Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 7:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
Quote:Everena: Again you are wrong and uneducated to the point of being annoying. Do try to get that. And amoebas are not plants fool.
Which is irrelevant 

Quote:Everena: God is only "on the hook" as you say. with ridiculous, uneducated, illogical atheists who don't believe in God anyway.
Nope if he existed he's on the hook by any moral being 

Quote:The smart 93% of the world
Still a fallacy 

Quote:does not have these issues with understanding that this earth is our challenge, not God's challenge.
Still a fallacy

Quote:No, an opinion based on what the most famous statistician who ever lived said. https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/george_gallup_113367
[/url] Which is still just a quote of an opinion 

Quote:And based on the fact that it is mathematically impossible for even one protein to have formed by chance, as proven here:
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1_KEVaCyaA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1_KEVaCyaA
ID bunk 

Quote:Fallacies, well ad populum but I was just stating facts, make of what you will. So what ignorance have I stated? Be specific. Tick tock.
1. Still a fallacy 

2. Same answer as before

Quote:I am not wrong, you are. And I am glad you are admitting that you were just making up lies about me
Yes you are wrong and it's ironic that you complain about me supposedly  lying when you just told a lie about me admitting i was telling lies . Dodgy
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(November 27, 2018 at 12:17 am)Everena Wrote:
(November 27, 2018 at 12:13 am)Paleophyte Wrote: You're wrong about the 93%. You can claim 63% as confirmed religious at best. You're citing a Wikipedia page and I'm getting my data from Gallup. You remember Gallup don't you? A mere 3 years changes very little.
No I was not wrong about 93% believing in God or a Higher Power. 
73 cited scholarly sources from all over the world going to 2017 and 2018 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism
Your gallup poll is from 2015 and yes I remember Gallup who said he can prove God statistically. It is mathematically impossible to be an atheist.

And you are rubbish about logic and math, which is why you have the wrong number and why your claims of mathematical impossibility are hilarious.

Nowhere in your linked Wikipedia article is 93% mentioned. You arrived at that number by taking the 7% your article cited and claiming all the rest as religious. Your friend Mr. Gallup says that you can't do that because there's a middle group of 22% that's neither confirmed atheist nor confirmed religious. They're just plain old not religious and don't really give a damn. Confirmed religious is 63%. 66% once you factor out people who didn't respond. The rest are non-believers. You get 2 out of 3 at best.
(November 27, 2018 at 12:35 am)Paleophyte Wrote:
(November 27, 2018 at 12:09 am)Everena Wrote: Everena: Again you are wrong and uneducated to the point of being annoying. Do try to get that. And amoebas are not plants fool.

I don't think that I'm going to be terribly insulted if somebody whose scientific literacy is so dismal that she forgot plants are alive thinks that I'm foolish.

Here it is step by step, try and follow along:

Amoebas are single-celled organisms (not plants, try not to get confused here).

Amoebas suffer. We can watch them writhe in agony.

Plants are more complex than amoebas. They're multicellular for a start. So they likely suffer more profoundly than anything as basic as an amoeba.

Plants emit chemicals when damaged. Other plants respond to these chemicals. They communicate their distress and react to other plants' suffering.

Everena: Plants are not conscious life or living creatures, and if you feel so bad about eating the food this earth provides for you, then by all means stop eating it because you think it is so evil to do it. Do you think it hurts an orange tree or an apple tree when their fruit falls to the ground and we it? Does it hurt a bush when we eat berries before they fall to the ground? Who in the f-ck do you think you're kidding?

Quote:Everena: God is only "on the hook" as you say. with ridiculous, uneducated, illogical atheists who don't believe in God anyway.

You mean people who aren't emotionally invested in religion and willing to question it?

Quote:The smart 93% of the world

63% according to your dearly quoted Mr. Gallup.
No, it is 89% according to the Gallup poll from 3 years ago. Only 11% atheists in the world. Learn to read a poll. I am not even religious.

Quote:does not have these issues with understanding that this earth is our challenge, not God's challenge.

You admit it then? That God made this world with suffering?

Everena: No fool, people are causing suffering. Watch the news some time.

And you spelled it wrong. 

Everena: Spelled what wrong?
Wow her math is from ID propaganda film and some ID propaganda literature  Dodgy
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(November 27, 2018 at 12:50 am)Amarok Wrote: Wow her math is from ID propaganda film and some ID propaganda literature  Dodgy

Really? Any mathematician or statististician can tell you the same thing. And George Gallup was around before anyone knew what the ID group even was.
Quote:Everena: Plants are not conscious life or living creatures, and if you feel so bad about eating the food this earth provides for you, then by all means stop eating it because you think it is so evil to do it. Do you think it hurts an orange tree or an apple tree when their fruit falls to the ground and we it? Does it hurt a bush when we eat berries before they fall to the ground? Who in the f-ck do you think you're kidding?
This statement is so dumb it hurts there would be a difference between a normal function of the plant and eating it and you missed his point entirely and yes plants are fucking alive 

Quote:Everena: No fool, people are causing suffering. Watch the news some time.
Yup people are causing tornadoes and hurricanes

(November 27, 2018 at 12:53 am)Everena Wrote:
(November 27, 2018 at 12:50 am)Amarok Wrote: Wow her math is from ID propaganda film and some ID propaganda literature  Dodgy

Really? Any mathematician or statististician can tell you the same thing. And George Gallup was around before anyone knew what the ID group even was.
1. What you linked was ID propaganda from a gang of ideologically motivated hacks

2. Not any  mathematician or statistician . This is just Hoyle's fallacy.

3. Again Galllups was just an opinion by a non biologist

Inuit Proverb

(November 27, 2018 at 12:47 am)Paleophyte Wrote:
(November 27, 2018 at 12:17 am)Everena Wrote: No I was not wrong about 93% believing in God or a Higher Power. 
73 cited scholarly sources from all over the world going to 2017 and 2018 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism
Your gallup poll is from 2015 and yes I remember Gallup who said he can prove God statistically. It is mathematically impossible to be an atheist.

And you are rubbish about logic and math, which is why you have the wrong number and why your claims of mathematical impossibility are hilarious.

Nowhere in your linked Wikipedia article is 93% mentioned. You arrived at that number by taking the 7% your article cited and claiming all the rest as religious. Your friend Mr. Gallup says that you can't do that because there's a middle group of 22% that's neither confirmed atheist nor confirmed religious. They're just plain old not religious and don't really give a damn. Confirmed religious is 63%. 66% once you factor out people who didn't respond. The rest are non-believers. You get 2 out of 3 at best.
False. I am not even religious. And the poll regarding the atheist demographics already figured that all in. Read it. The Gallup poll just did not poll everyone and it is from 3 years ago.

(November 27, 2018 at 12:56 am)Amarok Wrote:
Quote:Everena: Plants are not conscious life or living creatures, and if you feel so bad about eating the food this earth provides for you, then by all means stop eating it because you think it is so evil to do it. Do you think it hurts an orange tree or an apple tree when their fruit falls to the ground and we it? Does it hurt a bush when we eat berries before they fall to the ground? Who in the f-ck do you think you're kidding?
This statement is so dumb it hurts there would be a difference between a normal function of the plant and eating it and you missed his point entirely and yes plants are fucking alive 

Everena: That they are alive was not his whole point. That we are hurting them was his point. Learn to read or stay out of it. And plants are not conscious life, and we are not hurting them. They are very obviously on this earth to provide us with food.

Quote:Everena: No fool, people are causing suffering. Watch the news some time.
Yup people are causing tornadoes and hurricanes
Everena: Everything happens for a reason.

(November 27, 2018 at 12:53 am)Everena Wrote: Really? Any mathematician or statististician can tell you the same thing. And George Gallup was around before anyone knew what the ID group even was.
1. What you linked was ID propaganda from a gang of ideologically motivated hacks

Everena: What I linked was math that proves something you don't like. 

2. Not any  mathematician or statistician 

Everena: Yes, any can do the same math. It's in various articles all over the internet.

3. Again Galllups was just an opinion by a non biologist

Everena: It was not an opinion. Statististics do not require biologists to be present. It is high level math done on a scientific calculator that no biologist would even understand. And biologists are not God. Wake up.
Fact: The oldest pig in the world lived to the age of 68.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Kinda like Roger Penrose then ?

Ya know snookums, you claim somehow that you're in sync with religionists because you believe in this god of yours, and you constantly ridicule others
because you claim they are illogical by not believing in your god(s).
2.2 billion Christians don't agree with you. According to their scripture, (which you know nothing about),
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--" -- Ephesians 2:8
So they don't buy your "belief due to logic" ignorance.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(November 26, 2018 at 10:05 pm)CDF47 Wrote: DNA

I'm going back to work tomorrow so you will have to fill the gap if you're up to it with these super fun dudes and dudettes (at least if you are interested in getting this to 1000 pages like they are) I will only be able to be on for a few minutes a day now. It was very nice chatting with you though. Thank you for the great thread. May God always bless you abundantly.

(November 27, 2018 at 1:20 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote: Fact: The oldest pig in the world lived to the age of 68.
LOL Now that is an old pig.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1352 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7505 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7462 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3887 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2201 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1472 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5054 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey