxGal 5 1063 October 29, 2022 at 2:01 pm
  Scary claims of God's punishments debunk_pls 30 4058 September 24, 2021 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Legal evidence of atheism Interaktive 16 2616 February 9, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball