Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 9:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(May 13, 2018 at 1:44 pm)Mathilda Wrote:
(May 13, 2018 at 1:00 pm)CDF47 Wrote: I have not used a straw man argument once. 

Unbelievable. You actually said this with the strawman you made quoted in the very post. I shall repeat it for you.

(May 13, 2018 at 12:03 am)CDF47 Wrote: It is the atheist that believe in magical blind undirect processes created everything.

Everyone has said to you that they do not believe this yet you persist in telling them that they do. How is this is not a strawman argument from you?

(May 13, 2018 at 1:12 pm)CDF47 Wrote: Everything in the universe is designed by the Creator because the Big Bang and the fine-tuning of the universe shows us the entire universe is designed. 

So you believe that your god is actively designing each individual snowflake as it forms over time? That includes snowflakes that are created by a snow-machine? How does your god decide what shape each snowflake should be?

Now, it's quite true. He hasn't used one single straw man. It's more like...
[Image: bdf599696b41b2976fe509c95e25e6cf--straws-army.jpg]
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(May 13, 2018 at 1:52 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote:
(May 13, 2018 at 1:44 pm)Mathilda Wrote: Unbelievable. You actually said this with the strawman you made quoted in the very post. I shall repeat it for you.

Everyone has said to you that they do not believe this yet you persist in telling them that they do. How is this is not a strawman argument from you?

So you believe that your god is actively designing each individual snowflake as it forms over time? That includes snowflakes that are created by a snow-machine? How does your god decide what shape each snowflake should be?

Now, it's quite true. He hasn't used one single straw man. It's more like...
[Image: bdf599696b41b2976fe509c95e25e6cf--straws-army.jpg]

Picture looks like the army of atheists I've been debating in this thread. I am going to save this one for future reference.
(May 13, 2018 at 1:51 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 13, 2018 at 1:44 pm)Mathilda Wrote: So you believe that your god is actively designing each individual snowflake as it forms over time? That includes snowflakes that are created by a snow-machine? How does your god decide what shape each snowflake should be?

The God of the Bible I believe in is all powerful.  I believe He built the universe and uses the laws of the universe to control it.  I believe He has providence over the design though and can control it at His will.  

So you really do believe that your god is designing each individual snowflake.

Why is he doing this and not making each snowflake the same?
(May 13, 2018 at 1:07 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 13, 2018 at 10:01 am)possibletarian Wrote: Most scientists at one time were christians (at least nominally), they lived in a world dominated by christianity, they had to be to get an education.

However I find your ability to selectively miss use information staggering, why would belief in a higher power mean that people support I.D. nonsense, they simply don't, the scientific community you mention above simply does not support your faith based assumptions. In fact they oppose it. You quote a a single source from one of the most religious country's in the world, lets see what the very same organisation says about your precious I.D.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sc...ent_design

I also find it odd that you claim bias, and yet at the same time claim that the scientific community has a 'theistic' majority. There is a very good reason I.D. proponents are laughed at, because they are trying to include faith based assumptions into science.

Also many bodies are against the I.D. nonsense.

https://www.aclu.org/other/what-scientif...ent-design

Seriously, against what you say is irrefutable evidence, in a scientific community you say is dominated by people who believe in a higher power ?  Many of them are based in a country where you claim only 3% are atheists at yet at the same time shout bias.

You really are at best a conspiracy nut

Watch the movie exposed.  The scientific community systematically fights against ID.  There are more scientists that believe in a higher power than there are atheist scientists as well in the US.  Not every scientist is involved in the systemic battle against ID and some I am sure do even know what ID is.  Many are not biochemists or biologists or cosmologists,...

I've already told you I have seen it and found it to be very poor, in fact worse than poor there has been several websites and articles from scientists showing you it's errors. In fact when it came out I was a Christian, even then i was embarrassed by its tactics.

There is no systematic battle against ID in science, it is simply not science, it belongs in the realms of faith.

When a whole association takes such a powerful a stance against your fantasy position (and it is certainly not the only one to do so), and that from a society you claim the majority are believers in some kind of ultimate being.  And this after you are claiming irrefutable evidence.

You really are simply a conspiracy nut.
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
(May 13, 2018 at 2:01 pm)Mathilda Wrote:
(May 13, 2018 at 1:51 pm)CDF47 Wrote: The God of the Bible I believe in is all powerful.  I believe He built the universe and uses the laws of the universe to control it.  I believe He has providence over the design though and can control it at His will.  

So you really do believe that your god is designing each individual snowflake.

It's God's will how He designs and builds the universe.  This is off topic and I don't have all the answers for how God operates His universe.  What I do have is proof living systems and the universe are designed by looking inside the cell and at the fine-tuned universe.
(May 13, 2018 at 1:00 pm)CDF47 Wrote: I have not used a straw man argument once.  
(May 13, 2018 at 1:44 pm)Mathilda Wrote: Unbelievable. You actually said this with the strawman you made quoted in the very post. I shall repeat it for you.
(May 13, 2018 at 12:03 am)CDF47 Wrote: It is the atheist that believe in magical blind undirect processes created everything.
(May 13, 2018 at 1:44 pm)Mathilda Wrote: Everyone has said to you that they do not believe this yet you persist in telling them that they do. How is this is not a strawman argument from you?
(May 13, 2018 at 1:51 pm)CDF47 Wrote: That was not a straw man argument.

How is that not a strawman?  That's a textbook example of one.  You do realize that simply asserting things that aren't true proves nothing, don't you?

Quote:A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.

Wikipedia || Straw man
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

(May 13, 2018 at 2:07 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 13, 2018 at 2:01 pm)Mathilda Wrote: So you really do believe that your god is designing each individual snowflake.

It's God's will how He designs and builds the universe.  This is off topic and I don't have all the answers for how God operates His universe. 

No it is completely on-topic because life has self-organised. This is why it is neither a blind undirected process or designed. Crystals such as snowflakes also self-organise.

Why do you believe that your god designs each individual snowflake to be different when you neither know how nor why, or have any evidence that he does?

Isn't the simplest explanation that he does not design each individual snowflake? Why choose the more complex explanation?
(May 13, 2018 at 2:12 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(May 13, 2018 at 1:44 pm)Mathilda Wrote: Everyone has said to you that they do not believe this yet you persist in telling them that they do. How is this is not a strawman argument from you?
(May 13, 2018 at 1:51 pm)CDF47 Wrote: That was not a straw man argument.

How is that not a strawman?  That's a textbook example of one.  You do realize that simply asserting things that aren't true proves nothing, don't you?

Quote:A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.

Wikipedia || Straw man

My point was either the process is directed by a Creator or undirected by anyone.  There are only two options here.  That is not a straw man.
(May 13, 2018 at 2:17 pm)CDF47 Wrote: My point was either the process is directed by a Creator or undirected by anyone.  There are only two options here.  That is not a straw man.

It's not directed by anyone.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7461 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3885 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5050 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey