Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 9:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
The most impressive failure of creationism and creationists isn;t in the fact that they get biology wrong from the ground floor to thew penthouse, imo.  It's their complete inability to imagine a world in which they're wrong about any single thing.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 15, 2018 at 8:21 pm)Khemikal Wrote: The most impressive failure of creationism and creationists isn;t in the fact that they get biology wrong from the ground floor to thew penthouse, imo.  It's their complete inability to imagine a world in which they're wrong about any single thing.

Ironically, they think the same about us.
(May 15, 2018 at 8:22 pm)Kit Wrote:
(May 15, 2018 at 8:21 pm)Khemikal Wrote: The most impressive failure of creationism and creationists isn;t in the fact that they get biology wrong from the ground floor to thew penthouse, imo.  It's their complete inability to imagine a world in which they're wrong about any single thing.

They have faith, which is to say the believe whatever they want to believe, which by definition means they can believe they are never wrong if they like.

We have reality, which is to say we test our beliefs against reality, and when found wanting, make corrections.

Even when wrong, we are righter than they can possibly comprehend.
Quote:The peak was a 5 - 10 million years was the main part of it I meant.  My typo trying to respond to all these posts.
Nope 7 to 15 million was the peak as driven by oxygen increases . But changes occured throughout the Period it was not that rapid and well within evolution time scales and it ample pressure and opportunity for it to do it . And by the way we have precambrian fossils. and your overall point was still a fallacy of absence . And already explained why fossils would not be common.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(May 15, 2018 at 7:17 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 15, 2018 at 6:59 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: That's pile of shit. the explosion took 25 million  years. And we have found plenty of  gradual fossils thou not as many as other periods . But  we should expect fossils of the period to be rare as conditions were poor for fossilization and the destruction of fossil beds  on the sea bed would have been common due to seismic activity in that period  . And once again your going back to your fallacy of "if we have not found it .So it does not exist.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cambrian_explosion

The peak was a 5 - 10 million years was the main part of it I meant.  My typo trying to respond to all these posts.

I am curious.  CDF acknowledges that the earth is 4.56 billion years old, and not all species have existed since time immemorial, and some were introduced onto the earth during the Cambrian explosion.  But no “kind”, whatever that means, ever became another.

What happens when the new kind is introduced?   Did a great hand with a hole through the wrist reach down holding a brace of different squealing trilobites and set them in the water?

Did a halo appear suddenly and a few befuddled trilobites with no memory of what they did in the morning come through?

Did god just mold clay into trilobites on some potter’s Wheel on the ocean floor?
(May 15, 2018 at 8:37 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(May 15, 2018 at 7:17 pm)CDF47 Wrote: The peak was a 5 - 10 million years was the main part of it I meant.  My typo trying to respond to all these posts.

I am curious.  CDF acknowledges that the earth is 4.56 billion years old, and not all species have existed since time immemorial, and some were introduced onto the earth during the Cambrian explosion.  But no “kind”, whatever that means, ever became another.

What happens when the new kind is introduced?   Did a great hand with a hole through the wrist reach now holding a brace of different squealing trilobites and set them in the water?

Did a halo appear suddenly a few befuddled trilobites with no memory of what they did in the morning come through?

Did god just mold clay into trilobites on some potter’s Wheel on the ocean floor?
Probably what he's going to say . Absurd huh.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

200+ hasn't stayed dormant for more than a few minutes.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

No, really.

Behe??
Dying to live, living to die.
Huh???
(May 15, 2018 at 7:33 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(May 15, 2018 at 7:19 pm)CDF47 Wrote: Precursors have not been found.  The pump is a different 10 part system than the 40 part motor.  They just share similar parts and are configured a like.

Even if that were true, it would still be a fallacious argument.  You're quibbling about the terms of surrender after you've already lost the battle.

I didn't lose anything.  You wish I did.  Watch the video I posted covers this in great detail.

(May 15, 2018 at 7:34 pm)Tizheruk Wrote:
Quote:Disagree
Your wrong no disagreement to be had .

Why irreducible complexity is flawed by conception and pseudoscience 
https://www.researchgate.net/publication...udoscience

The expelled leaders guide ripped to pieces 
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Expelled:_...%27s_Guide

Quote:Try this experiment if you ever find yourself talking to a proponent of ID. Say, "OK, for the sake of argument let's say evolution is wrong and let's forget about it. Now tell me how intelligent design works." Having tried this a few times myself, I am confident that you will be met with nothing but an awkward silence.
—Amanda Gefter[
Good one Amanda

Watch my good friend and Biologist Fiona Robertson own someone very much like CD

And Kicking ID ass a little further up the totem pole .

Why ID information theory is bollocks. From a professor of computer science . 

http://recursed.blogspot.ca/2009/10/step...heory.html

Neo-Darwinist propaganda. Where does the information in DNA come from?

It's because we are right.

(May 15, 2018 at 8:22 pm)Kit Wrote:

Exactly.

(May 15, 2018 at 8:29 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(May 15, 2018 at 8:22 pm)Kit Wrote: Ironically, they think the same about us.

They have faith, which is to say the believe whatever they want to believe, which by definition means they can believe they are never wrong if they like.

We have reality, which is to say we test our beliefs against reality, and when found wanting, make corrections.

Even when wrong, we are righter than they can possibly comprehend.

LOL.  Yeah right.

(May 15, 2018 at 8:37 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(May 15, 2018 at 7:17 pm)CDF47 Wrote: The peak was a 5 - 10 million years was the main part of it I meant.  My typo trying to respond to all these posts.

What happens when the new kind is introduced?   Did a great hand with a hole through the wrist reach down holding a brace of different squealing trilobites and set them in the water?

Did a halo appear suddenly and a few befuddled trilobites with no memory of what they did in the morning come through?

Not sure how He chooses to add new information into the systems to have them created.

(May 15, 2018 at 8:54 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: No, really.

Behe??

Behe is an excellent scientist.  You are just biased of your views against him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7460 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3885 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5049 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey