Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 9:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
Hey CDF, how do you explain ring species?
(June 20, 2018 at 6:59 pm)CDF47 Wrote: I believe His power is so great you will automatically bow down seeing God in His glory.

You certainly have spent the better part of the last few pages spouting how you believe in something for which you have zero evidence to support its existence. Learn to differentiate your opinion from realistic fact. Wink
(June 21, 2018 at 5:17 am)pocaracas Wrote: So... to sum up.
DNA is a wondrous molecule, surrounded by amazing molecular machinery. CDF thinks this is a clear sign of an external creator entity, while we think it's a product of biochemistry, complex biochemistry indeed, but not requiring any extra-universal being.
CDF's predisposition towards engineering can have certainly biased him towards his conclusion.

Evolution happens, but CDF can only accept it to go so far... never across Genus, for in our one hundred years of scientific research, we haven't seen any such crossing. Perfect misunderstanding, perfect incapability to extrapolate, all for the sake of what is written in the book taking priority.

CDF has little to no education on religious philosophy and couldn't care less about metaphysics.
CDF thinks, as many believers do, that the metaphysical realm, that of souls and angels and demons and ghosts and gods and other perfect concepts, shares the hierarchical structures between individuals that humanity has in countries, or states. The king is the lord and we the subjects must bend the knee. The master is the lord and we the slaves must bend the knee.

Coupled with this comes his irrational belief that the bible is somehow inspired by this extra-universal entity... only inspired, because, although the entity could fashion molecular machinery, it was impossible for it to go beyond and actually write a proper timeless guide book... it needs to be read through the lens of the mentality of the time when it was written, for it was indeed written by people living at that time. People who may have only had similar beliefs as CDF and had the need to share those in writing... no inspiration required as far as I can tell.
Which tells us that a human-made book, made some 2000 years ago and filled with superstition, is taking priority over actual scientific research and confident extrapolation. It is a sad mind that allows itself to be so misguided.

It is sad that someone apparently so interested in these things will never be able to learn about them properly, because of the conflict with dogma.

I found it funny when he said, "Science has had it's years to explain...", which is an admittence that nothing he's talking about is scientific. It's just making stuff up, otherwise known as theology. If there was evidence for what he was saying, that too would be science.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I don’t believe for one second that he’s serious about any of this, you guys. I don’t even think he’s lying for Jesus. He’s jus a sad, bored troll, (or more like POE at this point) who’s gonna see how long he can string us before he gets the ban hammer.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(June 21, 2018 at 8:40 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: I don’t believe for one second that he’s serious about any of this, you guys.  I don’t even think he’s lying for Jesus.  He’s jus a sad, bored troll, (or more like POE at this point) who’s gonna see how long he can string us before he gets the ban hammer.

I'm on the fence. It's so hard to tell. You're right, this could easily be a Poe just trolling us out of boredom. But I've seen so many people act in this childish way that it could potentially be a brainwashed cultist desperate for validation. He acts pretty similar to Little Rik, who I believe is "genuine", who also just repeats himself endlessly so as to try and have the last word.

It seems to be some weird sort of compulsion. I would guess it's an attempt to exorcise their own doubts by "beating" atheists, and of course they do that by having posted more recently than the atheists. It doesn't seem to matter to them much what they say, or whether it's consistent from one post from the next. It doesn't have to address what anyone has said. They just have to claim to be right. They don't seem to care much about actually being right.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(June 20, 2018 at 7:39 pm)sdelsolray Wrote: I understand now why the mods would allow this infantile troll to continue to post here.

He is a poster child for willfully ignorant, intellectually dishonest, emotionally stunted, attention seeking, delusional and hubris filled Christian nutters.  By allowing him to continue, he alone shows all how not to think or behave.

No, maybe I post here because I abide by the forum rules.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
We;re almost there!  Just a few more pages to go.  Cmon, you can do it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 20, 2018 at 6:54 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(June 20, 2018 at 6:51 pm)Khemikal Wrote: So you don;t even know what the plan is, lol?  What if the plan is to chop me off at the knees before throwing me in a lake of fire.  

Gonna sit there and sing hosanna while it happens?

You will kneel and confess Christ as the Lord.

You will kneel before Zod!
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
4,868 posts in a month and a half in this thread?

[Image: Escalated.jpg]
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
We made a commitment to 500 pages.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1352 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7505 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7462 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3887 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2201 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1472 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5054 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey