Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 11:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Portland - you might get what you deserve.
RE: Hey Portland - you might get what you deserve.
(September 7, 2021 at 1:20 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: From Dec 2020 New Yorker interview..

“I want to make sure we’re going to fight like hell by investing in America first,” said Biden.

Unquote

So Biden ( being white) is a white Nationalist inciting violence......

Hilarious

Yes, he was inciting violence in a journalist by advocating a non-violent response. Does it hurt being as stupid as you are?

What a fucking moron.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
So, talking about fighting to a journalist (who is far less likely to be primed for violent action), and by “fighting” he means investment. And all this comes from information Biker provided himself. Even by his very low standards, this is a lazy bad-faith attempt at trying to own the libs.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(September 7, 2021 at 1:20 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: From Dec 2020 New Yorker interview..

“I want to make sure we’re going to fight like hell by investing in America first,” said Biden.

Unquote

Hilarious

You must understand the differences between the two. 

Btw, this is very close to trolling.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 7, 2021 at 2:12 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Unquote

Hilarious

Boru
I couldn’t even get him to admit he understands the difference between “wealthy beyond the dreams of avarice” and “has just enough money to get by” in a thread about the minimum wage a while back.

(September 7, 2021 at 2:12 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Unquote

Hilarious

Boru

And here I thought you understood humor.

Oh well..

I guess sacred cows really do make the best hamburger.....
And we thought you knew how to use the comment system  Dodgy

Also, last I checked Boru isn't a particularly strong Biden supporter. So this statement hardly applies to him. But keep up your delusions that everyone is partisan and trolling.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(September 7, 2021 at 5:51 am)Helios Wrote: The meaning of the word fight by Trump was unambiguous and intentional. It was about stirring his follower's anger so they would act violently. 

Don't be dense  Dodgy

Nope. I'm not a mind reader. It's not clear at all to me that he was talking about violence.

You're the type that would claim Trump called all Mexicans rapists, or that he called the tiki torchers good people, when he clearly stated that he was not talking about the white supremacists. You're going to believe what you want to believe.

During rallies, Trump did actually call for violence against anti-Trump shit stirrers in the crowd. Trump even said he would pay for their legal bills. This is an example of Trump clearly calling for violence. This is not what he was impeached for though. He was impeached for January 6th.

(September 7, 2021 at 12:16 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 7, 2021 at 3:40 am)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: Free speech. Trump is old and likely doesn't have too many years left on this earth anyhow.

Like all freedoms, that of speech is necessarily limited in the interests of the public good. Just as free speech doesn’t permit you shout ‘Fire!’ in a crowded theatre, it also doesn’t protect you from the consequences of telling a gaggle of ginned-up waterheads to walk to the Capitol Complex and ‘fight like hell’.

Trump’s age has bugger all to do with it.

Boru

I understand that and I don't believe he incited it in a legal sense.

I just gave you like 5 definitions of the word fight that have nothing to do with violence or physicality. Did you miss that post of mine? So what if he added the words "like hell" after that? What does that prove exactly? Nothing, as far as I'm concerned.
Quote:Nope. I'm not a mind reader. It's not clear at all to me that he was talking about violence.
Nope it was clear as day 

Quote:You're the type that would claim Trump called all Mexicans rapists, or that he called the tiki torchers good people, when he clearly stated that he was not talking about the white supremacists. You're going to believe what you want to believe.
You the kind of person who would believe the opposite and he covered his ass in both cases, You're going to believe what you want to believe. I believe I what actually happened  Hehe  

Quote:During rallies, Trump did actually call for violence against anti-Trump shit stirrers in the crowd. Trump even said he would pay for their legal bills. This is an example of Trump clearly calling for violence. This is not what he was impeached for though. He was impeached for January 6th.
Trump called for violence and spread fear that directly leads to Jan 6 and he knew it would. He was rightly impeached end of story. 

Your denials don't change reality  Hehe
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

I'll give IA partial credit on the "Trump didn't call all Mexicans rapists." But only partial credit because the actual context isn't much better. The relevant excerpt from his Presidential Announcement speech:

Donald Trump Wrote:When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

Technically not all Mexicans... just a high enough proportion of Mexican immigrants that he's willing to paint the group as a whole with that one brush. Not that much better, to be honest. Also, looking at it again, it's like he recently rewatched Scarface and decided that the way they portrayed the Mariel Boatlift is representative of how all immigration works.

As for the point about Charlottesville, I'm not even going to give you any of the damn faint praise I gave for the thing about Mexicans. Here's Shaun taking on the controversy regarding Trump's defense of the Torch Rally:

TL;DW: Even the protesters at the Torch Rally were white supremacists. They were just less feral than the rioters at the rally the day after. And here's some pretty comprehensive footage of the torch rally so you can see that Shaun's not just cherry-picking:

It may be a bit sensationalised (at one point, they claim 500 people were there, but later estimates show about half that number at most) but if you can find any of these Trump-approved Fine People on the Pro-Lee Statue side who aren't chanting alt-right slogans, I'd like to find them, because I've tried and found nothing.

(September 7, 2021 at 9:52 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: I'll give IA partial credit on the "Trump didn't call all Mexicans rapists." But only partial credit because the actual context isn't much better. The relevant excerpt from his Presidential Announcement speech:

Donald Trump Wrote:When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

Technically not all Mexicans... just a high enough proportion of Mexican immigrants that he's willing to paint the group as a whole with that one brush. Not that much better, to be honest. Also, looking at it again, it's like he recently rewatched Scarface and decided that the way they portrayed the Mariel Boatlift is representative of how all immigration works.

As for the point about Charlottesville, I'm not even going to give you any of the damn faint praise I gave for the thing about Mexicans. Here's Shaun taking on the controversy regarding Trump's defense of the Torch Rally:

TL;DW: Even the protesters at the Torch Rally were white supremacists. They were just less feral than the rioters at the rally the day after. And here's some pretty comprehensive footage of the torch rally so you can see that Shaun's not just cherry-picking:

It may be a bit sensationalised (at one point, they claim 500 people were there, but later estimates show about half that number at most) but if you can find any of these Trump-approved Fine People on the Pro-Lee Statue side who aren't chanting alt-right slogans, I'd like to find them, because I've tried and found nothing.
The Clear implication of Trump's speech is that Mexico is simply filled with Rapists and Drug Dealers and the good people is clearly an ass saver. But IA will stick to his guns  Hehe
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey Florida people!!!! arewethereyet 22 1723 September 29, 2022 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Portland, Oregon And Dublin Ireland: A Lesson BrianSoddingBoru4 31 1728 July 23, 2020 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Girls Vs. Boys: Brain Differences Might Explain Tech Behaviors EgoDeath 25 1739 September 26, 2019 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Robert Reich: "We might be heading for a crash as bad as 1929" Aegon 10 1074 September 13, 2018 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  I just might have to buy this book. brewer 6 612 September 5, 2018 at 8:08 am
Last Post: John V
  Hey Trumptards - Enjoy Your Sore Assholes Minimalist 60 6931 May 19, 2018 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  I Wonder When The Bar Will Get Low Enough For The Deplorables to Get In? Minimalist 12 1313 May 17, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Hey. Remember This? Minimalist 0 332 April 12, 2018 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  man thinks gay lions learnt it from humans and deserve counselling Aoi Magi 30 2975 November 4, 2017 at 1:00 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Hey, Alabama Minimalist 4 449 October 9, 2017 at 12:05 am
Last Post: vorlon13