Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 6:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In support of the rage of man
RE: In support of the rage of man
(April 3, 2019 at 6:09 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Same thing you are bud.  All those people making terrible mistakes with sexy morons and fucking up their entire lives and wasting their parents investment.

Whole lot easier to call them Chads.  You're complaining about Chads and the Stacys who love them.  You pick up the lingo when you cross the alt light threshold, after you've been sufficiently -whatever color is trendy- pilled and they reckon they may as well go full money shot.  

So I guess you have that to look forward to.

I'm not familiar with those terms.  You seem to be directing them negatively toward me-- I know that "mansplaining" is derogatory.  But I sincerely don't understand what point you're trying to make.

My point was that the emotion of love is likely to cause people to make poor decisions, because that emotion often involves a loss of self-control-- my general thesis is that ALL emotional motivations, if they get out of hand, are likely to be deleterious-- but that very few people will attempt to seek help for those problems.

That's my response to LFC's question about why people don't seek help. Everyone needs help, because we're all imperfectly in control of our instinctive motivations-- but few see that or if they see it, they prefer to make addressing it part of their path in life instead of going to others for advice.
(April 3, 2019 at 6:56 pm)bennyboy Wrote: I'm not familiar with those terms.  You seem to be directing them negatively toward me-- I know that "mansplaining" is derogatory.  But I sincerely don't understand what point you're trying to make.

He's bizarrely manipulating your words to force them into a different discussion, that was big on the Internet last year. The Chad and Stacey thing comes from so-called "Incels" -- involuntary celibates -- who think of themselves as genuine good guys in world where girls only go for shallow handsome boys. 

This has nothing at all to do with what you've been talking about. 

Quote:My point was that the emotion of love is likely to cause people to make poor decisions, because that emotion often involves a loss of self-control-- my general thesis is that ALL emotional motivations, if they get out of hand, are likely to be deleterious-- but that very few people will attempt to seek help for those problems.

It all kind of gets judged ex post facto. I mean, if your emotional decision-making works out OK, then it's not seen as a problem. But rational un-emotional decision-making can also go bad. And since life isn't mostly about rationality anyway, how we decide that the emotional aspect has gone too far is just... was I lucky or not?

Quote:All Bibles or sacred codes. have been the causes of the following Errors.

1. That Man has two real existing principles Viz: a Body & a Soul.
2. That Energy. calld Evil. is alone from the Body. & that Reason. calld Good. is alone from the Soul.
3. That God will torment Man in Eternity for following his Energies.

But the following Contraries to these are True

1 Man has no Body distinct from his Soul for that calld Body is a portion of Soul discernd by the five Senses, the chief inlets of Soul in this age
2 Energy is the only life and is from the Body and Reason is the bound or outward circumference of Energy.
3 Energy is Eternal Delight

Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained; and the restrainer or reason usurps its place & governs the unwilling.
And being restraind it by degrees becomes passive till it is only the shadow of desire.

-- William Blake
(April 3, 2019 at 6:56 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(April 3, 2019 at 6:09 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Same thing you are bud.  All those people making terrible mistakes with sexy morons and fucking up their entire lives and wasting their parents investment.

Whole lot easier to call them Chads.  You're complaining about Chads and the Stacys who love them.  You pick up the lingo when you cross the alt light threshold, after you've been sufficiently -whatever color is trendy- pilled and they reckon they may as well go full money shot.  

So I guess you have that to look forward to.

I'm not familiar with those terms.  You seem to be directing them negatively toward me-- I know that "mansplaining" is derogatory.  But I sincerely don't understand what point you're trying to make.

My point was that the emotion of love is likely to cause people to make poor decisions, because that emotion often involves a loss of self-control-- my general thesis is that ALL emotional motivations, if they get out of hand, are likely to be deleterious-- but that very few people will attempt to seek help for those problems.

That's my response to LFC's question about why people don't seek help.  Everyone needs help, because we're all imperfectly in control of our instinctive motivations-- but few see that or if they see it, they prefer to make addressing it part of their path in life instead of going to others for advice.
Love causes a lack of self control to the point where the people involved need help?

I don't think you are talking about love.

Still making excuses.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(April 3, 2019 at 9:11 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Love causes a lack of self control to the point where the people involved need help?

Still making excuses.

I'm talking about people being IN love. "Just the tip" is definitely a loss of control, i.e. the subjugation of a rational will by instinct. You see single moms with 4 kids from 4 baby daddies, and they are in stress, they are a burden to the society, and the kids are going to suffer-- probably, suffer even more from a lifetime of neglect than my wife suffered by having a TV broken in her presence, no?

What you don't see is those people going to counseling-- "I keep making babies, and I can't seem to stop myself." That's because at each instance, they probably didn't MEAN to make a baby. They probably would benefit from counseling, no?
Stacys vagina is hyper in so many ways.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 3, 2019 at 9:35 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(April 3, 2019 at 9:11 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Love causes a lack of self control to the point where the people involved need help?

Still making excuses.

I'm talking about people being IN love.  "Just the tip" is definitely a loss of control, i.e. the subjugation of a rational will by instinct.  You see single moms with 4 kids from 4 baby daddies, and they are in stress, they are a burden to the society, and the kids are going to suffer-- probably, suffer even more from a lifetime of neglect than my wife suffered by having a TV broken in her presence, no?

What you don't see is those people going to counseling-- "I keep making babies, and I can't seem to stop myself."  That's because at each instance, they probably didn't MEAN to make a baby.  They probably would benefit from counseling, no?
Nice stereotyping...and more excuses.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(April 3, 2019 at 9:56 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Stacys vagina is hyper in so many ways.

Yeah, but Stacy’s mom has got it goin’ on!
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(April 3, 2019 at 9:58 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Nice stereotyping...and more excuses.

What's the stereotype, exactly? And what's the excuse?

I'm not sure you're making a point so much as stamping your little troll feet.

(April 3, 2019 at 10:17 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(April 3, 2019 at 9:56 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Stacys vagina is hyper in so many ways.

Yeah, but Stacy’s mom has got it goin’ on!

All this talk of vaginas and hot moms is making me lose control!
(April 3, 2019 at 10:17 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Yeah, but Stacy’s mom has got it goin’ on!

: scrambles for his kazoo :

(April 3, 2019 at 10:17 pm)bennyboy Wrote: All this talk of vaginas and hot moms is making me lose control!
My tv is bolted to the wall.  Not today nerd rilla...not today.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 2, 2019 at 6:09 pm)Belaqua Wrote:
(April 2, 2019 at 5:57 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: Blind rage

Nobody's in favor of blind rage

"Blind rage" was hyperbole. The point I was trying to make was that anger urges us to do things without the consent of reason. Sure, things done without reson's consent may be good (or even excellent). Yet, when speaking of moral behaviors, it seems like things done in anger do not apply any kind of rational scrutiny to themselves. So I ask: how can they be moral? Or at the very least I ask: is it any different if a deed done in anger were (rather) done out of rational necessity? Think about it. Is anger even necessary? Cannot logic compel one to do the selfsame good deeds that anger might compel one to do?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My new support for hedonism Transcended Dimensions 28 3307 March 17, 2018 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  The place of rage and hate Lemonvariable72 45 8027 November 20, 2014 at 12:25 am
Last Post: Surgenator
  Support of a claim pshun2404 13 4354 August 18, 2013 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: FallentoReason
  Atheism and Life Support Freedom 12 3659 January 4, 2012 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Rage and Outrage Edwardo Piet 29 11079 January 8, 2011 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet