Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 2:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mass shooting in Las Vegas. 50+ dead
RE: Mass shooting in Las Vegas. 50+ dead
(October 6, 2017 at 2:21 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(October 6, 2017 at 2:19 pm)pocaracas Wrote: But guns don't kill people!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/man-accide...crying-son

""
Man Accidentally Shoots Self While Calming Crying Son

A Pennsylvania man fatally shot himself by accident Tuesday when he tried to catch a falling gun while calming his crying son in the back seat of a car
""

Good thing he wasn't driving at the time, or we would need to ban cars too.

Did you shoot yourself in your what is left of your brain?

Car achieve vastly more productive ends vastly more often than allowing people to shoot themselves in them.

Private Guns serve what other vastly larger productive ends vastly more often than to allow homocides to be committed with them?
(October 6, 2017 at 11:57 am)A Theist Wrote:
(October 5, 2017 at 5:04 pm)Tiberius Wrote: This is the device he's suspected of using. It allows you to fire just like a fully auto: https://youtu.be/D6oaRAgdslE?t=2m6s

Doesn't look like the shooter was too concerned about accuracy as much as he was about spraying a shit ton of metal into a large and tightly packed crowd. 59 innocent lives snuffed out. It was also theorized by investigators that the gunman was planning on getting away, and with the explosives in his car, use it as a car bomb to kill more people. Guns or no guns, this guy had planned on killing a lot of people.

Yeah, by "just like a fully auto" I really meant the rate of fire. Obviously proper fully automatic weapons have better accuracy than bump stock semi-autos, but as you say, this wasn't about accuracy. You don't need to even be remotely accurate when you have what is essentially one huge target (i.e. a mass of people).
(October 6, 2017 at 2:37 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(October 6, 2017 at 11:57 am)A Theist Wrote: Doesn't look like the shooter was too concerned about accuracy as much as he was about spraying a shit ton of metal into a large and tightly packed crowd. 59 innocent lives snuffed out. It was also theorized by investigators that the gunman was planning on getting away, and with the explosives in his car, use it as a car bomb to kill more people. Guns or no guns, this guy had planned on killing a lot of people.

Yeah, by "just like a fully auto" I really meant the rate of fire. Obviously proper fully automatic weapons have better accuracy than bump stock semi-autos, but as you say, this wasn't about accuracy. You don't need to even be remotely accurate when you have what is essentially one huge target (i.e. a mass of people).

I'm surprised the gun didn't immediately jam. I guess some models are more flexible that way. My dad's unmodified AK47 jammed like every third shot.
(October 6, 2017 at 2:32 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(October 6, 2017 at 2:21 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: Good thing he wasn't driving at the time, or we would need to ban cars too.

Did you shoot yourself in your what is left of your brain?

Car achieve vastly more productive ends vastly more often than allowing people to shoot themselves in them.  

Private Guns serve what other vastly larger productive ends vastly more often than to allow homocides to be committed with them?

No I have never shot myself.... have you shot yourself in what is left of your brain?
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
I think we need to be clear that pretty much all guns are semi-auto unless they are revolvers, bolt, or pump action. There is nothing about a semi-auto gun that makes it particularly more lethal than the other types, except the bolt action guns, because it takes more time between shots. Likewise a so-called "assault rifle" is really just an ordinary rifle with mounts for bayonets or pistol grips, neither of which makes them any more lethal than an ordinary rifle.
(October 6, 2017 at 2:55 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(October 6, 2017 at 2:32 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Did you shoot yourself in your what is left of your brain?

No I have never shot myself.... have you shot yourself in what is left of your brain?

Values a character that seeks constant adulation and loyalty, even calls it'self jealous. 

I really don't think you understand how deeply rooted the mixing of religion and weapons are in our species history.

I find it amazing that you'd rightfully condemn ISIS's love of the Koran and their insistence on using weapons to defend it but fail to look in the mirror.

It isn't about weapons, or I should say it should not be about weapons, but it is about blind loyalty to any topic.

I will laugh in anyone's face if you think the definition of "Militia" is the ability for a disturbed person to make a doomsday bunker out of a hotel room and go on a killing spree.

I also find it absurd when people bitch about the left claiming it is a slur to point out "God guns and bibles" because it really does seem to be the case.

If "Allah/Koran/weapons" upsets you as it should, then maybe the problem is not us, maybe the problem is your own selfishness.
(October 6, 2017 at 2:32 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Private Guns serve what other vastly larger productive ends vastly more often than to allow homocides to be committed with them?

Maybe like making an home intruder turn an run instead of raping your wife or convenience store robber decide it's not worth the risk.
Muslims, "I have the right to murder people with weapons to defend the Koran".

Christian, "That's not the same thing we use firearms to defend the correct God".

Me, "*COUGH*......Muffled sarcasm under my breath, BULLSHIT *COUGH*"

The hypocrisy is if this had been a Muslim, the gun huggers would have cried "SEE IT IS THE TERRORISTS"

Then when the sane say, "Ok, lets do something about it, they shout NO!"

"It's the criminals"

Sane, "Ok lets do something"

Nutters, "NO!"

Nutters, "It's the mentally ill"

Sane, "Ok, lets do something"

Nutters, "NO!"

Nutters, "I'ts the terrorists"

Sane, "Ok lets do something"

Nutters, "NO!"

Nutters, "It's the liberals" I.E. The baseball game.

Sane, "Yea so what, we agree, lets do something."

Nutters, "NO!"

The only solution the right on firearms have is "sell more and do nothing."
(October 6, 2017 at 2:51 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(October 6, 2017 at 2:37 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Yeah, by "just like a fully auto" I really meant the rate of fire. Obviously proper fully automatic weapons have better accuracy than bump stock semi-autos, but as you say, this wasn't about accuracy. You don't need to even be remotely accurate when you have what is essentially one huge target (i.e. a mass of people).

I'm surprised the gun didn't immediately jam. I guess some models are more flexible that way. My dad's unmodified AK47 jammed like every third shot.

It's entirely possible his gun did jam, but he had multiple guns in the hotel room (I've read numbers ranging from 10 - 19) so I'd imagine when it jammed he just switched to another one. The sounds of shots in all the recordings I've seen suggest he did pause at points.
(October 6, 2017 at 3:14 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(October 6, 2017 at 2:32 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Private Guns serve what other vastly larger productive ends vastly more often than to allow homocides to be committed with them?

Maybe like making an home intruder turn an run instead of raping your wife or convenience store robber decide it's not worth the risk.

Go out and search for stats that tell us how often people successfully protect their homes with their guns, VS, how often guns in the hands of civilians end up in a death in the family or friends of the gun-owner.
When you have real data, you can make a claim one way or the other.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade FlatAssembler 764 28843 July 18, 2023 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Alec Baldwin Shooting onlinebiker 252 13290 August 17, 2022 at 9:28 am
  Grand Rapids Mi Shooting onlinebiker 111 6510 May 11, 2022 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Colorado shooting, 5 dead. brewer 0 299 December 28, 2021 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 5977 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
Thumbs Up President Biden orders mass deportation of immigrants onlinebiker 135 6145 September 22, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Official Mass Shooter Thread Brian37 351 16509 June 13, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 2836 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Denver Radio Host wishes for "Nice School Shooting" to interrupt Impeachment Divinity 17 1453 December 20, 2019 at 8:46 am
  New Orleans shooting: Eleven victims near French Quarter zebo-the-fat 40 2485 December 9, 2019 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama