Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 4:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evidence for atheist claims
[Image: 3146de64f3da365393b5cccdd317b3d9.jpg]

[emoji39]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
RE: Evidence for atheist claims
Trolls are kind of like gods...

Stop giving them attention, and they disappear.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(May 22, 2016 at 10:16 am)Stimbo Wrote:
(May 22, 2016 at 9:35 am)Little Rik Wrote: Whoooooooo, whooooo, whooooo.

So you reckon that i invented that........the consciousness is a product of the brain.........that we are
what we are due to the evolution of the species......that only the physical senses can perceive sound,
colors and all other feelings.......that when we die is all over and so on.
Stimmmmm.  Angel

Yes. And then foisted it onto your opponents and crowed about how they couldn't prove it. Basically you're a disingenuous dickhole.

Jörmungandr just few days ago on page 44 of this thread when I said..................It is a dogma to think that we can not feel and perceive things like vision, sound, smell and all other feelings without a body.......She answered........
..........Sight and sound are physical phenomena.........

Stim this is an unfounded claim.
If I would have the time to go through the hundred of pages of previous threads I could show you
all the rosary of atheistic unfounded claims but what's the point?
You already made up your mind.
Even if I would put the evidence in front your eyes all you would do is to swear to me that that is no
evidence.
You need help Stim.  Indubitably
(May 22, 2016 at 10:46 am)robvalue Wrote: Trolls are kind of like gods...

Stop giving them attention, and they disappear.

This my prediction also. [emoji39]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

@Little Prick:

Bullshit, you unutterable cretin.

It's nobody else's fault than your own that what you offer as evidence is not capable of withstanding examination. It's certainly not on us to swallow your brainjizz uncritically, just because you are incapable of critical thinking. Condemning your interlocutors as closed minded simply for not leaping into bed with you tells us so much about you as a person.

You could indeed give a list of what you deem to be "atheistic unfounded claims", but it's far more revealing that you won't do so.

Oh, and please tell me I need help again, you sanctimonious prick. I enjoyed it so much the first time.

[Image: MjAxMi1mZDk5NmJiMGNjMjBmOTQ0.png]
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Maybe we need to start giving LR a taste of his own medicine so he may better empathize with our frustrations.

(May 20, 2016 at 9:45 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(May 17, 2016 at 4:12 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: The doctors generally don't 'establish' any such thing.  Doctors pronounce someone as having 'died' on the basis of non-brain factors, like heart functioning.  If the brain were truly 100% off, there would be nothing to come back to.  Nearly dead is somewhat alive.  Moreover, there is usually a period between such 'death' and coming back to consciousness when the brain is functional, but not awake.  You have no way of knowing that the NDE did not occur in that window, so your claim that the experience happened when the brain was 100% off is hollow.  According to an IANDS study, a third of NDEs occur outside life threatening situations.  There's no way the brain is "100% off" in those cases.

The heart stop.
The blood and oxygen stop flowing to the brain.
If you only knew the basic ABC about medicine you would know that after a very short time that the
heart stop working the brain is dead but you try to be smart and keep on creating guessing after guessing
just to keep your reputation alive and well.
Sorry yog.
You fail once again.  Banging Head On Desk  

(May 17, 2016 at 5:15 am)Little Rik Wrote: Not only that but as described by most people who had an NDE the consciousness is even more sharp
than when the body was alive.
Easy to imagine that.
When the body is alive the consciousness is stuck inside a body so there exist limitations in what the
consciousness can do but when is free from the body then it can function a lot better.

Quote:You're just making this up out of whole cloth.  You have a theory, what's your support for it?  The experience of an NDE is qualitatively different from that of waking consciousness.  That in no way indicates an 'improvement', if anything, the brain's reduced capacity to distinguish between reality and visions could be seen as a degeneration.

Mine is not a theory yog.
A myriad of people went through these experiences.
You did not.
Yours is all about guessing and nothing else.

(May 17, 2016 at 5:15 am)Little Rik Wrote: It is a dogma to think that we can not feel and perceive things like vision, sound, smell and all other feelings
without a body.

Quote:And yet here you are claiming that an NDEer cannot experience the sights and sounds of hell.  Sight and sound are physical phenomena.  If they can be perceived by a disembodied consciousness, what logical reason is there for supposing that it can't experience the sensation of physical pain?

Whooooo, whoooooo, whooooooo yog.
What a mess in your head yog.  Banghead
You claim that............  Sight and sound are physical phenomena.........
How the hell do you know that they are only a physical phenomena?
But let me explain why ........... an NDEer cannot experience the sights and sounds of hell.
As we understand the hell suppose to be physical according the religions version.

When you die physically you leave the body behind so a possible physical hell that of course
does not exist would not be able to make you suffer.
Your physicality is gone so a possible physical hell could not touch you.

The hell therefore is only mental for those whose karma require it but it is not a permanent hell
because through reincarnation anyone can and will sort out his-her own problems.

(May 17, 2016 at 5:15 am)Little Rik Wrote: The consciousness is much more subtle and powerful than the physical senses.

Quote:What does this even mean?  Consciousness and sensation are different types of phenomena.  To compare the two and say that one is more subtle than the other is just a category error.

Wrong again yog.

When the consciousness is stuck to a physical body she is not fully able to express herself
but when she is free from the constrain of the body like when the body die then she is able to
fully express herself and therefore we can have the full expression.
Physical senses are constrained by the condition of body-mind that is why they can not give
the full expression.
Logic

Tried but failed yet again, little Ricky friend! :: knocks on head::

How not to seem be able to get atheism through thick skull? [emoji848]

You not see why we atheism are certainly right about all of gods be so silly nonsense! [emoji851]

When you try to open mind :: thinks :: to how dumb and gullibility,

You can see [emoji50]

:: light bulb::

How poopy [emoji90] the God idea is! Sorry that you have to feel so much smarter than rest of us. [emoji22]

When thinking body dies [emoji56] that true consciousness leave to fly away to outer space or be monkeys or some shit! [emoji87]

:Indubitably: Some day Ricky when the banging of head on desk [emoji21]can stop, you will realize the TRUTH!

Body worm meat! :: worm :: bye bye forever once died! [emoji214][emoji216][emoji225][emoji887]

It okay Ricky, [emoji8] take your time! [emoji850] We waiting for you to ketchup! [emoji15] [emoji894]

It a slow race who wins it [emoji470][emoji590]

(May 22, 2016 at 7:49 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(May 21, 2016 at 10:15 am)IATIA Wrote: Atheism is simply that we do not accept your claim.  It is not a claim in itself.  The burden of proof always falls to the claimant.

You are an absolute joke IAT.  Wink
I have been asked atheists for solid evidence about all their claims and after 3 years I am still waiting.
How long shell I keep on waiting mate?  Rolleyes

It is quite obvious that your whole problem is that you cannot read or comprehend the english language.

Atheists DO NOT make a claim.  Atheists DO NOT accept your claim.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
YOGA! YOGA!

MAGIC! MAGIC!

NDE! NDE!

CONSCIOUSNESS! CONSCIOUSNESS!

BRAIN! BRAIN!

YOU STUPID! YOU STUPID!

DOGMA! DOGMA!

Jerkoff Jerkoff Jerkoff Jerkoff Jerkoff Jerkoff Jerkoff Jerkoff Jerkoff Jerkoff
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
(May 22, 2016 at 11:28 am)IATIA Wrote:
(May 22, 2016 at 7:49 am)Little Rik Wrote: You are an absolute joke IAT.  Wink
I have been asked atheists for solid evidence about all their claims and after 3 years I am still waiting.
How long shell I keep on waiting mate?  Rolleyes

It is quite obvious that your whole problem is that you cannot read or comprehend the english language.

That is only a tiny little problem IAT not a big one that prevent me from understand what you guys say.  Indubitably

Quote:Atheists DO NOT make a claim.

You are 100% correct Iat.
Atheists do not make a claim.
They make a myriad of claims.  Worship (large)  ROFLOL  Worship (large)

Quote:Atheists DO NOT accept your claim.

Obviously.
To admit that one's life is a total failure is not very nice.  Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ayaan Hirsi Ali now claims to be Christian. Brian37 26 1726 November 17, 2023 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2558 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3413 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1732 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 4910 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 8267 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2930 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why the resurrection accounts are not evidence LinuxGal 5 1063 October 29, 2022 at 2:01 pm
  Scary claims of God's punishments debunk_pls 30 4058 September 24, 2021 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Legal evidence of atheism Interaktive 16 2613 February 9, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball