Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 7:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Member Photos
RE: Member Photos
(January 25, 2016 at 11:46 pm)Losty Wrote: [Image: jk7tzOK.jpg]

Man, why can't my surgeon look like you and not a dude from The Netherlands?
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
What's your surgeon's specialty?
Dying to live, living to die.
(January 27, 2016 at 12:28 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: What's your surgeon's specialty?

The one I'm referring to is my urologist who'll be zapping via scope through the penis at least one kidney stone this Thursday (can't do the ultrasonic due to the rods in my back and plates in my hips).

My normal surgeon is a short, bald Jewish guy. Orthopedic surgeon. Brilliant and hilarious. He did the bulk of my soon to be 45 surguries, starting when I was only 4 months old. Most of them were osteotomies, but he also did the rods and plates mentioned above. One of the few people in New England in the early 1980s who knew what Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita was.
I've made the New England Journal of Medicine a few times, was presented to other doctors during orthopedic rounds,etc. Was one of the first kids to have muscle transfers. My biceps are actually my pectoral muscles, and I have the added benefit of a bitchin' railroad track-like set of parallel scars on my chest from it that drive all the girls wild. Tongue
(January 26, 2016 at 5:14 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote:
(January 26, 2016 at 4:30 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: A lover of mine (who worked out the angle of difference in our heights to be 42° because he is a dick)

Wait, what?? The angle of difference in your heights when you're standing (or laying? Cool ) how far apart? How did he derive this number?

: suddenly I have triangles of all different sizes scrolling through my head :

Look, I don't know. The first time we met in person, we were at a tasting pub enjoying NC's craft brew scene (which is so fucking excellent) and a few beers in some dude who was at the event mentioned my boots and I took one off to show how much height they actually gave me. This amused my soon-to-be-lover so much that he math'd it up on a napkin. He's been irritating me with it ever since - any new pair of shoes or me standing at various closenesses will make him say "are you trying to reduce the angle?" He doesn't understand why I hate my freckles or my height, bless him.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(January 26, 2016 at 6:27 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Actually my Dad's a GP.

Smile

That's nice. But it's not exactly heart surgery, is it... Smile
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

My dad used to be a GP too.

It did have some benefits growing up.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
My dad was a GP too! A Greek Prick!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
My dads initials were GP.
Random old picture of me: Lulworth Cove, 2009

[Image: Hnl6wLVl.jpg]
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough. Whateverist 1189 131134 May 3, 2024 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  new member asswriter 8 291 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  New member MistMuse 7 320 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 744 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 902 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 669 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1428 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1218 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2152 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2734 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one