Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 12:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Best Logique Evidence of God Existence
RE: The Best Logique Evidence of God Existence
(July 18, 2019 at 7:04 am)polymath257 Wrote:
(July 18, 2019 at 5:12 am)Bucky Ball Wrote: Great then how about you tell us what does.

Quantum particles

(July 18, 2019 at 12:26 am)Anomalocaris Wrote: Does a scalar quantity of zero denotes existence?

That depends. For example, a particle can have zero charge and still exist. It can have zero spin and still exist. The total energy of the universe is thought to be zero and yet the universe exists.

A particle of zero charge may exist, but the charge does not.

The universe may exist with zero energy, but the energy does not exist on a level above local perturbation.
(July 18, 2019 at 7:04 am)polymath257 Wrote:
(July 18, 2019 at 5:12 am)Bucky Ball Wrote: Great then how about you tell us what does.

Quantum particles

(July 18, 2019 at 12:26 am)Anomalocaris Wrote: Does a scalar quantity of zero denotes existence?

That depends. For example, a particle can have zero charge and still exist. It can have zero spin and still exist. The total energy of the universe is thought to be zero and yet the universe exists.

is net energy being zero different than zero energy?
anti-logical Fallacies of Ambiguity
My net earnings are sure as shit different than my gross. Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 18, 2019 at 8:20 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: My net earnings are sure as shit different than my gross.  Wink

The question is can you make use in some way of the difference between your gross and your net income, and have the effects of that use (other than criminal prosecution) last beyond when you have to hand the difference back.  Financially that is often possible, either legally or in ways you can get away with.

But it appears in the real world, that is not possible.   There is nothing you can do with the difference between gross and net energy that will last beyond when you have to hand the difference back.   And there is nothing you can do to forestall the day of reckoning when you have to hand it back.

The only things that look sure in life are death and taxes.  But they are not very sure when compared to conservation of energy.
I don’t know if that actually is the question. Whether or not I can make use of something isn’t interchangeable with whether or not it exists, no more so than my gross being canceled into my net means that either sum doesn’t exist, or that acids and bases in some sense cancel each other means that either of them don’t exist.

Plenty of things that exist are canceled out in accounting and in nature.

The idea of the net energy of the universe being zero seems to follow that pattern, and doesn’t really speak to the existence of energy anymore than the other examples speak to existence.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The subtext of question is can things that net out to zero make a lasting impression. It appears in the case of energy, it can’t.
The energy I use to cook my food “nets out to zero”. Even at room temp, the goose is still cooked.
(July 18, 2019 at 7:41 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: The energy I use to cook my food “nets out to zero”.  Even at room temp, the goose is still cooked.

It doesn’t net out to zero.  The goose is cooked because some of the energy you used to cook the goose is retained in the cooked goose as chemical and physical changes to the goose.
Just as, the net energy of the universe being zero....there are still rocks and whatnot floating around here?

We could do this all day, but I think you went down the rabbit hole with that particular question, is all. Does energy exist? Yes.

Just a simple yes, lol.
Because the effect of net energy of the universe being zero takes a long time to play out. The metaphorical rocks will not outlast that timeframe.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2569 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3434 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1742 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 4935 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 8318 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2941 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Do atheists believe in the existence of friendship? KerimF 191 10616 June 9, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  What is the worst religion in existence? Hi600 89 6518 May 6, 2023 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheism and the existence of peanut butter R00tKiT 721 52084 November 15, 2022 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Why the resurrection accounts are not evidence LinuxGal 5 1067 October 29, 2022 at 2:01 pm