Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 11:43 am

Poll: Do you believe in God?
This poll is closed.
Yes
13.92%
148 13.92%
No
86.08%
915 86.08%
Total 1063 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
RE: Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
Hi there, I used to be an atheist as well, and it wasn't until recently that I started going to church and finding some inspiration in my faith.
(May 2, 2023 at 9:29 am)kimberlyrose Wrote: Hi there, I used to be an atheist as well, and it wasn't until recently that I started going to church and finding some inspiration in my faith.

Welcome kinberlyrose; I hope you like it here. Have you made an introduction thread?

I notice you still have 'atheist' for your religious view, you might want to update that. Why were you an atheist, if you don't mind my asking?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
I used to be 3 inches tall. Then I bought some grow-rite pills from Beanstalk Jack, now I stand at 12 feet 144 inches.
I'm impressed that the "NOs" are at 911.
(May 2, 2023 at 9:29 am)kimberlyrose Wrote: Hi there, I used to be an atheist as well, and it wasn't until recently that I started going to church and finding some inspiration in my faith.

When professional fundagelicals play the "I was once an atheist" card, I put them into the liar column. This practice hasn't steered me wrong yet, especially given every single one of them gets atheism completely wrong.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Great 

Hello, welcome to the forums.

Hope you have a great stay/interaction with us 'No diety' types.

Cheers.

It's interesting how our beliefs can change over time. Speaking of churches, I recently discovered a website that has some really helpful information about finding the right church and connecting with others in the community. If you're interested, you should check out xxx. It's been a great resource for me, and I hope it can be helpful for others as well.

Administrator Notice
Link removed per 30/30 rule.  Also, when your post gets trapped in the spam filter it does no good to post it again.

Hi there! I used to be a theist until I stopped going to church and finding inspiration in learning how the world and universe worked, and in a constant and intellectually honest search for the truth.  Read
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(May 5, 2023 at 9:36 am)kimberlyrose Wrote:

It's interesting how our beliefs can change over time. Speaking of churches, I recently discovered a website that has some really helpful information about finding the right church and connecting with others in the community. If you're interested, you should check out xxx. It's been a great resource for me, and I hope it can be helpful for others as well.

Administrator Notice
Link removed per 30/30 rule.  Also, when your post gets trapped in the spam filter it does no good to post it again.

I'm wondering why you think the community here needs help?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 5, 2023 at 7:05 pm)brewer Wrote:
(May 5, 2023 at 9:36 am)kimberlyrose Wrote: It's interesting how our beliefs can change over time. Speaking of churches, I recently discovered a website that has some really helpful information about finding the right church and connecting with others in the community. If you're interested, you should check out xxx. It's been a great resource for me, and I hope it can be helpful for others as well.

Administrator Notice

I'm wondering why you think the community here needs help?

In fairness, there are a few...though I don't think religion is the help they need.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 5827 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Gallup Poll for 2022 TheJefe817 27 3160 July 2, 2022 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Abortion poll Agnostico 75 7742 June 20, 2022 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 124 35973 June 1, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Standing up to family for what you believe in Tomatoshadow2 30 2457 May 4, 2022 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 8574 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 13934 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 4219 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Poll: 0.0% of Icelanders Under 25 Believe God Created The World blue grey brain 37 6541 January 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  scripture says we atheists believe in god android17ak47 17 3250 October 21, 2018 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Fireball