Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 10:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(May 6, 2018 at 11:33 am)Tizheruk Wrote:
Quote:No, there will never be a natural answer to those 4 questions because the answer is already found and it is designed.
lol wrong 

And again argument from ignorance and credulity .

One trick pony indeed .

(May 6, 2018 at 11:32 am)Khemikal Wrote: Are you under the impression that theres no such thing as a natural design?  Wouldn;t that undermine the credibility of your belief in ID even further?  Not only is nothing specifically indicative of design.....the natural mechanism in order to accomplish some hypothetical design deosn;t even exist.
And Carrier has already undermined the central ideal of supernatural design.

No, he hasn't.  That's impossible.  DNA and the universe are designed.

(May 6, 2018 at 11:35 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(May 6, 2018 at 11:27 am)CDF47 Wrote: No, there will never be a natural answer to those 4 questions because the answer is already found and it is designed.

Then what is your purpose for being here and making the argument? If nothing will change your mind (like so many christians of the past/present when faced with new information that does not fit with the god story) it seems pointless and a waste of time. It does not matter what pro/con arguments are put forward, for you there will always be god, for me there will never be. 

But if you want to continue to beat a dead horse be my guest. There is still golden ticket at the end. That is fantasy delusion.

Because the truth is right in front of your face and it is in science which atheist seem to cling to.  It is found in DNA and the fine-tuned universe.
Quote:No, he hasn't
Yes he has .And you have failed to support it 

Quote:That's impossible. 

far from it 

Quote:DNA and the universe are designed.

Assertion and oneb who's central thesis has been undermined .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(May 6, 2018 at 11:35 am)CDF47 Wrote: No, he hasn't.  That's impossible.  DNA and the universe are designed.
It doesn;t matter if they are, that;s why it;s pointless to argue in this direction.  I can accept that in some sense dna has a design or is a design - position is entirely open to an atheist.  This could only lead to a natural teleology, not a supernatural open. DNA is operated on by known mechanisms. If we're conceptualizing it or it;s product as a design, then the environment is designing organisms...and this leads us right to:

Quote:Because the truth is right in front of your face and it is in science which atheist seem to cling to.  It is found in DNA and the fine-tuned universe.
Perhaps it;s not the universe that;s fine tuned...but you?

Would you like to know more?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:Because the truth is right in front of your face 

Yup the truth that ID is bunkum and that it's central theme has been undermined . And it's case has failed as anything more the fallacy .

Quote:and it is in science which atheist seem to cling to.

It's not in the science . It's proclaimed by you who clings to pseudoscience like most believers 

Quote: It is found in DNA and the fine-tuned universe.
It is in neither . Only in the propaganda and fallacies of ID proponents and the ignorant rubes they dupe into it .

(May 6, 2018 at 11:41 am)Khemikal Wrote:
(May 6, 2018 at 11:35 am)CDF47 Wrote: No, he hasn't.  That's impossible.  DNA and the universe are designed.
It doesn;t matter if they are, that;s why it;s pointless to argue in this direction.  I can accept that in some sense dna has a design or is a design - position is entirely open to an atheist.  This could only lead to a natural teleology, not a supernatural open.  DNA is oiperated on by known mechanisms.  If we're conceptualizing it or it;s product as a design, then the environment is designing organisms...and this leads us right to:

Quote:Because the truth is right in front of your face and it is in science which atheist seem to cling to.  It is found in DNA and the fine-tuned universe.
Perhaps it;s not the universe that;s fine tuned...but you?
Or he's untuned
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Out of tune, maybe, but it;s probably not his fault. Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 6, 2018 at 11:35 am)CDF47 Wrote: Because the truth is right in front of your face and it is in science which atheist seem to cling to.  It is found in DNA and the fine-tuned universe.

I reject your hypothesis and nothing you say will change my mind. Why do you persist in the folly? Are you that ignorant and deluded?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 6, 2018 at 11:44 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(May 6, 2018 at 11:35 am)CDF47 Wrote: Because the truth is right in front of your face and it is in science which atheist seem to cling to.  It is found in DNA and the fine-tuned universe.

I reject your hypothesis and nothing you say will change my mind. Why do you persist in the folly? Are you that ignorant and deluded?

Just responding to as many posts as I can.
Quote:Just ranting at  as many posts as I can.
Fixed

Inuit Proverb

(May 6, 2018 at 11:49 am)Tizheruk Wrote:
Quote:Just ranting at  as many posts as I can.
Fixed

LOL

I got more information for you all.
(May 6, 2018 at 11:23 am)robvalue Wrote: Scientific method:

[Image: XzkufTA.png]

ID method: It looks designed / I can't believe this could happen without being designed, therefor it's designed.

It tells us nothing, explains nothing, has no practical applications, includes no testable hypotheses, makes no predictions and so isn't science. It's an abandonment of science for the argument from ignorance.

Jung has some interesting thoughts on this, but I honestly don't think you want to hear them.
But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change, 
and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence. 
~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1352 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7505 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7462 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3887 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2201 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1472 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5054 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey