Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You once hated it, but now....
You once hated it, but now....
Now you love it.

For me, it is blue cheese.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: You once hated it, but now....
Mushrooms. I despised those things, when the parents had enough money to splurge on them.
Summer squash. I hated that with a passion, hunger overcame that.

Fast forward many decades...we were interviewing prospective engineers, and we went to Reuben's at the pier (Redondo Beach-no longer there- the ocean washed it away). I was the hardware knowledge guy, my supervisor was the software knowledge guy- electromagnetics and antennas. Supervisor ordered sizzling button mushrooms, and I was looking at them like Death Caps, but then discovered how tasty they could be. Interesting sidebar- the guy we were interviewing that time didn't get hired. When we got to the restaurant parking lot, he was stuck in the car, as the inside door handle didn't work. When I had ridden in that car, and noticed that the inside handle didn't work, I rolled down the window and used the outside handle. My supervisor noted that, and used it as part of the interview process.

Summer squash- once I got married, I discovered that it isn't all that bad, when cooked properly. My mom used to incinerate our food. Sad
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Incinerate. xD
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
People.

Wait.

Nope. I still hate people.
Dying to live, living to die.
Meatloaf.

(April 15, 2018 at 11:02 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: People.

Wait.

Nope.  I still hate people.

QFT.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Cantaloupe.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
My life.
(April 15, 2018 at 11:02 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: People.

Wait.

I'm a person, not a people, so you still like me, right?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(April 16, 2018 at 1:39 am)Joods Wrote:
(April 15, 2018 at 11:02 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: People.

Wait.

I'm a person, not a people, so you still like me, right?

Of course.
Dying to live, living to die.
Whew!

I'm safe!
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's not that I don't like you but........ brewer 13 679 March 12, 2024 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Once, twice, three times a Brian. Brian37 14 944 March 22, 2021 at 7:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ok, so I am a dumbass once again. Brian37 59 3217 June 27, 2020 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  How are you passing your time now? ignoramus 28 1871 March 24, 2020 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Pranks you have pulled, but would not now. Brian37 19 1099 February 21, 2019 at 9:58 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  What are you drinking right now? account_inactive 653 64267 October 18, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  I have changed my avatar. You can come out now. I_am_not_mafia 9 1267 June 9, 2018 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  You once loved it, but now... c172 38 5287 April 21, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How do you imagine the world millions of years from now? Macoleco 34 3554 April 15, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Macoleco
  Once again time for how much time you've spent here Foxaèr 23 2672 April 5, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: robvalue