Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 9:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
I've made a new video against low-carb diets
RE: I've made a new video against low-carb diets
(April 27, 2022 at 4:23 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Recipes are starting points - springboards, if you will - from which to launch your own creativity. For a lethal version, I would suggest substituting the chopped tomato with shards of glass that have been dipped in curare.

Boru

Curare is for when you want to be subtle when you kill people.

For shards of glass you want to use arsenic.
Dying to live, living to die.
(April 27, 2022 at 4:58 am)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(April 27, 2022 at 4:23 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Recipes are starting points - springboards, if you will - from which to launch your own creativity. For a lethal version, I would suggest substituting the chopped tomato with shards of glass that have been dipped in curare.

Boru

Curare is for when you want to be subtle when you kill people.

*sigh* Everybody's a fuckin’ critic.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 26, 2022 at 12:41 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Well, Rocky ate eggs and he didn't die

Quote:Chicken eggs are an affordable source of protein and other nutrients. They're also naturally high in cholesterol. But the cholesterol in eggs doesn't seem to raise cholesterol levels the way some other foods, such as those high in trans fats and saturated fats, do.

Although some studies have found a link between eating eggs and heart disease, there could be other reasons for these findings. The foods people typically eat with eggs, such as bacon, sausage and ham, might do more to boost heart disease risk than eggs do. Plus, the way eggs and other foods are cooked — especially if fried in oil or butter — might play more of a role in the increased risk of heart disease than eggs themselves do.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond...q-20058468

Why would bacon, ham and sausage cause heart disease, but coconuts which contain even more saturated fat would not?
(April 27, 2022 at 8:59 am)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(April 26, 2022 at 12:41 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Well, Rocky ate eggs and he didn't die

Why would bacon, ham and sausage cause heart disease, but coconuts which contain even more saturated fat would not?

My guess is that people consume more bacon, ham, and sausage than they consume coconut. Almost no one goes out for breakfast and orders scrambled eggs with a side order of coconut. The CLT (coconut, lettuce and tomato) sandwich is almost heard of. Very few people celebrate Easter with a pineapple-glazed coconut.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 27, 2022 at 8:59 am)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(April 26, 2022 at 12:41 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Well, Rocky ate eggs and he didn't die

Notice the article says “boost heart disease risk,” not “cause heart disease.” And as others have mentioned, how much you are eating on a regular basis matters. Also, ham and bacon are heavy in sodium which also plays a role in the manifestation of cardiovascular disease over time.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(April 27, 2022 at 5:31 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 27, 2022 at 4:58 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: Curare is for when you want to be subtle when you kill people.

*sigh* Everybody's a fuckin’ critic.

Boru

"Expert"
Dying to live, living to die.
In honor of this thread, I am currently enjoying two eggs over medium, a slice of toast, and some bacon.

No coconut though - not a fan.

I like living dangerously.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Ima go eat some coconut!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Never mind!
(April 27, 2022 at 3:12 pm)Fireball Wrote: Ima go eat some coconut!

Well, it’s been nice knowing you. 😛
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ketogenic Diets against Epilepsy FlatAssembler 30 3054 May 20, 2020 at 10:52 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Vaccines: Low trust in vaccination 'a global crisis' zebo-the-fat 20 2150 September 6, 2019 at 8:28 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Diets according to brain biologist from Russia purplepurpose 10 1827 November 15, 2018 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Are there situations where it is better to have a low IQ? Alexmahone 41 6751 July 5, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: brewer
Rainbow What science says about plant-based diets (Vegan) NeotericNinja 68 8678 May 23, 2016 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Submerged/sunken man-made object phobia. Creed of Heresy 14 13766 August 8, 2015 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Longhorn