Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 7:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth
RE: Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth
(August 11, 2017 at 9:45 am)rjh4 is back Wrote: As I said above, if somebody actually produced life from non-life in the lab, I would agree that my claim would then be unsupported.

We've been messing around in labs for how long, sixty years? Abiogenesis had a planet sized laboratory and billions of years to produce something workable.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(August 11, 2017 at 6:18 pm)Brian37 Wrote: No and please stop!

You do NOT have to prove your claim.

But if you do not, nobody is obligated to swallow it just because you claim it.

If your claim is the Christian God is the cause of all this, and considering you identify as such, I am reasonable in saying that is what your ultimate goal is. So unless you are lying to us and you are really a Muslim or Jew or Hindu, you DO believe that Jesus and daddy are responsible for how non life went to life.

FINE, get in line, take a number. Jews think Yahweh did it. Muslims think Allah did it. Hindus think Brahma did it. Buddhist even without a god, think it is an infinite cycle through reincarnation. I DONT CARE.

You are simply getting pissed because I am not treating your pet deity as special.

GET IN LINE TAKE A NUMBER.

Thanks, Brian! I really appreciate it!

(August 11, 2017 at 8:28 pm)Succubus Wrote:
(August 11, 2017 at 9:45 am)rjh4 is back Wrote: As I said above, if somebody actually produced life from non-life in the lab, I would agree that my claim would then be unsupported.

We've been messing around in labs for how long, sixty years? Abiogenesis had a planet sized laboratory and billions of years to produce something workable.

True.  But the point still remains that life from non-life using naturalistic mechanisms is still unproven.  And I suspect you get that and it will not change your beliefs (in other words, I am not responding to you to try to mix it up with you). I just keep pointing it out to Brian as he thinks it is easy to get life from non-life using naturalistic mechanisms.
(August 11, 2017 at 8:34 pm)rjh4 is back Wrote: True.  But the point still remains that life from non-life using naturalistic mechanisms is still unproven.  And I suspect you get that and it will not change your beliefs (in other words, I am not responding to you to try to mix it up with you). I just keep pointing it out to Brian as he thinks it is easy to get life from non-life using naturalistic mechanisms.

Where did he say it was easy?
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(August 11, 2017 at 3:41 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote:
(August 11, 2017 at 2:14 pm)Godscreated Wrote:   Yes some are and your one of them, it bothers me in that I have to answer stupid statements like this, but oppressed by not no. I have the ignore tool if I need it.

GC

Just trying to sort it out.

So people are ganging up but they are not persecuting you.

You seem very conflicted and confused. You need FSM in your life.

Have a blessed day.

RAmen

Being oppressed and/or persecuted is far more than could ever come from this site, the rules see to that. I don't see the rules changing so those things could happen, be bad rep for this site and it's atheist. By the way I'm in no way confused either.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(August 11, 2017 at 2:17 pm)rjh4 is back Wrote: I said I was a common descent denier, not a change denier.

This is a perfect example of facts vs. scenario. Sure, I would agree with you that things change and, yes, we create new flu vaccines every year. Sure viruses evolve (change). I think we would agree that these are all facts. But that is quite far from proving common descent.

How do you explain the fact that all living things on this planet share the same DNA?
(August 11, 2017 at 8:48 pm)Succubus Wrote:
(August 11, 2017 at 8:34 pm)rjh4 is back Wrote: True.  But the point still remains that life from non-life using naturalistic mechanisms is still unproven.  And I suspect you get that and it will not change your beliefs (in other words, I am not responding to you to try to mix it up with you). I just keep pointing it out to Brian as he thinks it is easy to get life from non-life using naturalistic mechanisms.

Where did he say it was easy?

A while back he said:

Quote:Close proximity of individual atoms that by themselves are not a living thing, but because they bond like magnets exchanging electrons, that makes it very easy to go from non life to life.
(August 11, 2017 at 8:34 pm)rjh4 is back Wrote:
(August 11, 2017 at 6:18 pm)Brian37 Wrote: No and please stop!

You do NOT have to prove your claim.

But if you do not, nobody is obligated to swallow it just because you claim it.

If your claim is the Christian God is the cause of all this, and considering you identify as such, I am reasonable in saying that is what your ultimate goal is. So unless you are lying to us and you are really a Muslim or Jew or Hindu, you DO believe that Jesus and daddy are responsible for how non life went to life.

FINE, get in line, take a number. Jews think Yahweh did it. Muslims think Allah did it. Hindus think Brahma did it. Buddhist even without a god, think it is an infinite cycle through reincarnation. I DONT CARE.

You are simply getting pissed because I am not treating your pet deity as special.

GET IN LINE TAKE A NUMBER.

Thanks, Brian! I really appreciate it!

(August 11, 2017 at 8:28 pm)Succubus Wrote: We've been messing around in labs for how long, sixty years? Abiogenesis had a planet sized laboratory and billions of years to produce something workable.

True.  But the point still remains that life from non-life using naturalistic mechanisms is still unproven.  And I suspect you get that and it will not change your beliefs (in other words, I am not responding to you to try to mix it up with you). I just keep pointing it out to Brian as he thinks it is easy to get life from non-life using naturalistic mechanisms.

HOLY BAT CAVE BATMAN, you are acting like me when I was in my early 20s throwing myself at women who didn't want any part of me.

We get it, you have a pet you like. I've had pets too. I feel really awesome when they show me affection. But, I have also had stuffed animals, thought they could protect me from the boogiemen in the dark of night. I had imaginary friends too.

WE GET IT, you want your super hero to be real. No different than when I wanted my giant Winnie The Poo to protect me from the dark of night. No different than when I needlessly spent years pining after a cheerleader and thought that if all I could do is show her how much I loved her she would respond.

WE GET IT. You want your super hero to be the cause of all this. Your problem is that nature does NOT need  a fictional cognition to go from non life to life. 

We really are sorry someone sold you the idea that the universe needs a magical safety net. But there isn't any super cognition helping us anymore than my giant Winnie The Poo was saving me from the dark. No more than Ann McCarthy loved me simply because I had raging hormones.

You have passion sure. I can see that just on your persistence here. But if that is all it took Winnie the Poo would be my body guard and Ann McCarthy would be my wife. 

Your argument focused  non life to life could be easily filled with any kind of nonsense, like Winnie The Poo or my hormones wanting Ann McCarthy.
(August 11, 2017 at 8:56 pm)Succubus Wrote:
(August 11, 2017 at 2:17 pm)rjh4 is back Wrote: I said I was a common descent denier, not a change denier.

This is a perfect example of facts vs. scenario. Sure, I would agree with you that things change and, yes, we create new flu vaccines every year. Sure viruses evolve (change). I think we would agree that these are all facts. But that is quite far from proving common descent.

How do you explain the fact that all living things on this planet share the same DNA?

I am a creationist. So as you might expect, I think the God who created used similar building blocks in the various kinds that were created.

And Brian...I was asked...so I answered.

(August 11, 2017 at 9:02 pm)Brian37 Wrote: HOLY BAT CAVE BATMAN, you are acting like me when I was in my early 20s throwing myself at women who didn't want any part of me.

We get it, you have a pet you like. I've had pets too. I feel really awesome when they show me affection. But, I have also had stuffed animals, thought they could protect me from the boogiemen in the dark of night. I had imaginary friends too.

WE GET IT, you want your super hero to be real. No different than when I wanted my giant Winnie The Poo to protect me from the dark of night. No different than when I needlessly spent years pining after a cheerleader and thought that if all I could do is show her how much I loved her she would respond.

WE GET IT. You want your super hero to be the cause of all this. Your problem is that nature does NOT need  a fictional cognition to go from non life to life. 

We really are sorry someone sold you the idea that the universe needs a magical safety net. But there isn't any super cognition helping us anymore than my giant Winnie The Poo was saving me from the dark. No more than Ann McCarthy loved me simply because I had raging hormones.

You have passion sure. I can see that just on your persistence here. But if that is all it took Winnie the Poo would be body Guard and Ann McCarthy would be my wife. 

Your argument focused  non life to life could be easily filled with any kind of nonsense, like Winnie The Poo or my hormones wanting Ann McCarthy.

Ok.
(August 11, 2017 at 9:02 pm)rjh4 is back Wrote:
(August 11, 2017 at 8:48 pm)Succubus Wrote: Where did he say it was easy?

A while back he said:

Quote:Close proximity of individual atoms that by themselves are not a living thing, but because they bond like magnets exchanging electrons, that makes it very easy to go from non life to life.

Well if he said that; he's a very silly boy.
So all this time you lied to us and claimed you were not arguing the Christian God now to suddenly admit you ARE a creationist?

Ok and Winnie The Poo is my body guard and Ann McCarthy is my wife. And the reason non life went to life was invisible pink unicorns.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earth's Gravity Hole Bucky Ball 2 595 July 29, 2023 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The shape of Earth h311inac311 162 25609 December 4, 2022 at 1:06 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Young Earth Creationism LinuxGal 3 815 November 26, 2022 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Earth’s energy budget is out of balance Jehanne 5 593 August 20, 2021 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  NASA: Asteroid Could Still Hit Earth in 2068 WinterHold 52 4456 November 7, 2020 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Possible signs of life found in the atmosphere of Venus zebo-the-fat 11 1522 September 14, 2020 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Einstein Say Light is Massive? Rhondazvous 25 3202 July 8, 2019 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Puzzling thing about Speed of Light/Speed of Causality vulcanlogician 25 2755 August 24, 2018 at 11:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Irresponsible caretakers of Earth ignoramus 50 7573 April 9, 2018 at 8:12 am
Last Post: JackRussell
  How Cn Gravity Affect Light When Light Has No Mass? Rhondazvous 18 1903 March 2, 2018 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: polymath257