Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 2:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
Rob, they sure go to a lot of extravagant effort to disguise that simple fact don't they... Many even pretend they understand science. What has science proof or lack thereof got to do with proving God?

It's usually the binary thought fallacy which proves the most popular in the end...
Nothing any of us haven't heard a million times ... sigh.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 4, 2018 at 5:38 am)robvalue Wrote: I was just cutting to the chase to see what your actual point was with all of this. It seems that it's ultimately a threat from Yahweh/Jesus, that he/they/it will destroy us if we don't worship them. You're the messenger for that threat.

I find it weird that you're okay with that.

Just trying to discuss the truth.  How can you not see the obvious design in DNA stored genetic information.  It is too obvious.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
Their is no need  to watch your crappy creationist propaganda film .Poc already addressed your point .

Quote:Just trying to discuss the truth.  How can you not see the obvious design in DNA stored genetic information.  It is too obvious.
Because it's anything but obvious
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(May 4, 2018 at 5:46 am)ignoramus Wrote: Rob, they sure go to a lot of extravagant effort to disguise that simple fact don't they... Many even pretend they know science. What has science proof or lack thereof got to do with proving God?

It's usually the binary thought fallacy which proves the most popular in the end...
Nothing any of us haven't heard a million times ... sigh.

Exactly, yeah. We've seen this play too many times. Why bring it up at all? I already know the answer, I just wonder if hearing themselves say it will make them realize what message they are actually delivering here.

We've already covered that "we don't know" does not equal "we do know, and it's God", so there's not much more to say. "That looks designed to me / a scientist" does not equal "is designed", either.

It is more accurate to say it's pseudo-designed, and I can't blame people for being fooled in that regard.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Quote:I don't believe there is evidence for a change of kinds or in macro-evolution.
Their is no such thing as kinds . And there is no distinction of macro or micro that's creationist bunk .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(May 4, 2018 at 5:40 am)Mathilda Wrote:
(May 4, 2018 at 5:34 am)CDF47 Wrote: The snow flake does not contain the specified and complex information systems and information processing systems I was referring to.  Information always comes from a source (a mind or intelligence) that we know of. 

Well considering that you know for sure what does and does not have information and what can and cannot process it, maybe you can enlighten us as to what exactly information is.

The attribute inherent in and communicated by one of two or more alternative sequences or arrangements of something (such as nucleotides in DNA or binary digits in a computer program) that produce specific effects
(May 4, 2018 at 5:48 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 4, 2018 at 5:38 am)robvalue Wrote: I was just cutting to the chase to see what your actual point was with all of this. It seems that it's ultimately a threat from Yahweh/Jesus, that he/they/it will destroy us if we don't worship them. You're the messenger for that threat.

I find it weird that you're okay with that.

Just trying to discuss the truth.  How can you not see the obvious design in DNA stored genetic information.  It is too obvious.

Clearly it's not obvious to me, or anyone else in this thread apart from you. So "it's obvious" isn't going to convince anyone.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I.D.iot!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(May 4, 2018 at 5:43 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 4, 2018 at 5:29 am)pocaracas Wrote: What if I were to tell you that yes it can be explained by natural processes?

How about if, instead of information, I tell you that it's a prototype for a life form?
A prototype that, in the right environment, can lead to that life form.

The actual origin of DNA is, of course, lost in the mists of time, so one can only speculate about it... you included.
Your argument from incredulity (which actually boils down to an argument from ignorance) has no merit whatsoever.
What is known is that DNA is composed of biochemical molecules. It is known that they obey deterministic chemistry, which obeys physics... quantum physics and all that. This deterministic behavior of our world makes it unlikely that any molecule is the product of any design.

I know it's easy to conflate the complexity of a highly evolved mechanism with design of said mechanism, but, if you are really 47 years old (or older, born in 1947?) then you should have enough mental maturity to understand that such conflation is possible and realize that your position is, at least, not certain.... and, at most, false.

You are missing the part about the information and how it operates.  See the videos in my signature.  This is obviously designed.  The ribosome alone acts like a manufacturing plant assembling complex proteins from amino acids based on the information in the DNA.  Just amazing.

Read again what I said. I'm not missing anything. I might be skimming through major details with words like "physics" and "chemistry", but I am most certainly not missing anything.
If scientists speak of "information" in the DNA molecule, they do so in a casual way. Certain DNA sequences are prototypes for certain body parts, while the whole DNA molecule is the prototype for a complete body.
Look at the words you used here:
"acts like" - meaning that it seems to your pattern seeking mind that the pattern of manufacturing plant applies to the ribosome. In a way, yes... materials come in and the prototype is copied and something is built according to that prototype. In another way, no - the process obeys simple biochemistry and physics. No reasoning intent required.

But hey... what do I know? I'm just an internet guy...

Why don't you look at water for design?
What is up with that?? When it turns solid due to lower temperatures, it expands?! None other material does that! water is magical!

(May 4, 2018 at 5:43 am)CDF47 Wrote: I am not 47 or born in 47.

Well then... is this your 47th attempt at a username?
Or maybe you were 47 when you first came up with your username, years ago.... that's usually how it goes.
(May 4, 2018 at 6:08 am)pocaracas Wrote:
(May 4, 2018 at 5:43 am)CDF47 Wrote: You are missing the part about the information and how it operates.  See the videos in my signature.  This is obviously designed.  The ribosome alone acts like a manufacturing plant assembling complex proteins from amino acids based on the information in the DNA.  Just amazing.

Read again what I said. I'm not missing anything. I might be skimming through major details with words like "physics" and "chemistry", but I am most certainly not missing anything.
If scientists speak of "information" in the DNA molecule, they do so in a casual way. Certain DNA sequences are prototypes for certain body parts, while the whole DNA molecule is the prototype for a complete body.
Look at the words you used here:
"acts like" - meaning that it seems to your pattern seeking mind that the pattern of manufacturing plant applies to the ribosome. In a way, yes... materials come in and the prototype is copied and something is built according to that prototype. In another way, no - the process obeys simple biochemistry and physics. No reasoning intent required.

But hey... what do I know? I'm just an internet guy...

Why don't you look at water for design?
What is up with that?? When it turns solid due to lower temperatures, it expands?! None other material does that! water is magical!

(May 4, 2018 at 5:43 am)CDF47 Wrote: I am not 47 or born in 47.

Well then... is this your 47th attempt at a username?
Or maybe you were 47 when you first came up with your username, years ago.... that's usually how it goes.

DNA contains information.  Information based on human observation always comes from a mind or an intelligence.  Therefore, DNA came from a Mind or Intelligence.  This information in DNA by the way, is the most highly complex and specific information in the known universe.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7461 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3885 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5050 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey