Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 7:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you cooking/eating right now?
RE: What are you cooking/eating right now?
At parents' house. 
Mom's making turkey burgers and spinach salad.

I approve, so I will partake.
Dog food. Yum, Yum. It's the only time of the day where I'm not seen as the house toy. Which is worse, kitchen wench or toy?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Digging into grilled chicken, and vegetables over rice:

[Image: 10dtge0.jpg]

I have been dreaming about a steaming bowl of pho for hours. I am going to destroy one tomorrow afternoon.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(September 22, 2016 at 2:14 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Digging into grilled chicken, and vegetables over rice:

That looks amazing.   Smile
Come on over, I'll serve you up a plate, Penguin.

Chicken was basted with butter, teriyaki, thyme, paprika, and rosemary. Veggies roasted over the same mesquite-fuelled grill, with butter, salt, and pepper. The tomatoes were kept fresh and cold, both for texture and temperature contrast. Rice boiled on the stove, with some bullion. I have leftovers ... for now.

Making chili in my crockpot, which I haven't done all year. Kind of off this LBJ family recipe but I acidentally bought "elephant garlic". Also, my blender failed, so I had to chop the onion and garlic by hand, which because of my manual dexterity issues, became quite a hack job. Also, I just eyeballed the cumin, oregano and chili powder, using a lot more because I had a helluva lot of meat (turkey). Also garbanzo beans. 

Oops. Completely forgot the tomatoes (chopped instead). I'll go do that. No harm no foul. I do wish I got some oyster crackers, though.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I had prepackaged frozen chicken nuggets. So basically plastic.
And I solved the mystery of why my chili was looking off color. Those missing tomatoes. All's cool in the carpool now.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Leftovers.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cooking vs Restaurants Spongebob 107 6109 September 19, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How are you passing your time now? ignoramus 28 2004 March 24, 2020 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Andrew Zimmern, "What's Eating America".. Brian37 36 3881 February 17, 2020 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Cooking Tips BrianSoddingBoru4 64 3326 November 13, 2019 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What's cooking, good-looking? Mr.Obvious 45 2687 April 3, 2019 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Pranks you have pulled, but would not now. Brian37 19 1159 February 21, 2019 at 9:58 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  What are you drinking right now? account_inactive 653 64631 October 18, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  I have changed my avatar. You can come out now. I_am_not_mafia 9 1278 June 9, 2018 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  You once loved it, but now... c172 38 5369 April 21, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  You once hated it, but now.... Foxaèr 27 3527 April 16, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: emjay