Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 10:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(May 5, 2018 at 11:56 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(May 5, 2018 at 11:50 pm)Quick Wrote: The divinity "felt" by one such as a human doesn't need to be supernatural..

When we are addressing the issue of how we "know" whether we are not the only "thing" all we need to do is consider the question of whether there even is another. The moment this question arises in our unconscious is the moment we make that a reality since IF we have the power to consider whether another exists, then IF we are the only thing that exists and we are operating in a vacuum, this would give US the power to create, even if it is just in our imagination. Since consciousness as well as the unconscious is subjective, we must rationally presume that we are not the only sentience that exists if even for our imagination of representation of such sentience. Since sentience is reliable according to us (this should be self evident), and since basically everything that is sentient follows a hierarchy, it should not be much of an assumption to think we are not the greatest common factor of sentience. As we follow a hierarchy within our own kin (and within our own minds i.e. consciousness and unconsciousness) it seems likely there is some other greater sentience that we are merely a part of.

That's a lot to unpack..but..what makes that very last sentence follow from anything that preceded it, or even the last half of the sentence follow from the first?

Is there anything more than your floating likelihood behind this belief, an indication of some greater sentience of which we are a component part?

The last sentence is a progression of thought from when I said as sentient beings we follow a hierarchy that is both self contained and interacting with an other. The last sentence is an example of our divinity and purpose, naturally, that we fit into a larger whole.
(May 5, 2018 at 11:56 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 5, 2018 at 11:08 pm)Khemikal Wrote: So what?  You think shannon info requires a god too. Something being complex -or- simple isn't a difference, to you...and because of this, one thing being simple and one thing being complex is no particular indication of anything. 

You butchered that one.

DNA contains an extremely sophisticated code! 
So?

Quote: Hence, it is designed. 
You think simple information requires a god too.  Something being complex doesn;t demonstrate that it;s designed by god any more than the simple designed by god shit would.  

Quote:Debate over, living systems have a Designer.
You told me this wasn;t important to you..but it;s starting to look very important to you.  Level with me bud...is ID really tied up into your beliefs to the point that it couldn;t be extricated without damage?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 6, 2018 at 12:03 am)Khemikal Wrote:
(May 5, 2018 at 11:56 pm)CDF47 Wrote: DNA contains an extremely sophisticated code! 
So?

Quote: Hence, it is designed. 
You think simple information requires a god too.  Something being complex doesn;t demonstrate that it;s designed by god any more than the simple designed by god shit would.  

You told me this wasn;t important to you..but it;s starting to look very important to you.  Level with me bud...is ID really tied up into your beliefs to the point that it couldn;t be extricated without damage?

You missed the point that it is both extremely complex and unimaginably specific, thus designed.
(May 6, 2018 at 12:00 am)Quick Wrote:
(May 5, 2018 at 11:56 pm)Khemikal Wrote: That's a lot to unpack..but..what makes that very last sentence follow from anything that preceded it, or even the last half of the sentence follow from the first?

Is there anything more than your floating likelihood behind this belief, an indication of some greater sentience of which we are a component part?

The last sentence is a progression of thought from when I said as sentient beings we follow a hierarchy that is both self contained and interacting with an other. The last sentence is an example of our divinity and purpose, naturally, that we fit into a larger whole.

What, specifically, os an example of our divinity or purpose?  Describe the larger whole, point to some indication of it;s existence?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 6, 2018 at 12:07 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 6, 2018 at 12:03 am)Khemikal Wrote: So?

You missed the point that it is both extremely complex and unimaginably specific, thus designed.

What do you think of something like enriched uranium that has unimaginable potential but is ultimately man made? Because I think that enriched uranium fits your criteria for extremely complex and unimaginably specific, yet there really is no indication that such a thing should even exist.
(May 6, 2018 at 12:07 am)CDF47 Wrote: You missed the point that it is both extremely complex and unimaginably specific, thus designed.

If it were simple and random you;d tell me it was designed as well.  You did..in fact.  Goddidit all......remember? Complexity and specificity are not differences, to you, between things god did and things god didn;t. They don;t indicate anything in particular.
(May 6, 2018 at 12:07 am)Khemikal Wrote:
(May 6, 2018 at 12:00 am)Quick Wrote: The last sentence is a progression of thought from when I said as sentient beings we follow a hierarchy that is both self contained and interacting with an other. The last sentence is an example of our divinity and purpose, naturally, that we fit into a larger whole.

What, specifically, os an example of our divinity or purpose?  Describe the larger whole, point to some indication of it;s existence?

Example of our divinity? Humans can interact with each other without killing each other and everything else alive on earth. I can't point to some indication of its existence because like I said, we can't prove something like this. It's simply what I believe. I can only say that we are merely a single plankton in a gigantic ocean. Whether one believes this is evidence of a larger whole is up to the individual to decide.
(May 6, 2018 at 12:16 am)Quick Wrote: Example of our divinity? humans can interact with each other without killing each other and everything else alive on earth.
That;s called civility...and don;t count your chickens.  Wink

Quote:I can't point to some indication of its existence because like I said, we can't prove something like this. It's simply what I believe. I can only say that we are merely a single plankton in a gigantic ocean. Whether one believes this is evidence of a larger whole is up to the individual to decide.

I find it difficult to believe in things for which the faithful can give no reason, no explanation, and no example.
Quote:DNA contains an extremely sophisticated code! 
So you keep repeating while spewing empty oft refuted ID talking points. Fallacies all the way down .

Quote: Hence, it is designed. 
Unproven claim 

Nope it clearly isn't over and no you have not demonstrated life is designed

Quote:You missed the point that it is both extremely complex and unimaginably specific, thus designed. 
Conclusion yest proven . It doesn't how many times you throw ID buzzwords out . It doesn't make them so.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(May 6, 2018 at 12:18 am)Khemikal Wrote:
(May 6, 2018 at 12:16 am)Quick Wrote: Example of our divinity? humans can interact with each other without killing each other and everything else alive on earth.
That;s called civility...and don;t count your chickens.  Wink

Why is civility different than divinity?

(May 6, 2018 at 12:18 am)Khemikal Wrote:
(May 6, 2018 at 12:16 am)Quick Wrote: I can't point to some indication of its existence because like I said, we can't prove something like this. It's simply what I believe. I can only say that we are merely a single plankton in a gigantic ocean. Whether one believes this is evidence of a larger whole is up to the individual to decide.

I find it difficult to believe in things for which the faithful can give no reason, no explanation, and no example.

No, you don't. The mere fact that you operate in an existence where you only have the tiniest clue of what is going on yet you are still able to do behaviors with predictable outcomes is evidence that you DO in fact take certain knowledges for granted.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7461 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3885 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5050 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey