Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 3:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily conspiracy
RE: Daily conspiracy
(November 23, 2018 at 8:52 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: What?! There was AlienCon in Baltimore and nobody told me. Arrgghh  You guys ain't for anything. It featured some of the most famous anti-intellectuals in the world, as you can see:

[Image: 3QWCVILg_o.jpg]

https://www.inverse.com/article/50978-al...-childress

Fake Messiah, you can't go to an aliencon. Don't you know they're just fronts for the aliens to gather up all those who are in the know of their presence, and implant them with their brainwashing parasites? Those four men are their sleeper-agents now.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
I just want to walk behind that row of sphincters with one those punches the alien bounty hunters used in "X-files." Green goo everywhere!
The Biggest Junk Science of 2018

Damage done by conspiracists. Here are few:

1. Measles Resurges Globally. Anti-vaxxers have been threatening to bring back measles for a few years now, and now, it seems they finally have. 

2. The World Health Organization Endorses Traditional Chinese Medicine.Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is the largest pseudoscientific medical practice in the world. It is fundamentally based on the notion that vital energy (qi) circulates through bodily channels called meridians, and when this energy is out of balance, disease occurs. Like the four distinct bodily humours of ancient Hippocratic medicine, this energy does not exist and has no bearing on health. 

3. The Trump Administration Still Denies Climate Change

11. Doctor Oz Endorses Astrology.

https://www.realclearscience.com/blog/20..._2018.html
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
According to a 2007 study by the University of Iceland, an estimated 62% of the nation believe that the existence of elves is more than a fairy tale.
http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20181217...of-iceland

Donald Trump’s approval rating among Americans ranges between 40-49%, so...
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
All he tried to do was to make himself rich by selling stupid UFO stories as real and we ridiculed him, we asked for his credentials, we crucified him with facts.

Now he has a new documentary and we still have time to atone for our skepticism and just believe him without a question

So many lies, so little time.
(December 25, 2018 at 7:33 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: So many lies, so little time.

Yeah I also like when these ufologists go against each other. You know like when preachers of different Christian denominations step on each other's turf.

Like Stanton Friedman debunks Bob Lazar

That shows that Stanton is legit!

Did you know that he was the one that revived the Roswell crash? The Army PAO's son had been trying to get someone interested in it for decades.
(December 25, 2018 at 1:52 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: That shows that Stanton is legit!

Did you know that he was the one that revived the Roswell crash? The Army PAO's son had been trying to get someone interested in it for decades.

Actually not very legit. Friedman believes Aztec UFO on page 4 is legit as well as Betty & Barney Hill.

Back in a day that Friedman even bothered Isaac Asimov who had to write a dismissive article about him, here are some highlights:

Quote:For instance, a rather considerable time ago I got something called “UFO Symposium1973,” and in it was an article by Stanton T. Friedman, a gentleman with whom I am not acquainted.

The article contained a section called “Science Fiction Vs. Ufology,” which begins, “Many people are surprised when I point out that two of the most noted science fiction and science writers, Isaac Asimov and Arthur Clarke, are both quite vehement in their antiUFO sentiments.” That Friedman meets people who are “surprised” at this indicates, I suppose, the level of the circles he moves in. After all, why should the fact that Arthur and I are s.f. writers lead people to suppose that we have forfeited our intelligence and must surely believe any mystic cult that seems to have some elements in common with science fiction?

Friedman goes on to quote me and to add his own asides, designed, I presume, to smash me into silence. Thus he quotes me as saying, “The energy requirements for interstellar travel are so great that it is able to me that any creatures piloting their ships across the vast depths of space would do so only in order to play games with us over a period of decades. If they want to make contact, they would make contact; if not, they would save their energy.”

To this, Friedman says, in parentheses, “(What egos we earthlings have! Are we worth contacting?).”

Friedman has obviously quoted me without reading the quote. I said, “If they want to make contact-“ I am perfectly ready to admit that we may not be worth contacting, but in that case “they would save their energy”-and go Away.

Imagine the ego of the Friedmans who believe that perhaps we are not worth contacting but that we are nevertheless so fascinating that somehow the flying saucers keep nosing about our planets by the thousands over a period of decades, like rocketing Dutchmen doomed to circle Earth forever without landing, and condemned, further, to keep displaying themselves to us like male pigeons in heat.

Friedman then quotes a statement of mine that concludes: “I will continue to assume that every reported sighting is either a hoax, a mistake, or something that can be explained in a fashion that does not involve spaceships from the distant stars.”

And Friedman, assuming a jocose familiarity, says, “(How about the nearby ones, Isaac?).”

Alas, Mr. Friedman, even the nearby stars are distant.

Friedman goes on to urge me to write a nonfiction book about flying saucers, saying that “cases like the Betty and Barney Hill case are far more exciting and interesting than any of Asimov’s stories.” Well, perhaps, Mr. Friedman, but they are also much more fictional.
I was being sarcastic.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between religion & conspiracy theory? Fake Messiah 2 1087 February 7, 2021 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The BMI Conspiracy Foxaèr 42 13723 May 5, 2020 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Trying to make conspiracy theories Fake Messiah 20 2974 November 11, 2019 at 7:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hairspray Conspiracy Fake Messiah 5 2449 May 12, 2016 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Conspiracy theories against the Jews. CapnAwesome 20 8335 September 22, 2015 at 12:23 am
Last Post: geckomamasita
  The greatest conspiracy theory ever Laza 47 11767 September 14, 2015 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Conspiracy theories? ignoramus 41 11534 June 24, 2015 at 7:36 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  conspiracy theories DramaQueen 24 6299 September 7, 2014 at 12:21 am
Last Post: DangerousElf
  It's a CONSPIRACY!! LalalaTabby 47 16845 January 16, 2014 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: LalalaTabby
  The dumbest conspiracy theory yet CapnAwesome 17 7543 April 28, 2013 at 6:33 am
Last Post: bladevalant546