Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 7:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
The Official "Damned Trump" Thread
RE: The Official "Damned Trump" Thread
The shitwads sentenced for planning and engaging in rioting in Charlottesville went with a freeze peach defense.

I’m not sure if this fits better in damned trump or damned libs. 50/50 really.

It didn’t fly, this time.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Innit ironic that white supremacists elected a white president who consistently proves himself inferior to a black one?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[Image: 67448010_3266023253427105_42205104516261...e=5DEE60B8]

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 21, 2019 at 5:41 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Innit ironic that white supremacists elected a white president who consistently proves himself inferior to a black one?

Boru

I go to the local senior center for my carving club/class. Some of the older farts (I'm the babe, at 66) watch Faux News, infowars and listen to Rush Limbaugh. They are all about Obama as the antichrist, and his "totalitarian regime", as Rush calls it. I had the cheek to say that the chump knows nothing about politics, is a stumblebum and should never been president. Boy, the looks! Undaunted, I merely explained that everyone has an opinion, and that that one is mine, and never mind that it is the honest truth. I suspect that most of the people got to be this old by not getting in fights. They usually back down when they are confronted.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(July 21, 2019 at 5:41 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Innit ironic that white supremacists elected a white president who consistently proves himself inferior to a black one?

Boru

To be honest if the white maledom in America had actually managed a field a president equal to its first black one during any of their last 4 tries, things wouldn't have come to Trump.

Trump phenomenon is at its heart white America's absurd doubling down on things that didn't work, in the hopes that if one keeps doing things that failed, failure would become less noticeable.
Entirely unsatisfied with scrapping due process and civil liberties within two hours of the border, the trump admin is removing any pretense of legality or humanity by insisting that no brown, anywhere, deserves either.

Boil that frog.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 23, 2019 at 9:35 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: Entirely unsatisfied with scrapping due process and civil liberties within two hours of the border, the trump admin is removing any pretense of legality or humanity by insisting that no brown, anywhere, deserves either.

Boil that frog.

That is exactly what has been going on for years now. Get a population used to scapegoating and vilification, and chip slowly away at concepts of checks on power, normalize that, and before anyone knows it, that free society is gone. 

I am sick of the bullshit argument, "That cant happen here." The only way it doesn't happen is if good people raise their voices.
(July 23, 2019 at 10:03 am)Brian37 Wrote: That is exactly what has been going on for years now. Get a population used to scapegoating and vilification, and chip slowly away at concepts of checks on power, normalize that, and before anyone knows it, that free society is gone. 

I am sick of the bullshit argument, "That cant happen here." The only way it doesn't happen is if good people raise their voices.

But what if I make the argument that it can't happen here exactly because I take into account the overwhelming likelihood of good people raising their voices? The country is polarized, and that shows up as resistance from the electorate, the press, the legal system, and the halls of Congress.
"I have a plan on Afghanistan that if I wanted to win that war, Afghanistan would be wiped off the face of the earth, it would just be gone, it would be over literally in 10 days. I don't want to go that route...I just don't want to kill 10 million people. Does that make sense to you?"
-- Trump
That sounds suspiciously like not having a plan.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official Gosh Darned Biden Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 464 29187 November 15, 2022 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  The Official 'Damned Cruz' Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 103 4882 April 9, 2021 at 4:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1094 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Damned if you do, damned if you don't. onlinebiker 37 2639 August 7, 2019 at 5:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Damned Racists, Vol II Minimalist 323 27839 August 3, 2019 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Damned Republicunts Minimalist 1793 285019 March 27, 2019 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 37005 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Damned Texans Minimalist 201 30572 March 31, 2017 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3190 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  It's official, the election was stolen GUBU 77 9751 December 11, 2016 at 11:30 am
Last Post: vorlon13