Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 1:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Random Humorous Things - A Light-Hearted Thread
RE: Random Humorous Things - A Light-Hearted Thread
Just read this headline:

‘Yellowstone warns visitors not to get mixed up in elk mating season.’

How abysmally stupid do you have to be to need that warning? Honestly, a 1000 lb antlered animal is horny and stressed about it, and people need to be told to stay away?

In other news, shampoo goes on the outside.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 30, 2020 at 9:19 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Just read this headline:

How abysmally stupid do you have to be to need that warning? Honestly, a 1000 lb antlered animal is horny and stressed about it, and people need to be told to stay away?

Boru

There are those who are completely clueless when it comes to the behavior of animals.  These people travel to national parks thinking that seeing a wild animal there will be like looking at one in a zoo.  They've no idea that in their element the animals do what comes naturally and getting in the way of that behavior is often a very poor decision.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(August 30, 2020 at 10:32 am)arewethereyet Wrote:
(August 30, 2020 at 9:19 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Just read this headline:

Boru

There are those who are completely clueless when it comes to the behavior of animals.  These people travel to national parks thinking that seeing a wild animal there will be like looking at one in a zoo.  They've no idea that in their element the animals do what comes naturally and getting in the way of that behavior is often a very poor decision.

Yup, can’t argue that. Just saying it’s a pretty impressive level of stupidity. These are people  who can’t seem to grasp the ‘wild’ part of the term ‘wild animal’.

Boru
I remember a case at a national parks back in the '60s, where a mother thought it would be cute to have a bear in the  picture with her 3 year old daughter. She smeared honey on the kid's hands and walked away to get a picture. By the time she turned around, the bear had finished that "honey-coated hands" treat. Fucking stupid. The ranger said that the mother's concept of nature was from Disney cartoons. Now raise that kid with next to nothing for hands.  Dodgy
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(August 30, 2020 at 10:47 am)Fireball Wrote: I remember a case at a national parks back in the '60s, where a mother thought it would be cute to have a bear in the  picture with her 3 year old daughter. She smeared honey on the kid's hands and walked away to get a picture. By the time she turned around, the bear had finished that "honey-coated hands" treat. Fucking stupid. The ranger said that the mother's concept of nature was from Disney cartoons. Now raise that kid with next to nothing for hands.  Dodgy

"Bambi is a fucking cartoon." - Ted Nugent
There was a girl a couple years younger than I am who exclaimed on the bus on the way to school (high school, mind you), "Oh look! Circus cows!"

How this girl who grew up in a tiny farming town in Iowa thought that a bull mounting a cow was a parlor trick is beyond me.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(August 30, 2020 at 11:01 am)arewethereyet Wrote: There was a girl a couple years younger than I am who exclaimed on the bus on the way to school (high school, mind you), "Oh look!  Circus cows!"

How this girl who grew up in a tiny farming town in Iowa thought that a bull mounting a cow was a parlor trick is beyond me.

I once heard a girl say - "oh look at the cute little baby boy cow".

Facepalm

"Non-binary bovine"?
I wasn’t there when it happened, but a family story is that Da was giving a tour of the farm to the local agent. When they got to the boar pen - despite the large sign reading ‘Keep Well Back’ - the agent reached over the fence to check an ear tag. The rusher twitched his head and opened the palm of the agent’s hand. An inch lower and he’d have lost his hand completely.

And this guy was a professional. Stupid as well.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 30, 2020 at 11:48 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I wasn’t there when it happened, but a family story is that Da was giving a tour of the farm to the local agent. When they got to the boar pen - despite the large sign reading ‘Keep Well Back’ - the agent reached over the fence to check an ear tag. The rusher twitched his head and opened the palm of the agent’s hand. An inch lower and he’d have lost his hand completely.

Boru

One of the things I learned at a very, very young age was that hogs can be very dangerous.  Grandpa used to chase a sow out of the farrowing house so that I, or my cousin and I, could play with a new litter.  The babies would squeal when we picked them up and the mama would be bashing herself on the side of the building and screaming trying to get in.  Even the females are not to be toyed with.

Information 
(August 30, 2020 at 11:59 am)arewethereyet Wrote:
(August 30, 2020 at 11:48 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I wasn’t there when it happened, but a family story is that Da was giving a tour of the farm to the local agent. When they got to the boar pen - despite the large sign reading ‘Keep Well Back’ - the agent reached over the fence to check an ear tag. The rusher twitched his head and opened the palm of the agent’s hand. An inch lower and he’d have lost his hand completely.

Boru

One of the things I learned at a very, very young age was that hogs can be very dangerous.  Grandpa used to chase a sow out of the farrowing house so that I, or my cousin and I, could play with a new litter.  The babies would squeal when we picked them up and the mama would be bashing herself on the side of the building and screaming trying to get in. The females are not to be toyed with - any females - ever.
FTFY
Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just some random thoughts Sigiere 1 657 May 22, 2023 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Random tank chatter robvalue 21 3342 April 1, 2016 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  The "You really mustn't derail this thread" thread. Edwardo Piet 69 8645 January 19, 2016 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The "You really must derail this thread" thread. Marsellus Wallace 20 4064 January 19, 2016 at 7:15 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Random revolutionary ideas HorribleOffensiveScouser91 3 2733 November 26, 2012 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: jonb
  WTF Photos (Humorous Edition) thesummerqueen 16 7062 October 26, 2012 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Faith No More