Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 5:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
Quote:He is the one true God and you will bow down.
And fish will ride bikes
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Hell, CDF might even find his integrity on that day.  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:All I know is from Scripture which states every knee will bow.
You don't know much then

Quote:You will kneel and confess Crisco as the Lard.
[Image: 00051500382851_a1c1.jpg?odnBound=460]
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(June 20, 2018 at 6:59 pm)CDF47 Wrote: I believe His power is so great you will automatically bow down seeing God in His glory.

And I believe you are absolutely wrong about that.  Not only 99% wrong -- 100% wrong.  I believe that no one will ever see your god for real, for two reasons:
  • Dead people don't see anything.
  • You can't see imaginary beings.

(June 20, 2018 at 7:08 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Here is the true miracle of Christianity, it made Christians realize that they still fell so far short of their own goals for reprehensible morality, vanity, cruelty, pathetic ignorance and loathsome misanthropy that they felt it necessary to invest in their make belief deity even greater moral reprehensibility, vanity, cruelty, ignorance and misanthropy than they can manage on their own.

It's a race to the bottom.  It's Bizarro World morality, where people can't get any respect for trying to do good, and have to do odious, life- and reason-denying crap like the Sinner's Prayer to fit in.
CDF: See my username?

If you don't fight bravely and honourably in battle, I won't collect your soul so you can go to Valhalla and drink and feast for eternity with Odin ALLFather.

Do you really want that?

Will you be a minion of Loki all your life?
Dying to live, living to die.
I don't think dear, sweet Uncle Loki will want him either. He has standards.
No use for dullards in Tricksterville. Maybe, if he;d managed to snipe a single soul for Behe he'd have value, but that ship sailed.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 20, 2018 at 10:35 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Hell, CDF might even find his integrity on that day.  Wink

Psssss... We only want examples of the utterly improbable, not the metaphysically impossible.
If the mighty creator, mighty god, prince of peace, lover of all, ever present, all seeing, all knowing and all powerful god is incapable of revealing himself to us in any discernable way in the life we have now when we need him most...

Then why bother with worship in the next..

His...
Holiness
Mightyness
Glory
King of this lord of that...

Are all excuses as to why he can't actually reveal himself to mere mortals in any meaningful way. Only to those who swallow the silliness, much like any religion or cult's mantra which is essentially believe and then you believe.
This makes him exactly the same as no god at all.
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
So... to sum up.
DNA is a wondrous molecule, surrounded by amazing molecular machinery. CDF thinks this is a clear sign of an external creator entity, while we think it's a product of biochemistry, complex biochemistry indeed, but not requiring any extra-universal being.
CDF's predisposition towards engineering can have certainly biased him towards his conclusion.

Evolution happens, but CDF can only accept it to go so far... never across Genus, for in our one hundred years of scientific research, we haven't seen any such crossing. Perfect misunderstanding, perfect incapability to extrapolate, all for the sake of what is written in the book taking priority.

CDF has little to no education on religious philosophy and couldn't care less about metaphysics.
CDF thinks, as many believers do, that the metaphysical realm, that of souls and angels and demons and ghosts and gods and other perfect concepts, shares the hierarchical structures between individuals that humanity has in countries, or states. The king is the lord and we the subjects must bend the knee. The master is the lord and we the slaves must bend the knee.

Coupled with this comes his irrational belief that the bible is somehow inspired by this extra-universal entity... only inspired, because, although the entity could fashion molecular machinery, it was impossible for it to go beyond and actually write a proper timeless guide book... it needs to be read through the lens of the mentality of the time when it was written, for it was indeed written by people living at that time. People who may have only had similar beliefs as CDF and had the need to share those in writing... no inspiration required as far as I can tell.
Which tells us that a human-made book, made some 2000 years ago and filled with superstition, is taking priority over actual scientific research and confident extrapolation. It is a sad mind that allows itself to be so misguided.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1352 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7505 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7462 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3887 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2201 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1472 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5054 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey