Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 1:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(January 12, 2019 at 11:04 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Right, just like the giraffe stretched its neck to reach the leaves? Razz
And please elucidate the route of the vagus nerve in giraffes and why your deity of choice thought it would be a good idea.

(January 12, 2019 at 11:04 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Crazy bats too, always dropping their eyeballs. Hilarious 
WT actual F?

(January 12, 2019 at 11:04 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Why would entropy do the opposite?   I would suggest it should go back and forth or cycle.
Wow. You actually have no clue what entropy is yet claim to know exactly what it is.

It's comedy gold. These are my claims. But pay attention because tomorrow they will be completely different.
(January 12, 2019 at 11:18 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: I’m pretty sure CDF is a bot at this point.

After the first few rounds, what would still be left in the canon of idiot creationist apologetics that would let the afflicted to not act like bots?
(January 12, 2019 at 11:29 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(January 12, 2019 at 11:04 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Right, just like the giraffe stretched its neck to reach the leaves? Razz
And please elucidate the route of the vagus nerve in giraffes and why your deity of choice thought it would be a good idea.

(January 12, 2019 at 11:04 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Crazy bats too, always dropping their eyeballs. Hilarious 
WT actual F?

(January 12, 2019 at 11:04 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Why would entropy do the opposite?   I would suggest it should go back and forth or cycle.
Wow. You actually have no clue what entropy is yet claim to know exactly what it is.

It's comedy gold. These are my claims. But pay attention because tomorrow they will be completely different.

I wouldn't call myself an "expert" on entropy.  Maybe an 7/8 on a scale on 1-10.

As far as entropy goes, it should be looked at from the standpoint of multiple systems.  For example, a carnot cycle applies entropy, but in a manner that is two-fold.  So singularly, you have entropy in both systems, but when they work together, you have a a highly efficient system.

[Image: carnot-cycle-entropy-d-s-0-n.jpg][Image: Carnot-cycle-Ts-Diagram-min.png]
(January 12, 2019 at 4:47 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote:
(January 12, 2019 at 4:39 pm)CDF47 Wrote: His throne is there but He resides here as well.

God is everywhere.

What? Your deity has a throne.. outside of time?

What's it made of?

Why does your diety need it?

What's it do?

What's it for?

How does your diety use such a thing that's 13 odd billion years away?

So.. if your deity is 'Everywhere'.... ?

How does it function across the distances of time/space?

How does one part of it at Alpha Centaury interact/communicate with the bits that are 'here'?

His throne is to rule over the angels and this universe and all creation.  

This universe could be the size of a pea compared to the Lord.  He knows and sees everything, like a PC could be programmed to know and track stats on it's systems.

(January 12, 2019 at 5:28 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:
Quote:Things are either designed or not.  Either a Creator created them or it's a random event.  Natural processes are just that.  Un-directed processes.

Actually that is totally false.
Is the flow of electrical current undirected ?

YOU referenced an "order of magnitude". Either tell us what (all) the orders of magnitude are, or stop lying.

Respond to the Dr. Kaku article I previously posted that was ignored by all.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
(January 13, 2019 at 1:51 am)CDF47 Wrote: His throne is to rule over the angels and this universe and all creation.  

This universe could be the size of a pea compared to the Lord.  He knows and sees everything, like a PC could be programmed to know and track stats on it's systems.

Oh not the 'Computer program' thing again.

*Sigh*

Nothing but running in circles with CDF47. Sad
(January 12, 2019 at 3:25 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote:
(January 12, 2019 at 2:06 pm)CDF47 Wrote: Exactly, there is no infinite regress problem with a supreme being outside the boundaries of this universe.

Now, y'see, this is where I have a question or two.

Now... if there is some diety "... Outside the boundaries of this universe.. " then that puts said critter something like 13 odd billion years away from us.

Y'now, the whole  'Outside what we can see/Outside space and time' thing?

So... if said deity is all the way over/back there... How then exactly does it interact with things here and now?

Not at work.
If something can exist outside the boundaries of the universe then that thing does not have to be intelligent it could be a natural thing that could have caused the universe perfectly naturally.

(January 12, 2019 at 8:55 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Hi there and happy weekend. Smile

If intelligence requires a regression of super intelligence, then I guess that kills the idea of a primordial soup that assumes non-intelligence to intelligence.  If not, how would it have developed intelligence?  It would've needed a superior source.

Intelligence is not required to develop intelligence it was YOUR logic that stated that it did.
What intelligence requires is evolution. It requires interaction and competition, it requires failure of unsuccessful techniques

Even with our programmed AIs we build their intelligence by training and interactions.

So this precludes the possibility of a single superintelligent agency in where ever you picture this thing living.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Quote:Why would entropy do the opposite?   I would suggest it should go back and forth or cycle.

Impressive - you've managed to be ignorant and incoherent at the same time.  Entropy doesn't 'do' anything - it's a quantity, not an active force.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 12, 2019 at 8:55 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote:
(January 12, 2019 at 7:27 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Isn't it obvious?
If you posit that intelligence requires some super intelligence prior to it, then that super intelligence also requires some super-super intelligence prior to it... and then a super-super-super intelligence... and so on and so forth.

If A is self-sufficient, then how is standard human intelligence not self-sufficient?

Hi there and happy weekend. Smile

Thank you!
A happy and relaxing weekend for you too!

(January 12, 2019 at 8:55 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: If intelligence requires a regression of super intelligence, then I guess that kills the idea of a primordial soup that assumes non-intelligence to intelligence.  If not, how would it have developed intelligence?  It would've needed a superior source.

Did you miss the fact that I was in the IF clause that contained a super-intelligence generating our intelligence?
This IF clause automatically assumed that this primordial soup was not the cause for intelligence, doesn't it?

But, in the primordial soup scenario, intelligence would be a product of evolution. It is possible to find degrees of intelligence in other animals, from dolphins to dogs, to crows, to cats... We humans just happen to be seemingly the top intelligent beings on this planet.

(January 12, 2019 at 8:55 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Anyway...

It was sufficient, but corrupted.  Kinda like a computer program getting a virus.  The program may have been fine, but when a virus alters its function, it can become dysfunctional.  In other words, man made a choice to alter that sufficiency.

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Of course I think you know what happens next.  They did it anyway.

It was sufficient based on a direct relationship with God.

Yes, I get it... according to the belief, human intelligence can't be self-sufficient.
My question was, how is human intelligence not self-sufficient?
(January 13, 2019 at 6:19 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(January 12, 2019 at 3:25 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote:  Now, y'see, this is where I have a question or two.

Now... if there is some diety "... Outside the boundaries of this universe.. " then that puts said critter something like 13 odd billion years away from us.

Y'now, the whole  'Outside what we can see/Outside space and time' thing?

So... if said deity is all the way over/back there... How then exactly does it interact with things here and now?

Not at work.
If something can exist outside the boundaries of the universe then that thing does not have to be intelligent it could be a natural thing that could have caused the universe perfectly naturally.

(January 12, 2019 at 8:55 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Hi there and happy weekend. Smile

If intelligence requires a regression of super intelligence, then I guess that kills the idea of a primordial soup that assumes non-intelligence to intelligence.  If not, how would it have developed intelligence?  It would've needed a superior source.

Intelligence is not required to develop intelligence it was YOUR logic that stated that it did.
What intelligence requires is evolution. It requires interaction and competition, it requires failure of unsuccessful techniques

Even with our programmed AIs we build their intelligence by training and interactions.

So this precludes the possibility of a single superintelligent agency in where ever you picture this thing living.

Yep, because we all know computers make themselves.

The calculators on the shelves in Walmart must've evolved there.  No need for intelligent humans to make an intelligent device.  They'll just appear on their own.

Hey look, over there, a rock.  I bet 5 billion years from now it will be a super rock capable of...uummmm....being a rock!

Can you show me (not hypothesize) one thing going from non-intelligent to having some level of intelligence, without intelligent input from an intelligent source?

(January 13, 2019 at 9:12 am)pocaracas Wrote:

Thank you!

(January 12, 2019 at 8:55 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: If intelligence requires a regression of super intelligence, then I guess that kills the idea of a primordial soup that assumes non-intelligence to intelligence.  If not, how would it have developed intelligence?  It would've needed a superior source.

Did you miss the fact that I was in the IF clause that contained a super-intelligence generating our intelligence?
This IF clause automatically assumed that this primordial soup was not the cause for intelligence, doesn't it?

But, in the primordial soup scenario, intelligence would be a product of evolution. It is possible to find degrees of intelligence in other animals, from dolphins to dogs, to crows, to cats... We humans just happen to be seemingly the top intelligent beings on this planet.

(January 12, 2019 at 8:55 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Anyway...

It was sufficient, but corrupted.  Kinda like a computer program getting a virus.  The program may have been fine, but when a virus alters its function, it can become dysfunctional.  In other words, man made a choice to alter that sufficiency.

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Of course I think you know what happens next.  They did it anyway.

It was sufficient based on a direct relationship with God.

Yes, I get it... according to the belief, human intelligence can't be self-sufficient.

If you can insist necessity in my beliefs, then why can't I insist the same necessity in your beliefs?  I assumed the same thing.  There would be a necessary regress of greater intelligence.  If you insist that is true based on your observations, then why wouldn't it be true as well for the "primordial soup?"

(January 13, 2019 at 7:41 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote:Why would entropy do the opposite?   I would suggest it should go back and forth or cycle.

Impressive - you've managed to be ignorant and incoherent at the same time.  Entropy doesn't 'do' anything - it's a quantity, not an active force.

Boru

You limit your thinking, which is why your conclusions are weak.   We were discussing "function" not defining entropy.  Tis why I gave the Carnot Cycle as an example, because it demonstrates "function" but considers entropy two-fold within its system.

If you don't understand what we're talking about and in what context, why make stupid remarks?  Seriously, pull your head out of your behind and think rather than jump the gun.
(January 13, 2019 at 3:47 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote:
(January 13, 2019 at 9:12 am)pocaracas Wrote: Thank you!

If you can insist necessity in my beliefs, then why can't I insist the same necessity in your beliefs?  I assumed the same thing.  There would be a necessary regress of greater intelligence.  If you insist that is true based on your observations, then why wouldn't it be true as well for the "primordial soup?"

Huh?!

No...look...
You claimed that our intelligence requires some super intelligence to create it, right? Or did I understand it wrongly?

If that is right, then one can say that Intelligence with capacity X (human) requires an Intelligence with capacity Y (with Y greater than X) to be created.
But can the same not be said of Intelligence with capacity Y? That it requires an intelligence of capacity Z (with Z greater than Y) for it to be created?
And another of capacity W (W > Z) for the previous to be created?
And so on and so on, and so on...

Did I misunderstand your point of view?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7461 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3885 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5050 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey