Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 8:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(May 16, 2018 at 11:07 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(May 16, 2018 at 11:03 am)CDF47 Wrote: I'd rather continue the conversation.  This topic is one of my favorites and I love discussing it with anyone; believers and un-believers.  I am not trolling, just conversing with the other posters on this site which is why I joined in the first place.

Trollin’ for Christ is still trollin’.

But I am not trolling. I am conversing.

(May 16, 2018 at 11:07 am)Mathilda Wrote:
(May 16, 2018 at 11:05 am)CDF47 Wrote: It all has to do with the fall of man and sin.  All the hardships and evil and imperfections.  We have to play the cards God deals us in life.  It is a temporary experience.

But why does your god design some babies to have birth defects?

Could be due to sin of the parents (punishment sometimes goes down the generations as stated in Scripture).  Could be for God's glory as the defective child shows great capability and gives all glory to God.  Could be for other reasons of His choosing. It all has to do with the fall of man and sin.
(May 16, 2018 at 11:08 am)CDF47 Wrote: Could be due to sin of the parents (punishment sometimes goes down the generations as stated in Scripture).  Could be for God's glory as the defective child shows great capability and gives all glory to God.  Could be for other reasons of His choosing.

So your god punishes innocents for other people's sins? And finds glory in deformed babies?

Why would your god design a baby to die before it has a chance to develop enough to make its own decisions and to love him? For example miscarriages.
Yea for design.

[Image: wpid-article-1269348884799-08d4ec5900000...36x382.jpg]

Wonder what this kid did?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 16, 2018 at 9:48 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 16, 2018 at 9:47 am)Mathilda Wrote: So your god did not design everything in the world because some things are designed by humans.

Everything is under His providence and He allows humans to do certain things, like design, that is correct and that is what I have been saying all along.  I never contradicted that as I have held these beliefs for a very long time.

(May 16, 2018 at 9:47 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote: The entire thread is a circle, a shiny lure like circle.

There was a lot of circling but my position in the first post still stands.  We are designed.

Sorry, amigo, I left the pond, but you've got plenty other biters.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(May 16, 2018 at 11:12 am)Mathilda Wrote:
(May 16, 2018 at 11:08 am)CDF47 Wrote: Could be due to sin of the parents (punishment sometimes goes down the generations as stated in Scripture).  Could be for God's glory as the defective child shows great capability and gives all glory to God.  Could be for other reasons of His choosing.

So your god punishes innocents for other people's sins? And finds glory in deformed babies?

Why would your god design a baby to die before it has a chance to develop enough to make its own decisions and to love him? For example miscarriages.

Don't twist my words.  God can choose to punish down the generations due to bad leadership of parents.  It is all due to the fall of man and sin.  Or, God can use the defective child to accomplish amazing feats and give all glory to God as God gives glory back to the person.  It is like a good leader and good follower.  The follower gives praise to his leader while the leader gives praise to his follower. 

Because of sin and the fall of man there are imperfections in this world like I said previously.  That is the reason for all the problems in this world and death and suffering itself.

(May 16, 2018 at 11:15 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote:
(May 16, 2018 at 9:48 am)CDF47 Wrote: Everything is under His providence and He allows humans to do certain things, like design, that is correct and that is what I have been saying all along.  I never contradicted that as I have held these beliefs for a very long time.

There was a lot of circling but my position in the first post still stands.  We are designed.

Sorry, amigo, I left the pond, but you've got plenty other biters.

Sounds good. Maybe we will discuss another topic some day. Take care.
(May 16, 2018 at 10:59 am)CDF47 Wrote: I disagree.

Of course you do, but that does not make anything correct.

Quote:It is rare in the Bible for a supernatural event.  90 percent of the Bible is natural occurrences and only about 10 percent is supernatural.  God allows us to have science to study His creation.

On the contrary doesn't the bible say 'He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. ' according to the bible all things including the material are supernatural in their bonding. Therefore all sin, death and evil are his too including our minds.

Quote:Hell might get destroyed.  There are verses in the Bible that refer to the destruction of the unrighteous and the destruction death and hell.  It's God's will and He is just.

Then what's the point of torturing people in the first place, such idiocy

Quote:Because I know they are my own free will.

How

Quote:Scripture and science supports that as well.

Yes but if you have no free will, scripture supporting it means nothing, (much like the sun does not circle the earth) and as for science as I understand it is going in the opposite direction.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/...-free-will

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc...ll/480750/

There are many other such articles from science foundations, again the bible is being proven wrong, in fact the very core of belief is seen as under threat.
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
Sings:

A theistically biased interpretation of scripture helps the bullshit indoctrinate, helps the bullshit indoctrinate, helps the bullshit indoctrinate.
(May 16, 2018 at 11:16 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 16, 2018 at 11:12 am)Mathilda Wrote: So your god punishes innocents for other people's sins? And finds glory in deformed babies?

Don't twist my words.  God can choose to punish down the generations due to bad leadership of parents.  It is all due to the fall of man and sin.  Or, God can use the defective child to accomplish amazing feats and give all glory to God as God gives glory back to the person.  It is like a good leader and good follower.  The follower gives praise to his leader while the leader gives praise to his follower. 

Because of sin and the fall of man there are imperfections in this world like I said previously.  That is the reason for all the problems in this world and death and suffering itself.

I did not twist your words. This is precisely what you are saying to me.

(May 16, 2018 at 11:08 am)CDF47 Wrote: Could be due to sin of the parents (punishment sometimes goes down the generations as stated in Scripture). Could be for God's glory as the defective child shows great capability and gives all glory to God.

But OK let's ask more questions.

Why does your god punish innocent babies with birth defects because of the actions of its parents?

How does a baby with a birth defect add to your god's glory?

Does a baby or fetus have free will?
(May 16, 2018 at 11:08 am)CDF47 Wrote: Could be due to sin of the parents (punishment sometimes goes down the generations as stated in Scripture).  Could be for God's glory as the defective child shows great capability and gives all glory to God.  Could be for other reasons of His choosing.  It all has to do with the fall of man and sin.

Seriously, as i understand what Christians believe about life, is that at the moment of conception god puts life into us, each a completely new spirit, void of sin (how can it have sinned if a new creation) and he puts this innocent into a deformed body.?

Its not even sensible
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
(May 16, 2018 at 11:19 am)possibletarian Wrote:
(May 16, 2018 at 10:59 am)CDF47 Wrote: I disagree.

Of course you do, but that does not make anything correct.

Quote:It is rare in the Bible for a supernatural event.  90 percent of the Bible is natural occurrences and only about 10 percent is supernatural.  God allows us to have science to study His creation.

On the contrary doesn't the bible say 'He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. ' according to the bible all things including the material are supernatural in their bonding. Therefore all sin, death and evil are his too including our minds.

Quote:Hell might get destroyed.  There are verses in the Bible that refer to the destruction of the unrighteous and the destruction death and hell.  It's God's will and He is just.

Then what's the point of torturing people in the first place, such idiocy

Quote:Because I know they are my own free will.

How

Quote:Scripture and science supports that as well.

Yes but if you have no free will, scripture supporting it means nothing, (much like the sun does not circle the earth) and as for science as I understand it is going in the opposite direction.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/...-free-will

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc...ll/480750/

There are many other such articles from science foundations, again the bible is being proven wrong, in fact the very core of belief is seen as under threat.
[/quote]

I just agree to disagree.

True, He does hold everything together.  That is why I keep saying He is providential over His creation.

The suffering has to do with the war in heaven where the devil and his followers rebelled against God.  Additionally, the suffering has to do with the disobedience and sin of man.

Scripture and science and my own intuition I was designed with.

I disagree.  See http://www.godandscience.org/ for more information.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7460 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3884 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5049 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey