Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 2:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 Questions Biblical Literalists Cannot Honestly Answer
RE: 10 Questions Biblical Literalists Cannot Honestly Answer
(June 28, 2017 at 12:13 am)Godscreated Wrote:
(June 27, 2017 at 11:31 pm)Khemikal Wrote: You didn't answer my question.  I thought it was a good one, since it's the only one that matters.  I don't actually care whether or not your god lies to you, or whether you lie to yourself.

I have a problem with all the verses about brutalizing some hobo to keep my debt from getting called in.

I answered the ones you posted earlier. You did not ask me a question you made a statement about another paying for your sins, and ask what I thought about the verses pertaining to Christ's part in the act of mercy. I hate that my sin was responsible for what He went through, I'm glad He did accomplish what he set out to do through His love for mankind, an unconditional love. If He had not my destination would certainly be different than what it is.

Now you going to answer my question or keep playing games?

GC

How 'bout you answer mine, hypocrite? Coward?
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
You've really gotta learn to wriggle the worm a little before you try to set the hook, man, lol.  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 15, 2017 at 9:30 am)Lutrinae Wrote:
Quote:1. Can you make a moral judgment against rape or slavery using only scripture?

2. Would you sacrifice your child if god asked you to?

3. Is it acceptable to cherry pick the bible and only follow the parts you agree with?

4. How did animal X get from point Y to point Z after the great flood?

5. How did carnivorous dinosaurs supposedly eat plants before the biblical fall of man, when their teeth and digestive systems were not equipped to process a vegetarian diet?

6. Can god tell a lie?

7. Is observable physical evidence more important and valid than what the bible claims to be true?

8. Is there any amount of evidence that would change your views?

9. What physical proof is there that your particular god even exists?

10. Do you believe hell is a justifiable punishment for a simple lack of belief?

http://www.atheistrepublic.com/blog/casp...tly-answer

1. You really can't really make a argument against it the bible says rape is cool. I mean hey those people over there kill the men the boys take the women for yourselves. 
And let's not forgot lot he offered up his daughters for one hell of a orgy and they got wrecked literally. 

2. No.. Fuck no... Hell no.. absolutely not

3. That's like eating a moldy piece of  fruit it's still bad eating around the good part's doesn't make it better. 

4. There was no great flood the god damn story is a rip off of another rip off which is yet another rip off of some other religion. noahs ark is bullshit the end 
many other religions has a flood story it doesn't make it true. 

5. Man or humans didn't exist around the same time as dinosaurs also the Flintstones was a great cartoon still it but it doesn't make it historically accurate at all. Though our early ancestors did exist around the time of dinosaurs because hey evolution. Were not special and sure as hell not created in someones image were the product of millions of years of evolutionary change. Also were star stuff if you want to feel special because yeah that's a thing. 

6. god lied to adam and eve. sending out deceiving spirits. 2 Chronicles 18:21-22 Ezekiel 14:9 and people say satan is bad... they need to read the bible god lied a lot in the book. 
at least satan was honest and caring at least. 

7. the bible has no evidence because the bible like most religions is just a mechanism to control people.  look how fucking rich the vatican is they pray upon people in the third world protect child molesters and spread a religion that is not even true and people love them. why else would rich people love religion they don't fucking believe it that is there shield from people who hate them. Like the republicans they claim to be christian and push a christian agenda but why because it keeps people in line while they fuck them over. Because were a "christian" nation when were fucking not. sorry for the rant but Physical evidence destroys religion dead.

8. there better be fucking top quality proof for me or anyone to believe. 

9. there is no proof of any man made gods existing. people only believe a good to exist because  they are  brainwashed into believing one does. once we get over this mentality that a god or god(s) exist we can move forward. otherwise religion and god(s) have done nothing more than to harm us as a species now in the modern age. hopefully in the future we can see that religion no longer in it's current state exists. if we ever advance that far and not be nearly extinct as a species. 

10. hell is not canon to the bible it was added because people seen how bullshit christianity is. it was only added after the fact that people during that time were like... hey you know that hel place you believe in and this guy goes yeah thats were the dead go to move on because paganism. and the early christians were like well..hel...is a place were bad people go. And this is why christianity to this day exists is because of a lie in the bible. 

the christian bible 0 out 10 would never read again.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(June 27, 2017 at 6:08 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Sounds like the kind of God to me that would enjoy hearing the shrieks and gnashing of teeth of the damned, and folks that don't might not find favor in His gaze.

Too bad for your desired view that there's that pesky verse which explicitly says that He doesn't take pleasure in the death of the wicked.
countered by all the ones where he does

Can pointing out more bible contradictions really help your cause ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

LOL!!

Instaflex Advanced advert on TV

Complimentary 2 week sample !!!

Just text [redacted] to them and get your complimentary sample !!!

And then the small print:

the complimentary sample cost $4.99 AND they enroll you in a monthly subscription plan !!!

And your cell provide might blip you for text and data.

Sounds like they learned a thing or two from Pat Robertson !! Praise Jebus !!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(June 28, 2017 at 12:30 pm)vorlon13 Wrote:

Sounds like they learned a thing or two from Pat Robertson !! 

A thing of beauty. 
http://www1.cbn.com/video/pat-robertson-rides-ufano
Atheist Credo: An universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
(June 28, 2017 at 11:30 am)alpha male Wrote:
(June 27, 2017 at 6:08 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Sounds like the kind of God to me that would enjoy hearing the shrieks and gnashing of teeth of the damned, and folks that don't might not find favor in His gaze.

Too bad for your desired view that there's that pesky verse which explicitly says that He doesn't take pleasure in the death of the wicked.

Look, doofus, the goodness of a being should be inversely proportional to the degree of the evil they commit. The creation and implementation of an eternal torture chamber is literally the worst possible thing imaginable. Go ahead, think of something worse. The worse pain, endlessly. Got something to top that? Didn't think so. So, if this being is the perpetrator of this worst-possible-thing-imaginable, there's literally no good they can possibly do that will ever do anything but balance them out to a net 'zero' level of neutrality between good or evil. Unless, of course, they rescinded that evil idea (hard to imagine something as prideful as a god going, "Oops, total bonehead, dick move on my part there, sorry, folks.") But good luck getting a consensus on that. So the fact that he can make someone like you believe that he takes no pleasure in it, matters less than no fucks. The fact that it was conceived of as a 'just' punishment for anything, ANYTHING a lowly, imperfect, ignorant and frightened mortal could possibly do in their limited lifespan, is INCONTROVERTIBLE FUCKING PROOF that this being is a malicious fucking sadist with no sense of mercy or proportion. Let that be a reflection on you, you piece of rotting ass garbage. You want to look better in the eyes of actual decent human beings? Kick that fucker to the curb and take a giant shit on it while you're at it. Otherwise? Go find someone else mentally ill to fall deeper into your madness and leave the rest of us to actually making the world a better place and cleaning up your fucking messes.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
LOL, strongest argument for God not listening to the shrieks of the damned is since he's omniscient, he's already heard everything they can do.

And I'm surprised no one "on the other side" has mentioned my idea for a New and Improved Hell. It's where an omniscient deity already can savvy out the end state of a given damned soul after an infinite duration of infinite suffering, and would have the ability to inflict it instantaneously upon admission to the fiery lake.

No over crowding in a hell run like that, and no fucking screaming either.

So, you're here to be damned?

Yeah . .

OK, here it comes, an endless eternity of infinite pain administered instantaneously.

[florp]

(June 28, 2017 at 8:24 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: LOL, strongest argument for God not listening to the shrieks of the damned is since he's omniscient, he's already heard everything they can do.

And I'm surprised no one "on the other side" has mentioned my idea for a New and Improved Hell.  It's where an omniscient deity already can savvy out the end state of a given damned soul after an infinite duration of infinite suffering, and would have the ability to inflict it instantaneously upon admission to the fiery lake.

No over crowding in a hell run like that, and no fucking screaming either.

So, you're here to be damned?

Yeah . .

OK, here it comes, an endless eternity of infinite pain administered instantaneously.

[florp]

Check out my 'why would this have been so hard' thread in the Xtianity section, the last two paragraphs or so being a proposal for an alternative.

---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolution cannot account for morality chiknsld 341 33627 January 1, 2023 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 33398 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Being cannot come from Non-being Otangelo 147 14299 January 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why Creationists don't realize the biblical Creation is just jewish mythology? android17ak47 65 8616 July 27, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  God is not the answer Foxaèr 47 5246 October 31, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Why religious cannot agree. Mystic 46 8137 July 6, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: warmdecember
  When does biblical history begin ? possibletarian 59 22709 November 24, 2017 at 1:27 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  Why as an Atheist I Cannot Sin Rhondazvous 35 8087 September 17, 2017 at 7:42 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Our theists of all labels please answer.... Brian37 92 12404 April 25, 2017 at 11:33 am
  The Biblical Account of the Creation - A new look RonaldMcRaygun 10 2999 March 31, 2017 at 5:47 pm