Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 4:48 am

Poll: How many times does the EARTH rotate in one year?
This poll is closed.
At least once
14.29%
6 14.29%
364 times
0%
0 0%
365 times
9.52%
4 9.52%
366 times
0%
0 0%
367 times, in a leap year
2.38%
1 2.38%
365.242... times
40.48%
17 40.48%
366.242... times
14.29%
6 14.29%
367.242... times, in a leap year
0%
0 0%
It doesn't rotate, it spirals along a cylinder
9.52%
4 9.52%
Answer depends on how you define "year"
9.52%
4 9.52%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear stupid: how many times does the earth rotate in a year?
RE: Dear stupid: how many times does the earth rotate in a year?
(June 22, 2016 at 5:56 am)Alex K Wrote:
(June 22, 2016 at 5:46 am)Sheed1980 Wrote: NASA has recently verified that just as it takes our Earth 365 days to make 1 revolution around the sun, it takes the planet Venus 243 days to do the same.

LOL, has NASA recently confirmed that? In other news, CERNs Large Hadron Collider has recently verified that water is wet, and super computer calculations at JPL have shown conclusively that 1+1=2.

Seriously, put down the Quran and read a real science book, not just the "scientific" bits and pieces your scientifically incompetent religious sources give you. You know so little, it's painful to watch.

Hey partner either u see the truth or u don't
Sheeds, we would respect you as lot more if you didn't make the fatal mistake of trying to validate your book of fiction with reality.
That's how you end up sounding stupid. I'm sure you're not stupid, validating your religion just makes you sound that way... same with all theists.

[Image: 168xy7.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 22, 2016 at 6:12 am)Sheed1980 Wrote:
(June 22, 2016 at 5:56 am)Alex K Wrote: LOL, has NASA recently confirmed that? In other news, CERNs Large Hadron Collider has recently verified that water is wet, and super computer calculations at JPL have shown conclusively that 1+1=2.

Seriously, put down the Quran and read a real science book, not just the "scientific" bits and pieces your scientifically incompetent religious sources give you. You know so little, it's painful to watch.

Hey partner either u see the truth or u don't

Your problem is that you start with what you already think is the truth, and than fit all kinds of more or less true facts around that as "proof". That's not how proof works. You are just fooling yourself if you start with the conclusion, because you will always find some random things which kind of fit. That's not reliable reasoning - you need to learn about this if you want to know the actual truth and not just confirm what you already believe.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(June 22, 2016 at 5:06 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(June 22, 2016 at 4:16 am)Sheed1980 Wrote: BOTTOM LINE MY FRIEND. God Almighty knows the truth and put it in the Qur'an first revealed in the 7th century which is now to this day, over 1400 years later PROVEN AS UNDENIABLE FACT that these numbers and percentages are what exist. Now whether u understand it or accept it or not....that's up to u and doesn't really matter because the proof is in the pudding and the Qur'an with truth with always prevail.

So, what you're saying is, you have to believe in god in order to believe in god.

Simply repeating your assertion without providing direct evidence is really weak. I'd think an all-powerful god could do better than to send such a sorry, mumble-headed messenger. Surely an omnimax god could speak for himself.

If your little Allah is so great, why does he need a mere mortal to expound his truth at all? It should be so evident that there is no gainsaying it.

You're not posting here to spread what you think is the truth. You're posting here to massage your ego, telling yourself what a good Muslim you are. "Islam" means literally submission, yet here you are in your overweening pride trying to stride tall, but bringing nothing outside of empty words and fudged percentages.

Pardon me while I yawn. This is not the first time I've seen a preachy dumbass online.

Allah doesn't need any of us. He is All-Powerful. Submission to and worship of Him alone is not to make Him a more powerful God, or to sustain Him. It's for us. So He gives us chances to believe and accept Him as God and do good amongst each other and in the next life we can have the reward of anything we desire to have. But leave this life disbelieving and rejecting Him and there awaits for mankind a painful, humiliating torment. God Allah is basically saying in a nutshell "What life do u want for all eternity? I'm All-Powerful and I will give it to u".
To answer about man being sent:  Allah says pointing out His Kindness and Mercy towards His servants, that He sends to them Messengers of their own kind so that they will understand what he says and will be able to speak to him directly. If He were to send to humanity a Messenger from among the angels, they would not be able to deal with him face to face and learn from him, as Allah says, 'Indeed, Allah conferred a great favor on the believers when He sent among them a Messenger (Muhammad pbuh) from among themselves.'
(June 22, 2016 at 6:11 am)Sheed1980 Wrote:
(June 22, 2016 at 5:57 am)Alex K Wrote: Jesus Christ on a Cracker! You are talking to us about that famous period in Greek astronomy when the telescopes were invented in Holland? Smile

Well the Ancient Greeks of B.C. times couldn't view the stars and planets the way they can view from those telescopes they have now could they? To their naked eye planets looked like stars except for the fact that they don't twinkle they shine.
But until those telescopes were invented those ancient Greeks couldn't tell Saturn had rings or Uranus was on its side, or Jupiter had a giant red spot on it where consistently it storms. 
They didn't know the details of the surface, but they could distinguish them by their movement against the stars and perform calculations about their future movement - hence the name planites, wanderers.
Quote:And ur slander towards prophet Jesus pbuh I'm sure u meant to be offensive towards my belief. But my friend unlike Christians we as Muslims do not worship Jesus pbuh nor any other being besides God

No, wasn't meant offensive towards your belief. I just needed some expletive and that was the first one that came to mind. I know you don't really worship Jesus, but you guys do recognize him as a prophet, no?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(June 22, 2016 at 6:26 am)Alex K Wrote:
(June 22, 2016 at 6:12 am)Sheed1980 Wrote: Hey partner either u see the truth or u don't

Your problem is that you start with what you already think is the truth, and than fit all kinds of more or less true facts around that as "proof". That's not how proof works. You are just fooling yourself if you start with the conclusion, because you will always find some random things which kind of fit. That's not reliable reasoning - you need to learn about this if you want to know the actual truth and not just confirm what you already believe.

I see what ur saying. And I appreciate this friendly debate or discussion we are having. So because I believe it and u don't we can't go off of that. But because what is listed which is also undeniable fact, in order for u to say its false what u have to do is prove it incorrect. So my point is that, yes I do believe it as true and these undeniable facts increase my faith in it as the truth. Now u have every right to disbelieve. No question about it. But if it is proven as a fact and u can't prove that fact is false, then what is ur reason for not believing it as true?
(June 22, 2016 at 7:12 am)Sheed1980 Wrote:
(June 22, 2016 at 6:26 am)Alex K Wrote: Your problem is that you start with what you already think is the truth, and than fit all kinds of more or less true facts around that as "proof". That's not how proof works. You are just fooling yourself if you start with the conclusion, because you will always find some random things which kind of fit. That's not reliable reasoning - you need to learn about this if you want to know the actual truth and not just confirm what you already believe.

I see what ur saying. And I appreciate this friendly debate or discussion we are having. So because I believe it and u don't we can't go off of that. But because what is listed which is also undeniable fact, in order for u to say its false what u have to do is prove it incorrect. So my point is that, yes I do believe it as true and these undeniable facts increase my faith in it as the truth. Now u have every right to disbelieve. No question about it. But if it is proven as a fact and u can't prove that fact is false, then what is ur reason for not believing it as true?

But - An undeniable fact does not necessarily have to be a proof for anything. It is a matter of statistics that you will most likely find something in a big book that will resemble some modern scientific hypothesis. There are so many possibilities on both sides (remember: you don't fix which scientific hypothesis you want to recover in the quran beforehand, and you don't fix beforehand where or how you expect to find it), and this proliferation of possibilities will ensure that you will find some coincidences that seem to match some scientific fact. That's why in real science such as physics, one needs to specify before the measurement what exactly the question is and what would constitute a "proof" (I am using this word very losely here), and only *then* are you allowed to make the measurement, and are forbidden to change the criteria afterwards.

@Sheed,

Similar things have happened with the so-called "Bible Code" story, where the author claims to have discovered references to recent historical events in the bible by looking at it a certain way. People have then shown that one can recover alleged important historical dates from any old novel (I think they tried Ulysses or Moby Dick) as long as it is long enough, simply because you don't specify what exactly you intend to find, and there are so many places to look that a coincidence with some real world event like 9/11 or World War II will appear by sheer randomness. You are doing the same.

(June 22, 2016 at 7:18 am)Alex K Wrote:
(June 22, 2016 at 7:12 am)Sheed1980 Wrote: I see what ur saying. And I appreciate this friendly debate or discussion we are having. So because I believe it and u don't we can't go off of that. But because what is listed which is also undeniable fact, in order for u to say its false what u have to do is prove it incorrect. So my point is that, yes I do believe it as true and these undeniable facts increase my faith in it as the truth. Now u have every right to disbelieve. No question about it. But if it is proven as a fact and u can't prove that fact is false, then what is ur reason for not believing it as true?

But - An undeniable fact does not necessarily have to be a proof for anything. It is a matter of statistics that you will most likely find something in a big book that will resemble some modern scientific hypothesis. There are so many possibilities on both sides (remember: you don't fix which scientific hypothesis you want to recover in the quran beforehand, and you don't fix beforehand where or how you expect to find it), and this proliferation of possibilities will ensure that you will find some coincidences that seem to match some scientific fact. That's why in real science such as physics, one needs to specify before the measurement what exactly the question is and what would constitute a "proof" (I am using this word very losely here), and only *then* are you allowed to make the measurement, and are forbidden to change the criteria afterwards.

So my question is are these statements that I made from the Qur'an, are they true, factual, statements? If they are not then all I'm saying is prove it to me. Show me why they're incorrect. If u can't then I just say u don't wanna believe which is fine with me. But its the truth and for whatever reason u just don't wanna believe it. It's as simple as me saying the sun is hot. Now it feels way and has been proven as such, but some people for whatever reason might not believe it. But if u can't prove it as untrue then ur only defense in why u don't believe it is because u just don't want to. Which again is totally fine
(June 22, 2016 at 7:03 am)Alex K Wrote:
(June 22, 2016 at 6:11 am)Sheed1980 Wrote: Well the Ancient Greeks of B.C. times couldn't view the stars and planets the way they can view from those telescopes they have now could they? To their naked eye planets looked like stars except for the fact that they don't twinkle they shine.
But until those telescopes were invented those ancient Greeks couldn't tell Saturn had rings or Uranus was on its side, or Jupiter had a giant red spot on it where consistently it storms. 
They didn't know the details of the surface, but they could distinguish them by their movement against the stars and perform calculations about their future movement - hence the name planites, wanderers.
Quote:And ur slander towards prophet Jesus pbuh I'm sure u meant to be offensive towards my belief. But my friend unlike Christians we as Muslims do not worship Jesus pbuh nor any other being besides God

No, wasn't meant offensive towards your belief. I just needed some expletive and that was the first one that came to mind. I know you don't really worship Jesus, but you guys do recognize him as a prophet, no?

Oh yes we hold him as one of if not the most honored prophets of God behind our Prophet Muhammad pbuh. So I apologize I thought it was made in some offensive remark. But no hard feelings Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earth's Gravity Hole Bucky Ball 2 595 July 29, 2023 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The shape of Earth h311inac311 162 25606 December 4, 2022 at 1:06 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Young Earth Creationism LinuxGal 3 815 November 26, 2022 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Earth’s energy budget is out of balance Jehanne 5 593 August 20, 2021 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  NASA: Asteroid Could Still Hit Earth in 2068 WinterHold 52 4456 November 7, 2020 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Irresponsible caretakers of Earth ignoramus 50 7573 April 9, 2018 at 8:12 am
Last Post: JackRussell
  What are the rationalizations of flat earth believers? ErGingerbreadMandude 48 6893 January 20, 2018 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Familiarity with the Earth Sciences TheBeardedDude 4 1080 August 25, 2017 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth Minimalist 364 57346 August 21, 2017 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  How Many Bosons Would it Take to Create a False Vacuum? Rhondazvous 19 6363 June 19, 2017 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous