Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 10:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(November 11, 2018 at 7:22 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 7:08 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote: In that case Occam's Razor applies and you are on the wrong side of it.

Do you even care if what you believe is true?

I know what I believe is true.
How do you know it is true?

(November 11, 2018 at 7:22 pm)Everena Wrote: I just can't prove it to you because you are not me and you have not experienced what I have experienced.
Back to the lame "personal experience" excuse.

(November 11, 2018 at 7:22 pm)Everena Wrote: One day you will though and it will all seem a lot more positive and all for the good of humanity than it may sound to you now.
You patronising little arrogant shit.

As a matter of fact, the world is now in better shape than it has ever been throughout the entirety of human history and how dare you attempt to tell me how anything appears to me.

(November 11, 2018 at 7:22 pm)Everena Wrote: Humans are striving to become perfect and more godlike so we are eventually deserving of an eternal paradise. Suffering through pain you have intentionally caused to others teaches incredibly valuable lessons and makes us better people.
And that is how you excuse your abhorrent pathetic excuse for your existence.

In your world, we should let all the brown people starve to death and watch them die with utter indifference because they are learning important lessons.

You are beneath contempt.
(November 11, 2018 at 7:27 pm)Joods Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 7:12 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote: You realise that you are justifying making NO attempt to cure the child as doing so would obviate your god's lesson, right?

She's the same asshole who probably believes that rape is okay as long as it's committed by a god believer. Because you know, the rape victim is here to teach us all about compassion and empathy. As if the victim's suffering is entirely for the benefit of others.

What a sick fuck she is.

I think rape is sickening and horrifying and I wish prison and they same hell they have caused to others, on all rapists

(November 11, 2018 at 7:34 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 7:22 pm)Everena Wrote: I know what I believe is true.
How do you know it is true?

(November 11, 2018 at 7:22 pm)Everena Wrote: I just can't prove it to you because you are not me and you have not experienced what I have experienced.

(November 11, 2018 at 7:22 pm)Everena Wrote: One day you will though and it will all seem a lot more positive and all for the good of humanity than it may sound to you now.

As a matter of fact, the world is now in better shape than it has ever been throughout the entirety of human history and how dare you attempt to tell me how anything appears to me.

(November 11, 2018 at 7:22 pm)Everena Wrote: Humans are striving to become perfect and more godlike so we are eventually deserving of an eternal paradise. Suffering through pain you have intentionally caused to others teaches incredibly valuable lessons and makes us better people.

In your world, we should let all the brown people starve to death and watch them die with utter indifference because they are learning important lessons.

No, quite the opposite. I think the challenges here are our responsibility completely. I just don't think anyone will ever suffer through any pain they have not intentionally caused to others.
(November 11, 2018 at 7:22 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 7:08 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote: In that case Occam's Razor applies and you are on the wrong side of it.

Do you even care if what you believe is true?

I know what I believe is true. I just can't prove it to you because you are not me and you have not experienced what I have experienced. One day you will though and it will all seem a lot more positive and all for the good of humanity than it may sound to you now. Humans are striving to become perfect and more godlike so we are eventually deserving of an eternal paradise. Suffering through pain you have intentionally caused to others teaches incredibly valuable lessons and makes us better people.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 11, 2018 at 7:28 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 7:23 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote: Bullshit. First, demonstrate that souls exist, then explain how an immortal soul can martyr itself. Then demonstrate that angels exist.

As for the food to feed 10 billion, what do you propose? Shall we pop our leftovers in an envelop and forward it to Africa?

You haven't a clue, do you.

Yes, i propose that we stop wasting food and find a way to get it to the people who need it since our farmers grow enough food to feed 1.5 times the population of the world.

(November 11, 2018 at 7:26 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: How?

Logic combined with personal experiences.

What if I told you that logic and my personal experiences lead me to know that Islam is true?  What does that tell you about personal experiences as a reliable method to get to the truth?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(November 11, 2018 at 7:36 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 7:27 pm)Joods Wrote: She's the same asshole who probably believes that rape is okay as long as it's committed by a god believer. Because you know, the rape victim is here to teach us all about compassion and empathy. As if the victim's suffering is entirely for the benefit of others.

What a sick fuck she is.

I think rape is sickening and horrifying and I wish prison and they same hell they have caused to others, on all rapists
No you don't. You think the suffering caused by rape is teaching important lessons and should not be interfered with.
(November 11, 2018 at 7:36 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 7:34 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote: How do you know it is true?

No, quite the opposite. I think the challenges here are our responsibility completely. I just don't think anyone will ever suffer through any pain they have not intentionally caused to others.
Really? Breaking my leg fairly comprehensively was pretty painful, as was the surgery and subsequent rehab. Funny, though, I don't seem to remember breaking anyone else's leg, ever.

You are going to claim that it happened in a previous life, but I don't seem to have any of those either.

For all you know, this is my first incarnation anyway, so I might not have any karma at all.

Pretzel logic, possibly even Moebius.
(November 11, 2018 at 7:24 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 7:08 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote: And, as I said, with the same authority and evidence, the moon is made of green cheese, and grazing upon it, are pink sparkly unicorns. 
Repeating shit, does not make it anything else. 

Your statement is an example of the well-known fallacy : "affirming the consequent". Congratulations.
Thank you. And science has already proven that particles and atoms can exist in two places at the same time, and now they have discovered this with bacteria, so it is only a matter of time.

Quantum entanglement isn't two particles or atoms existing in two places at the same time, and neither is superposition. You're just a fire hose of ignorance.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 11, 2018 at 4:11 pm)Whateverist Wrote: So are you just trolling the forums by disputing evolution before conceding it and encouraging the perception that you support traditional Christian dogma before disowning it?

Do you have any ground of your own you'd care to share or defend?

You wrote Wrote:I do not dispute evolution. Evolution is a human invented term describing a process that we discovered was happening. It is not a first cause of life, food, or anything else on this planet and it does not replace God, no matter how much you all may want it to.

I applaud theists who can accept evolution and the rest of science.  That puts you a rung above that Ken Ham and his creation museum.  I think we agree that evolution is a distinct subject from the origins of life.  To me questions of ultimate origins is nothing we are entitled to have or likely to discover, and I can live with that.  I don't need to have a story to provide me with pat answers to those kinds of questions.  I'm content to follow our origins out of the primordial muck from which bacteria, plants, fish, chimps and we have all come.  But first causes?

My hunch is life originated naturally, that organic chemistry is a loop that inorganic chemistry can get into.  Your hunch is that before there can be anything at all, first there must be a first cause which can only be provided by a supernatural being capable of bringing things about by magic.  Neither of us can show we are right and the other is wrong.  Agree to disagree?

How the much became infused with life
(November 11, 2018 at 7:43 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 7:28 pm)Everena Wrote: Yes, i propose that we stop wasting food and find a way to get it to the people who need it since our farmers grow enough food to feed 1.5 times the population of the world.

Logic combined with personal experiences.

What if I told you that logic and my personal experiences lead me to know that Islam is true?  What does that tell you about personal experiences as a reliable method to get to the truth?
I would say that is wonderful and Islam is probably the faith most likely to help you along in your journey through life this time.
(November 11, 2018 at 7:53 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 7:43 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: What if I told you that logic and my personal experiences lead me to know that Islam is true?  What does that tell you about personal experiences as a reliable method to get to the truth?
I would say that is wonderful and Islam is probably the faith most likely to help you along in your journey through life this time.

But, would you think I was wrong, and you were right?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(November 11, 2018 at 7:47 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 7:36 pm)Everena Wrote: I think rape is sickening and horrifying and I wish prison and they same hell they have caused to others, on all rapists
No you don't. You think the suffering caused by rape is teaching important lessons and should not be interfered with.

I never said anything like that fool, and do not pretend you know what I think. You do not know one thing about me and I do not wish to converse with someone who makes up lies about me. Good bye

Moderator Notice
Edited to fix quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7461 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3885 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5050 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey