Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 1:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Thoughts
RE: Random Thoughts
(May 31, 2023 at 3:51 pm)AkiraTheViking Wrote: Was fandoms ever toxic or did it become this way becuase of the internet? One of the reasons why I'm not on most social media is becuase of fans. And while not participating with the mob does leave you to freely enjoy and analyze the stuff you're into it is also quite alienating.

It’s always had the potential to be toxic (TOS fandom being the clearest example). The ‘net at most just facilitates toxicity.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
There is a place on the Outer Banks called 'Roots&Leaves' that seems to sell donuts, and I have questions.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(June 1, 2023 at 7:16 am)arewethereyet Wrote: There is a place on the Outer Banks called 'Roots&Leaves' that seems to sell donuts, and I have questions.

Yes, there are some all natural ingredients in their donuts.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Every nurse and aide I meet in the work setting declares they never want to be a resident of a nursing home.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Deep Hurting Project-eligible films on Tubi (or Amazon Prime, when noted), June 2023:
  • Alice in Murderland
  • Arachnicide
  • Dylan Dog: Dead of Night
  • Leprechaun: Origins (Amazon Prime) NEXT WEEK
  • The Ripper
And when this is over, maybe I'll just trawl YouTube for uploads of the remaining So Bad It's Horrible films.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I’d like to take this opportunity to wish all homophobes and transphobes a super uncomfortable month.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Apparently someone in the Philippines was watching 'Breaking Bad' on my Netflix account this morning. 'Cause I need more passwords. Sheesh.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(June 1, 2023 at 6:14 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Apparently someone in the Philippines was watching 'Breaking Bad' on my Netflix account this morning.  'Cause I need more passwords.  Sheesh.

My passwords are protected by intermittent amnesia.

Boru
(June 1, 2023 at 6:14 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Apparently someone in the Philippines was watching 'Breaking Bad' on my Netflix account this morning.  'Cause I need more passwords.  Sheesh.

Norton assures me every time they do a check that I have strong encryption on the server. But we've been "quarantined" more than once, when that password was hacked. I remember years ago that one of my neighbors claimed that he could hack WEP encryption in less than half an hour. I then ran Cat6 cables in the attic and all through the house to connect to the router. Hack that, asshole.

I made the mistake of using the same password for a wood working forum that I used for a gmail account, which was then hacked. Pretty embarrassing to get emails from friends on another email account about getting spam.  Argue
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
^^ "If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around."

I have a friend who recently made that mistake with my dachshund, my dachshund was initially accepting of my friend, but then I told my friend my dachshund's name and my friend said the dachshund's name and the dachshund started barking like crazy, my friend needs to shut the fuck up and not think he's so important.
"Imagination, life is your creation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2194 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 1991 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2259 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2195 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 5560 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 2016 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1141 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1193 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 842 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1158 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous