Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 5, 2024, 12:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
Thanks, Shelly. The thought of it though makes me feel like a failure because I'm not able to do this on my own. But it's good to know you have seen it work. That gives me hope.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Screw the scale. Weight fluctuates, especially if you’ve been doing low carb and then you binge a day or two. It’s just fluid. Go by how your clothes fit. The scale? Once a month at most.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Tbh, the only time I step on the scale is when I'm at the doctor's office. And you can't avoid looking at the scale when you step on it and it's yelling for you to get off.

I'm a failing work in progress and I'm really hating myself right now.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(May 6, 2018 at 9:31 pm)Joods Wrote: Tbh, the only time I step on the scale is when I'm at the doctor's office. And you can't avoid looking at the scale when you step on it and it's yelling for you to get off.

I'm a failing work in progress and I'm really hating myself right now.

When I was on Clozaril, it seemed like I gained or stayed the same no matter what I did. I would walk for over an hour an half and it just seemed to make me hungry.
I actually think the doc said if my blood fats or something got higher I would have to be on meds for that. I was only in my late 20's or early 30's. So I empathize, I really do.
(May 6, 2018 at 8:58 pm)Joods Wrote: Thanks, Shelly. The thought of it though makes me feel like a failure because I'm not able to do this on my own. But it's good to know you have seen it work. That gives me hope.

Is someone else having the surgery for you? No? Then, you're doing it on your own with a bit of help from a surgeon. Big fucking deal. You're making a huge decision for your quality of life. It doesn't matter how you get there.
(May 6, 2018 at 9:30 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Screw the scale.  Weight fluctuates, especially if you’ve been doing low carb and then you binge a day or two.  It’s just fluid.  Go by how your clothes fit.  The scale?  Once a month at most.

I weigh every day. I'm dumb like that.
I'm still in maintenance mode. I now have new insurance that actually covers weight loss. I have an appointment on the 4th where I hope to get a referral to a gastroenterologist in Seattle to get things moving on the gastric bypass.
Well I upped my calories but lost a pound anyway.(from last week) From last month, when I last took measurements, I'm just under 6 lbs lighter but most of my measurements are pretty much the same.

I want my waist/hip ratio to get better but I keep losing more off my hips than my waist. No booty!

My arms finally shrunk a little but I shouldn't complain. Throughout most of the weight loss they didn't get much smaller.

Can't wait to get back to strength training.
With The renovations done, i'm pretty sure i've punctueels The last new hole in my belt.
I'm going to try keep it down with jogging and less alcohol. (The gf doesn't drink so we have none in The house.) though i sprained my ankle thursday.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
Hope your ankle feels better!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Love Your Body Challenge Shell B 39 3287 September 24, 2019 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1051 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-April 1 to May 1 Shell B 232 23833 September 25, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheist Forums' Biggest Loser Shell B 64 5818 March 31, 2017 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Anyone here participate in Sports/Fitness? Lifelongnontheist 24 2655 February 1, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: yasalam
  Bracket Challenge? SteelCurtain 21 3868 April 5, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Sad I got fat Something completely different 27 6718 July 9, 2013 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox