Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 7:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(November 11, 2018 at 8:52 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 8:49 pm)wyzas Wrote: Maybe, I'm not following posts, just the count.

Are you sure this "thing" is a "she"? I'm not.

Well she looks like Elvira, the wicked green witch ...

[Image: 2mb4p4.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 11, 2018 at 8:49 pm)wyzas Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 8:45 pm)Joods Wrote: I don't know about that. Panda was on spot with calling her out before when she was lurking. I think they would have figured it out by now if she was a sock or not.

Maybe, I'm not following posts, just the count.

Are you sure this "thing" is a "she"? I'm not.

No, I'm not sure this person is a she. I'm just going off the avatar. I stopped trying to have any sort of conversation with her right after she stated that she doesn't care what the majority of the members here think. Nothing more than a fucking troll who doesn't want to consider logical, truthful points of views.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(November 11, 2018 at 8:43 pm)Everena Wrote: If you had personal experiences with God, then they would only lead you the truth of eternal life. You have decided on your own that you die and that is the end of you because you are without God.

So how *much* of this "faith" of yours does one need to be able to have eternal life ? 
A lot, a little, a smidgen ?

(November 11, 2018 at 7:12 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 6:54 pm)Everena Wrote: A six year old dying of cancer could be here to teach important lessons of compassion, kindness and empathy. And there is no real death when you believe in eternal life.

You realise that you are justifying making NO attempt to cure the child as doing so would obviate your god's lesson, right?

That's it. I always say "God has a plan for you, ... stop screwing it up with your prayers". 
Angel
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(November 11, 2018 at 5:12 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 2:44 pm)Whateverist Wrote: I think she/he is looking for wildly speculative, just-so stories which not only make sense of the world but place ourselves at the very center of the story as God's own darlings.  She is right you know, science doesn't even try to pander to our vanities.

I don't believe in comforting stories. I think all religions are man-made but with a very good purpose in mind. Were some of them at least partly inspired by actual prophets of God? I don't know and neither do you.

Honestly I don't really think they are just comforting stories. I'm glad we agree about religion being manmade and I too think that religion came about for reasons which are worth understanding. And no, I don't think religion came about merely as a mistake caused by our ancient stupidity or as a con job on the part of a dastardly priestly caste. I'd prefer to be less glib about the status of god belief and religious experience.

But by all means, lets start by both owning our agnosticism regarding the status of God. Neither of us knows but I can respect your right to decide for yourself so long as you can also grant the reasonableness of my making my own decision.

Now what?
Quote:I don't believe in comforting stories.I think all religions are man-made but with a very good purpose in mind. Were some of them at least partly inspired by actual prophets of God? I don't know and neither do you.
Yes it seems all but certain there not

Quote:If you had personal experiences with God, then they would only lead you the truth of eternal life. You have decided on your own that you die and that is the end of you because you are without God.
Nope none of that follows
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(November 11, 2018 at 8:51 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 8:48 pm)Everena Wrote: That is exactly what it means. Work on your reading comp skills. I provided you with two articles that explain it in laymans terms. There are literally hundreds more on the web that you can refer to easily so that you are no longer confused by this.

From your own article:

Quote:There's the fact that two separated particles can interact instantaneously, a phenomenon called quantum entanglement.

Two particles interacting, not one particle existing two places at once.
They are interacting while they are existing in 2 different places. Please educate yourself about this. I am right and you are wrong. Let it go.
Quote:They are interacting while they are existing in 2 different places. Please educate yourself about this. I am right and you are wrong. Let it go.
Nope the  opposite
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(November 11, 2018 at 8:43 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 8:35 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: What if I tell you that my personal experiences with my god lead me to know for a fact that consciousness ends at the point of death?  God didn’t design us to be eternal beings.  I have obtained this knowledge via my personal experiences.
If you had personal experiences with God, then they would only lead you the truth of eternal life. You have decided on your own that you die and that is the end of you because you are without God.
My experience with god is real.  I know it.  I don’t have to prove it to you.  You are the one who is deciding there is an afterlife on your own.  I have experiences with the one true god, and I know that there is no afterlife, because he did not design us that way.  The same method, personal experience, leads two people to two different conclusions.  Mutually exclusive conclusions.  What does that tell you about the reliability of personal experience?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(November 11, 2018 at 8:59 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 8:43 pm)Everena Wrote: If you had personal experiences with God, then they would only lead you the truth of eternal life. You have decided on your own that you die and that is the end of you because you are without God.

So how *much* of this "faith" of yours does one need to be able to have eternal life ? 
A lot, a little, a smidgen ?

(November 11, 2018 at 7:12 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote: You realise that you are justifying making NO attempt to cure the child as doing so would obviate your god's lesson, right?

That's it. I always say "God has a plan for you, ... stop screwing it up with your prayers". 
Angel

False. You are just trying any way you can to make it sound as bad as possible because you don't want to be held accountable for you actions and you don't want to believe that we are here to learn and to become better people (and it very obvious better people would be trying to cure and care for everyone in need)

(November 11, 2018 at 9:24 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 5:12 pm)Everena Wrote: I don't believe in comforting stories. I think all religions are man-made but with a very good purpose in mind. Were some of them at least partly inspired by actual prophets of God? I don't know and neither do you.

Honestly I don't really think they are just comforting stories.  I'm glad we agree about religion being manmade and I too think that religion came about for reasons which are worth understanding.  And no, I don't think religion came about merely as a mistake caused by our ancient stupidity or as a con job on the part of a dastardly priestly caste.  I'd prefer to be less glib about the status of god belief and religious experience.

But by all means, lets start by both owning our agnosticism regarding the status of God.  Neither of us knows but I can respect your right to decide for yourself so long as you can also grant the reasonableness of my making my own decision.

Now what?
I accept your right to deny the existence of God without proof, but as for myself, I know God exists beyond any and all doubt and some day you will too.
(November 11, 2018 at 4:21 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 4:17 pm)Whateverist Wrote: Guess what, religion doesn't seek to discover why things are happening either.  Religion just spins a story that confers meaning without any discovery process.  In the case of Christianity the meaning is assumed to be revealed by the bible.  I think whatever science reveals deserves much more consideration than the just-so stories of religion.
So do I. I think all religions are man-made but with a good purpose in mind. Higher intelligence as the creator of this universe is still the only logical assumption.

But only so long as we feel the need to posit a creator.  There could be a higher level intentionality going on behind the scenes to bring things together the way they are, but I definitely don't think there must have been.  Do you?  It seems once again we start from a different hunch regarding what we can't verify.  I strongly doubt any higher order intentionality is required.  I could be wrong about that but I feel it is highly unlikely.  I can conceive of a natural god arising in consciousness right along side our sense of self.  That would fit with a number of phenomena, including supporting the wide spread appeal of god belief.  But how could such a natural god have anything to do with cosmos creation?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1352 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7505 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7462 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3887 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2201 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1472 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5054 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey