Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 8:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(April 14, 2019 at 10:21 am)CDF47 Wrote: The universe has approximately 30 or so constants that are fine-tuned to an unimaginable extent.  I posted a lot about this in this thread so you may want to reference those previous discussions for the constants that are fine-tuned,...  There is more information throughout this thread on it.

Why is it your god is so inept and powerless that he can only make life happen in a "fine tuned" environment in which it could have happened anyway ? 
Fine tuning is actually not an argument for a god. It's an argument AGAINST a designer god.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
Do balls roll downhill because that's what they do, or because god is Finely Pushing every single one.  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 14, 2019 at 9:20 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(April 14, 2019 at 10:21 am)CDF47 Wrote: The universe has approximately 30 or so constants that are fine-tuned to an unimaginable extent.  I posted a lot about this in this thread so you may want to reference those previous discussions for the constants that are fine-tuned,...  There is more information throughout this thread on it.

Why is it your god is so inept and powerless that he can only make life happen in a "fine tuned" environment in which it could have happened anyway ? 
Fine tuning is actually not an argument for a god. It's an argument AGAINST a designer god.
And because he can't imagine something I can't happen
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(April 14, 2019 at 11:17 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Do balls roll downhill because that's what they do, or because god is Finely Pushing every single one.  Wink

They must roll down hill because they do. God would never play with balls, it's one of his rules.
(April 15, 2019 at 4:17 am)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote:
(April 14, 2019 at 11:17 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Do balls roll downhill because that's what they do, or because god is Finely Pushing every single one.  Wink

They must roll down hill because they do. God would never play with balls, it's one of his rules.

The babble is full of balls.
I don't know whether I need a bottle in front of me or a frontal lobotomy. Diablo
(April 12, 2019 at 9:55 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(April 12, 2019 at 9:12 pm)CDF47 Wrote:

You didn't debunk anything.

Exactly, ... as I said, YOU YOURSELF did it for us, 
AND you are too inept and too unprepared to even begin to answer the points made.

Quote:The Lord died for our sins.

Dying for sins was NEVER the role of the Jewish messiah.
IF he really was a god,
a. he didn't actually die,
b. being omniscient, he already knew he wouldn't "stay dead"....
so your pile of incomprehensible rubbish makes no sense to anyone.

Find a new hobby ... you're no good at this one.

Jesus' sacrifice was foreshadowed in the temple sacrifices.  He was the spotless lamb that died for the sins of the world.

(April 13, 2019 at 5:15 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(April 12, 2019 at 9:12 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(April 12, 2019 at 5:50 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: I think the main problem you have is that DNA is explainable without a designer and in fact adding a designer to the idea just means that you have to explain the designer. So lets start with that.

Tell me HOW the designer did the designing and implemented its design in your view. This would go in some way to letting us know what the actual fuck it is. So what was its process in your view?
Where did it get the stuff do you think?
(April 12, 2019 at 9:12 pm)CDF47 Wrote: I not science has all the answers for all that yet.

So you can tell me all I asked for then!

I am all ears.

So to reiterate you can tell me HOW god did the designing.

Where it got all the stuff from.

And of course you can prove all this scientifically.

Go on then show me.
Science shows how much of it was done with the Big Bang.  This is just a spot out of eternity that the Lord created.

(April 13, 2019 at 7:10 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(April 12, 2019 at 9:12 pm)CDF47 Wrote: <snip BS responses>

You asked for an example of your lies and I provided one. Why are you dodging? Not being dishonest again, are you?

Of course you are. You know no other way, do you?

What are you talking about?  What lie did you point out?

(April 14, 2019 at 10:43 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: -and if the universe were otherwise you wouldn't be here to marvel at how "finely tuned" it must have been, so that the hole is perfectly shaped for the puddle of water.

Do you know what would be a compelling bit of evidence for some tinker god, rather than the argument against one you so blithely stumbled into above?  If the universe wasn't amenable to life, and yet here we found ourselves, standing on the surface of a neutron star exactly as we are today, somehow inexplicably breathing and persisting despite the impossibility of the circumstance and inadequacy of our biology.

That is what is happening.

(April 14, 2019 at 12:54 pm)possibletarian Wrote:
(April 14, 2019 at 10:21 am)CDF47 Wrote: He sacrificed His own life for the sins of others.  He lived a completely righteous life but took on the sins of those that would believe in Him.  The temple sacrifices were just a foreshadow of things to come in the Messiah Jesus.

That's just the point, unless god died (ceased to live)  he didn't sacrifice anything but a discard-able shell of flesh and didn't die in any meaningful way.

Quote:The universe has approximately 30 or so constants that are fine-tuned to an unimaginable extent.  I posted a lot about this in this thread so you may want to reference those previous discussions for the constants that are fine-tuned,...  There is more information throughout this thread on it.

Yes you keep repeating the same thing. No one is arguing that the universe is as it is, and that the universe as it is allowed life as we know it to form. The problem we have is that we have no way of knowing if life of some form (maybe even more intelligent) couldn't exist with different parameters.  The truth is neither you nor I could know that, what other universes are you comparing it with ?  How do you know it's constant even through the Cosmos ?

Life as we know it has only been in this universe for a fraction of its existence, 99.9 of the universe is hostile to life,  and the same universe will cease to support life, in fact it will destroy it, and will continue without us, hardly fine tuned.  We will simply be a blip in the passing of time.

What we are concerned with is you arbitrarily adding a deity.

I didn't add a deity.  God is a reality.  A Creator is obvious in this impossible universe.

(April 14, 2019 at 2:08 pm)Amarok Wrote:
Quote:He sacrificed His own life for the sins of others.  He lived a completely righteous life but took on the sins of those that would believe in Him.  The temple sacrifices were just a foreshadow of things to come in the Messiah Jesus.
All irrelevant as he didn't stay dead forever 

Quote:The universe has approximately 30 or so constants that are fine-tuned to an unimaginable extent.  I posted a lot about this in this thread so you may want to reference those previous discussions for the constants that are fine-tuned,...  There is more information throughout this thread on it.

Fine tuning makes no sense in theistic universe but it makes perfect sense in a atheistic one .

Fine-tuning is expected with a Designer.

(April 14, 2019 at 6:52 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(April 14, 2019 at 10:21 am)CDF47 Wrote: He sacrificed His own life for the sins of others.

So the "living jesus" is a lie because he is dead. Or is the sacrifice a lie because he is alive. Pick one.

(April 14, 2019 at 10:21 am)CDF47 Wrote: He lived a completely righteous life
No he didn't.

(April 14, 2019 at 10:21 am)CDF47 Wrote: but took on the sins of those that would believe in Him.
Great. I don't believe in him so my sins are mine alone. I bear sole responsibility for them. You, on the other hand, believe you can escape your responsibility for your acts and deeds simply by saying "I love you jebus". That is fundamentally immoral.

(April 14, 2019 at 10:21 am)CDF47 Wrote: The temple sacrifices were just a foreshadow of things to come in the Messiah Jesus.
Really? then why has fuck all happened since? Why did jebus not rock up again in the lifetime of the apostles as he promised? Why is jebus all promise and no delivery?

(April 14, 2019 at 10:21 am)CDF47 Wrote: The universe has approximately 30 or so constants that are fine-tuned to an unimaginable extent.
Lie. I can imagine it.  

(April 14, 2019 at 10:21 am)CDF47 Wrote: I posted a lot about this in this thread so you may want to reference those previous discussions for the constants that are fine-tuned,...  There is more information throughout this thread on it.
No you spammed this thread with garbage and provided not an iota of actual evidence, and if you think the universe is fine tuned, why exactly is the vast majority of it tuned to kill us outright?

Because we are intended to live and die, that is why it is such a harsh universe.

It is following downhill based on gravity as God set the parameters for the universe.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
Quote:Fine-tuning is expected with a Designer.
No it's not it total contradicts the idea of GOD being a designer . But even if it's not god it still makes no sense . Fine tuning only makes sense in an atheistic universe .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

At work.

Coffee

So... same old same from yourself CDF47?

Keep on spinning those 'Assertion' wheels there, mate.
Quote: Jesus' sacrifice was foreshadowed in the temple sacrifices.  He was the spotless lamb that died for the sins of the world.
Doesn't refute a single objection . His sacrifice wasn't a real one and it meant nothing .

Quote: Because we are intended to live and die, that is why it is such a harsh universe.
Ad hoc excuse making and proof your god if he exists is evil

Quote:I didn't add a deity.  God is a reality.  A Creator is obvious in this impossible universe.
Yes you did . No proof ,It's not obvious and this universe is anything but impossible your opinions don't change that .

Quote:That is what is happening.
Assertion

Quote:Science shows how much of it was done with the Big Bang.  This is just a spot out of eternity that the Lord created.
science concludes no such thing

Quote:What are you talking about?  What lie did you point out?
You have been shown lying over and over you simply will never acknowledge it

Inuit Proverb

(April 15, 2019 at 9:37 pm)Amarok Wrote:
Quote: Jesus' sacrifice was foreshadowed in the temple sacrifices.  He was the spotless lamb that died for the sins of the world.
Doesn't refute a single objection . His sacrifice wasn't a real one and it meant nothing .

Quote: Because we are intended to live and die, that is why it is such a harsh universe.
Ad hoc excuse making and proof your god if he exists is evil

Quote:I didn't add a deity.  God is a reality.  A Creator is obvious in this impossible universe.
Yes you did . No proof ,It's not obvious and this universe is anything but impossible your opinions don't change that .

Quote:That is what is happening.
Assertion

Quote:Science shows how much of it was done with the Big Bang.  This is just a spot out of eternity that the Lord created.
science concludes no such thing

Quote:What are you talking about?  What lie did you point out?
https://atheistforums.org/editpost.php?pid=1900897
You have been shown lying over and over you simply will never acknowledge it

Show me where I lied.  No one has been able to do that because I haven't; just more bogus accusations.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7460 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3884 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5049 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey