Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 9:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(May 4, 2018 at 3:34 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 4, 2018 at 3:06 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Your beliefs are likely in contradiction with biological facts*...but, first, would you like to know why both of the statements  I responded too are as wrong as they could possibly be, or not?

*I'm sure we could arrive at a mutually amenable value for "intelligent" in the context of evolutionary processes by reference to facts rather than the articles of your faith...but this wouldn't describe your god, so I fail to see the point.  Evolution is, for example, intelligent.... when I'm breeding plants.  Is that the sort of relationship you expect your god has with us?  One giant human plantation?

No, I believe in the God of the Bible that wants relationship with us.

Thanks, but you already made that clear and that has nothing to do with anything you quoted, so?  Unless that no is a declarative...as in.."No, I don't want to know more".  Or "No i don;t think that god is engaged in intelligently selecting for/in humans"...

-at which point.......?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 4, 2018 at 3:08 pm)Joods Wrote:
(May 4, 2018 at 3:02 pm)CDF47 Wrote: Based on the creation story versus other religions.  Being the only religion that says we cannot save ourselves, the Son of God had to do it.  Based on the historical and Biblical Jesus.  Based on my faith in the Lord Jesus.  I follow and believe in the Holy Scriptures.

The creation "story" is not provable evidence. 
Saying the "son of god had to do it" is not provable evidence.
Prove there is a historical or a biblical Jesus.
Your faith is not proof of anything other than your opinion and last I checked, opinions are NOT facts. 

Since you follow and believe in the "Holy Scriptures", please answer the following:

Have you ever eaten a cheeseburger? 
If you are married, does your wife currently have short hair? 
How many times have you ever been married or divorced? 
Have you ever worn a bathing suit or a jogging suit?
Are you okay with your god being the first to commit genocide?

We'll start there.

Yes, I eat cheeseburgers.  The old dietary laws no longer apply to Christians.
I am divorced but looking to remarry may same bride.  She has medium length hair.
I was married one time.
Yes, bathing suit.
God's wrath is His will.  As the saying goes, we are sinners in the hands of an angry God.  He is also very merciful or else we would all be destroyed for our sins.
Sounds like a real pleasant character. Why aren;t people falling over themselves to get to a church, I wonder?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 4, 2018 at 3:39 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 4, 2018 at 3:08 pm)Joods Wrote: The creation "story" is not provable evidence. 
Saying the "son of god had to do it" is not provable evidence.
Prove there is a historical or a biblical Jesus.
Your faith is not proof of anything other than your opinion and last I checked, opinions are NOT facts. 

Since you follow and believe in the "Holy Scriptures", please answer the following:

Have you ever eaten a cheeseburger? 
If you are married, does your wife currently have short hair? 
How many times have you ever been married or divorced? 
Have you ever worn a bathing suit or a jogging suit?
Are you okay with your god being the first to commit genocide?

We'll start there.

Yes, I eat cheeseburgers.  The old dietary laws no longer apply to Christians.
I am divorced but looking to remarry may same bride.  She has medium length hair.
I was married one time.
Yes, bathing suit.
God's wrath is His will.  As the saying goes, we are sinners in the hands of an angry God.  He is also very merciful or else we would all be destroyed for our sins.

And this is where we end this conversation because you are what we refer to as a Cherry picking Christian. You pick the parts of the bible you find pleasing to follow and you follow that. 

Jesus said in the bible that he was there to uphold the old laws. If you follow the "Holy Scriptures" as you say you do, then you have to follow ALL of them. Not the ones you agree with. Furthermore, divorce is forbidden in the bible. Eating meat and dairy in the same meal is forbidden. You wear mixed fabrics. That's not allowed either. 

I suppose you're okay with receiving a public stoning as a suitable punishment?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(May 4, 2018 at 3:41 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Sounds like a real pleasant character.  Why aren;t people falling over themselves to get to a church, I wonder?

I believe all this is tied in with the war in heaven where satan and his followers were cast out.  I trust in the Lord's justice.

(May 4, 2018 at 3:43 pm)Joods Wrote:
(May 4, 2018 at 3:39 pm)CDF47 Wrote: Yes, I eat cheeseburgers.  The old dietary laws no longer apply to Christians.
I was married one time.
Yes, bathing suit.

And this is where we end this conversation because you are what we refer to as a Cherry picking Christian. You pick the parts of the bible you find pleasing to follow and you follow that. 

Jesus said in the bible that he was there to uphold the old laws. If you follow the "Holy Scriptures" as you say you do, then you have to follow ALL of them. Not the ones you agree with. Furthermore, divorce is forbidden in the bible. Eating meat and dairy in the same meal is forbidden. You wear mixed fabrics. That's not allowed either. 

Read the New Testament.  Man failed under those OT laws.  The NT is about salvation through grace by faith in Jesus.  This is not cherry picked.  This is the NT message.  Yes, divorce is still forbidden, except for adultery, which is one main reason why I am trying to get back with my ex-wife.
CDF47 Wrote:
Mister Agenda Wrote:Sigh. You're assuming creation (which is what you, presumably, want to prove). The apparent fine-tuning of the universe hasn't been established to be actual fine tuning, it presumes the cosmological constants could have varied in ways that we haven't established and that there is only one cosmos, which we also can't know at this time. The 'information' in DNA being the product of a mind is what you ought to be trying to establish, instead of just repeating it over and over as if you already have.

How did you establish that there ever was nothing?

Who are you to demand that I act as your research monkey?

Atheist claim there was nothing which created everything.  It's all random or it's designed.  Simple as that.

DNA contains 4 digit digital code.  Digital code is not always binary 0s and 1s.  I would post a link but I was told not to post too many links for first 30 days.

Le sigh. So much wrong.

The only 'atheist claim' all atheists can make is 'I don't believe any supernatural deities are actually real (or some paraphrasing thereof)', because that's all atheism is. Not only is 'everything came from nothing' not an atheist claim, the atheists here who have had anything to say about it have told you that's not what they think happened. For you to then go and assert that we claimed the opposite of what we actually said says a lot about you.

The four base chemicals of DNA (A, C, T, and G) are discrete and superficially seem to be digital. However, DNA has features that can modulate its expression. amplifying, minimizing, or silencing it. This allows for complex gradients of expression. One sequence can be affected by the proximity of a another, and how close they are is affected by how the DNA is folded. Considered as a code, it combines digital and analog features. Of course, it's not actually a code, referring to it as such is an analogy. An analogy is never exactly the thing it is analogized with. DNA is a complex long chain molecule that is a template that forms protein molecules. Codes are composed of symbols, and symbols gain their meaning from convention; you can change a symbol to mean something different, or substitute a different symbol to mean the same thing. DNA is made of chemicals, not symbols, and you can't change the 'meaning' of chemicals, only their context.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(May 4, 2018 at 3:44 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 4, 2018 at 3:41 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Sounds like a real pleasant character.  Why aren;t people falling over themselves to get to a church, I wonder?

I believe all this is tied in with the war in heaven where satan and his followers were cast out.  I trust in the Lord's justice.

The pitch just keepers more and more grim, doesn;t it? Now you;re recruiting mujahideen for holy war?

Pass.
(May 4, 2018 at 3:44 pm)CDF47 Wrote:

(May 4, 2018 at 3:43 pm)Joods Wrote: And this is where we end this conversation because you are what we refer to as a Cherry picking Christian. You pick the parts of the bible you find pleasing to follow and you follow that. 

Read the New Testament.  Man failed under those OT laws.  The NT is about salvation through grace by faith in Jesus.  This is not cherry picked.  This is the NT message.  Yes, divorce is still forbidden, except for adultery, which is one main reason why I am trying to get back with my ex-wife.

I don't need to read a book about fantasy. Faith is subjective. And again - show me concrete, verifiable proof that you picked the right God, out of the thousands that are already in existence. 

List of deities
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(May 4, 2018 at 3:59 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote:
CDF47 Wrote:Atheist claim there was nothing which created everything.  It's all random or it's designed.  Simple as that.

DNA contains 4 digit digital code.  Digital code is not always binary 0s and 1s.  I would post a link but I was told not to post too many links for first 30 days.

Le sigh. So much wrong.

The only 'atheist claim' all atheists can make is 'I don't believe any supernatural deities are actually real (or some paraphrasing thereof)', because that's all atheism is.  Not only is 'everything came from nothing' not an atheist claim, the atheists here who have had anything to say about it have told you that's not what they think happened. For you to then go and assert that we claimed the opposite of what we actually said says a lot about you.

The four base chemicals of DNA (A, C, T, and G) are discrete and superficially seem to be digital. However, DNA has features that can modulate its expression. amplifying, minimizing, or silencing it. This allows for complex gradients of expression. One sequence can be affected by the proximity of a another, and how close they are is affected by how the DNA is folded. Considered as a code, it combines digital and analog features. Of course, it's not actually a code, referring to it as such is an analogy. An analogy is never exactly the thing it is analogized with. DNA is a complex long chain molecule that is a template that forms protein molecules. Codes are composed of symbols, and symbols gain their meaning from convention; you can change a symbol to mean something different, or substitute a different symbol to mean the same thing. DNA is made of chemicals, not symbols, and you can't change the 'meaning' of chemicals, only their context.

It is either random or designed is my point.

It is not their material makeup that establish how the chemicals function, it is their sequential ordering.  It is information and information processing.
-and on that point, you are simply wrong.

Organic chemistry is thoroughly constrained. It makes little sense to describe it's behavior as random in any sense, though nothing about it requires or suggests that it was designed to be as it is.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7460 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3884 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5049 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey