Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 12:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is Seattle the new fort Sumter?
RE: is Seattle the new fort Sumter?
(June 22, 2020 at 8:29 pm)Lek Wrote: If you could think for yourself you might be dangerous.
If you could think at all you might be dangerous
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Show me your study.
(June 22, 2020 at 8:31 pm)Lek Wrote: Show me your study. 
Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(June 22, 2020 at 6:16 pm)Lek Wrote: Oh man!  I forgot about Serpico. Now I'm convinced!

:lol:

You see the point though?

I don't think you're really interested in learning anything contrary to what you think. Otherwise you'd take it upon yourself to understand the perspective of protesters. You'd take it upon yourself to see outside of the narrative you take for granted to be reality. You'd take it upon yourself to read the studies on the "blue wall of silence," of which there have been several to confirm its existence. If you're relying on us to bring these to you, then you don't actually care, and if you don't care then why should I waste my time gathering data for you?
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
There's a positive takeaway to people like Lek.

They deny the existence of reality because they think..that if reality were...well..real..that would be bad.

Hey, maybe that's just me being an optimist though. Let's see. What say you Lek? Do you disagree that the state of affairs invoked by protests movements would be bad, or do you hope that they're wrong about that state of affairs being in effect? If it's the latter, just how right would protest movements have to be? Do they need to get every detail right, or is there some smaller number of details that would, by itself, be untenable? What percentage, and which details?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 23, 2020 at 11:25 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: There's a positive takeaway to people like Lek.  

They deny the existence of reality because they think..that if reality were...well..real..that would be bad.

Hey, maybe that's just me being an optimist though.  Let's see.  What say you Lek?  Do you disagree that the state of affairs invoked by protests movements would be bad, or do you hope that they're wrong about that state of affairs being in effect?  If it's the latter, just how right would protest movements have to be?  Do they need to get every detail right, or is there some smaller number of details that would, by itself, be untenable?  What percentage, and which details?

Lek is a christian so is a master of self delusion.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Doubtful. Like all christians, and indeed christ himself...or so magic book says, he suffers from the long dark night of the soul.

Let's wait to see how much a protest movement has to get right, and which things it has to get right, as he sees it. Delusional people are still people.

Granted, Lek may not actually be a person so much as a green left handed widget...but that's a decision he'll have to make for himself.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I have no problem with protests or protest movements.
Just this one..or...?

Any idea on where you stand with the rest? Both the rest in the sense of protest movements and the rest as in any question posed to you? I ask because I, as a person who's convinced that people are decent and good to their very core, would take your evasiveness as a signal that you are not fully committed to or comfortable with the things you've said in this thread. Even the slightest encouragement from you would reenforce my suspicions of your general character as a human being. Granted, that makes it easy to fool me with a performative response - but even a performative response would be easier for you to achieve than what I've seen so far.
Quote:I have no problem with protests or protest movements.
Bull
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seattle Chief of Police resigns Due Budget Cuts onlinebiker 68 3386 August 13, 2020 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Fatal shooting at Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport (FLL) c172 45 6068 January 6, 2017 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  2 dead, 17 injured in Fort Myers FL club shooting Alex K 10 2639 July 26, 2016 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Way to Go Luthers of Seattle! brewer 1 703 January 20, 2016 at 3:59 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Seattle City Council Approves $15/hour Minimum Wage Jackalope 46 6851 July 16, 2014 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist