Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Time to embrace Islam!
RE: Time to embrace Islam!
Quote:You should consider weither it's true though, because if it is, there's no running away from an afterlife.

Have you considered whether all other religions are true?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Anybody who thinks that a book is evidence of life after death [a] Has very low standards of evidence [b] Is so terrible at logical thinking that they will consider total non-sequiturs to be examples of valid logic.

Or [c] They're simply blind to the logical due to being overemotional or overly focused on what they wish was true/afraid could be true.
(December 1, 2019 at 8:19 am)Klorophyll Wrote:
(December 1, 2019 at 7:05 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: Translating the Arabic text so people can understand:

The original text is the english one ...

(December 1, 2019 at 7:05 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: Anyways; this is one text from Islamic books; right?

No.
I see..But practice is very good especially when it comes to translation.
Quote:Yes, something is wrong

Okay..so you admit it

Quote:nobody said "forging hadith was common" expect yourself

The author said:

Quote:"...and the fabrication of traditions was familiar and at times very tolerate, "

Get out and stop wasting my time; troll.
Quote:The very meaning of the word Islam is complete submission to the will of God, which means putting religion ahead of everything else.
Sorry, i wont completely submit to anyone, particularly not to someone who is unable or unwilling to show his face to me. Call me a simpleton if you wish.

Quote:What one truly gets is a satisfactory answer to the big questions
I prefer correct answers to the questions of life, thanks.

Quote:, and some sort of ultimate purpose to be pursued
Thanks, but i am completely able to give my life purpose myself. Of course i understand that people lacking in this department would like to shift that burden to someone else, but again, for me only to someone who is able or willing to show his face to me. This stuff is too serious for me to just take it at face value from ignoramuses like you and your *incredibly well written holy book*

Quote:for the promise of heavenly afterlife.
So ill get afterlife only for submitting to someone who doesnt show up? Sounds like a scam to me. Is it eternal by the way? I hate to be bored, thats why i am asking.

Quote: Everything else is regarded as means for the purpose. As a result, various aspects of life are rethought in Islam.
Sure, sure....
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(December 1, 2019 at 8:19 am)Klorophyll Wrote:
(December 1, 2019 at 8:11 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Then Islam isn't for me, as I have absolutely no interest in an afterlife.

Boru

You should consider weither it's true though, because if it is, there's no running away from an afterlife.

Very true, However, because you're following a false prophet, You'll end up in the great boiling. It's not too late.
Mine in bold

Thoughts and prayers. RAmen
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(December 1, 2019 at 8:11 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote:Congratulations first !

Objectively speaking, Islam doesn't guarantee a fulfilling life in the materialistic way. The very meaning of the word Islam is complete submission to the will of God, which means putting religion ahead of everything else. What one truly gets is a satisfactory answer to the big questions, and some sort of ultimate purpose to be pursued for the promise of heavenly afterlife. Everything else is regarded as means for the purpose. As a result, various aspects of life are rethought in Islam.

Then Islam isn't for me, as I have absolutely no interest in an afterlife.

Boru

Yeah.

Total submission to a celestial dictator through a short life and then for eternity.

No thanks.

And how many imams do you think we’d meet in the burny place?
Dying to live, living to die.
I have to give Muslims this much at least - the tree of Zaqqum is pretty clever. It's a tree with fruit shaped like demons' heads.  Sinners are forced to eat the fruit, which tears their bodies apart. Apparently, the bodies reform, because once you're full of fruit, it burns like hot oil in your tummy.  Pitchforks and brimstone just can't compete with that.

If I've got anything wrong, I'm sure our resident Muslim scholars will correct me.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 1, 2019 at 8:38 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Why do you support a religion that approves of child rape?

Because it doesn't approve it?

(December 1, 2019 at 8:41 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Have you considered whether all other religions are true?

Boru

I don't need to once I know mine is true.

(December 1, 2019 at 8:59 am)ThinkingIsThinking Wrote: Anybody who thinks that a book is evidence of life after death [a] Has very low standards of evidence [b] Is so terrible at logical thinking that they will consider total non-sequiturs to be examples of valid logic.

Or [c] They're simply blind to the logical due to being overemotional or overly focused on what they wish was true/afraid could be true.

Okay, what kind of evidence do you require to believe in God ?
Quote:I don't need to once I know mine is true.

Well, you don't 'know' that Islam is true, you merely believe it to be so.  In this sense, Islam is no different than every other religion - you've all got the equal arrogance of assuming that you and only you are possessors of some mighty, revealed Truth.

I'll take my provisional atheism over your imagined certitude any day of the week.

Boru
(December 1, 2019 at 11:17 am)Deesse23 Wrote: Sorry, i wont completely submit to anyone, particularly not to someone who is unable or unwilling to show his face to me. Call me a simpleton if you wish.
You don't get to choose how truth might be revealed to you. Instead one should get up and look actively for answers, which isn't the case with atheists when dealing with Islam.

(December 1, 2019 at 11:17 am)Deesse23 Wrote: I prefer correct answers to the questions of life, thanks.

What about embracing the most reasonable ones meanwhile instead of pretending there is none ?

(December 1, 2019 at 11:17 am)Deesse23 Wrote: This stuff is too serious for me to just take it at face value from ignoramuses like you and your *incredibly well written holy book*

Too serious for you, But not serious enough to get you to pick the holy book and check how good it is, how sad.

I guess I'm not the only ignoramus in town.

(December 1, 2019 at 11:17 am)Deesse23 Wrote: So ill get afterlife only for submitting to someone who doesnt show up? Sounds like a scam to me. Is it eternal by the way? I hate to be bored, thats why i am asking.

You'll get an (eternal) afterlife either way. It's up to you to determine how comfortable it will be.
And I hope you're not against the idea of submission per se, because a deity who created me deserves worship because of its act of creating me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7876 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5482 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33869 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet