Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 2:56 pm

Poll: Do you believe in God?
This poll is closed.
Yes
13.92%
148 13.92%
No
86.08%
915 86.08%
Total 1063 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
RE: Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
(March 8, 2013 at 2:32 am)i win you lose.com Wrote: What so now that youguys cant answer a simple question

You just can't ask a decent question.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 8, 2013 at 1:25 am)i win you lose.com Wrote:
(March 7, 2013 at 7:51 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: ^ What's your argument FOR God?

Well i guess i could ask you how the universe started

Of course you can. Believe me, most of us wonder about that too. Of course no one knows exactly but science can make a pretty compelling case for certain features of what is known as the big bang. Beyond that, all is null and void .. at least in our understanding.

Now before you jump in with your magical alternative I should warn you that most of us just consider that a kind of intellectual laziness. You ask the question but then have no stamina for the answer. So you settle for absolute certainty in an answer that leaves everything unexplained. No thanks.
(March 8, 2013 at 12:23 pm)whateverist Wrote:
(March 8, 2013 at 1:25 am)i win you lose.com Wrote: Well i guess i could ask you how the universe started

Of course you can. Believe me, most of us wonder about that too. Of course no one knows exactly but science can make a pretty compelling case for certain features of what is known as the big bang. Beyond that, all is null and void .. at least in our understanding.

Now before you jump in with your magical alternative I should warn you that most of us just consider that a kind of intellectual laziness. You ask the question but then have no stamina for the answer. So you settle for absolute certainty in an answer that leaves everything unexplained. No thanks.

Indeed.

People take the idea of God because it's an easy one. "Why does [x] happen?" "God did it!"

In the words of Gregory House, "The caveman who heard a rustle in the bushes who checked out to see what it was lived longer than the guy who assumed it was just a breeze. The problem is, when we don't find a logical answer we settle for a stupid one. Ritual is what happens when we run out of rational."
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(March 8, 2013 at 12:23 pm)whateverist Wrote:
(March 8, 2013 at 1:25 am)i win you lose.com Wrote: Well i guess i could ask you how the universe started

I will admit that because it is really a metaphysical question there is no real answer but theres nothing wrong with learning by sharing thoughts in a debate.... and yes i will admit that many theists use gods to fill in gaps.. but you you also have to admit that scientists assume answers to questions they dont have an answer for
(March 9, 2013 at 3:36 am)Ape Wrote: I will admit that because it is really a metaphysical question there is no real answer but theres nothing wrong with learning by sharing thoughts in a debate.... and yes i will admit that many theists use gods to fill in gaps.. but you you also have to admit that scientists assume answers to questions they dont have an answer for

Some may. I don't know. But if they do they're not very good scientists, defective actually. Every generally accepted scientific theory represents a consensus on the theory that best fits the available evidence. That doesn't mean anyone is assuming anything.
(March 9, 2013 at 4:53 am)whateverist Wrote:
(March 9, 2013 at 3:36 am)Ape Wrote: I will admit that because it is really a metaphysical question there is no real answer but theres nothing wrong with learning by sharing thoughts in a debate.... and yes i will admit that many theists use gods to fill in gaps.. but you you also have to admit that scientists assume answers to questions they dont have an answer for

Some may. I don't know. But if they do they're not very good scientists, defective actually. Every generally accepted scientific theory represents a consensus on the theory that best fits the available evidence. That doesn't mean anyone is assuming anything.

As far as i was concerned, the famous scientists assume that the big bang is how it happened. If not they would be looking for other possibilities. And to believe in evolution you must assume many things since there is no empirical evidence
(March 9, 2013 at 4:32 pm)Ape Wrote:
(March 9, 2013 at 4:53 am)whateverist Wrote: Some may. I don't know. But if they do they're not very good scientists, defective actually. Every generally accepted scientific theory represents a consensus on the theory that best fits the available evidence. That doesn't mean anyone is assuming anything.

As far as i was concerned, the famous scientists assume that the big bang is how it happened. If not they would be looking for other possibilities. And to believe in evolution you must assume many things since there is no empirical evidence

It seems like we had this discussion yesterday with someone. Oh that's right, it was with you, under the moniker of I win you lose.com. Goodbye.
Ha ha ha So this is what atheists do, every time a christian poses a question youguys can't answer you bann them... I would say that's pretty smart but then I would be lying because I'm just going to keep coming back on with a different username and the same question you "thinking" atheists cant answer... so the cycle continues and the unanswered questions remain... so please kick me off again you thinkers
Why is it important to you that everyone is an atheist?

Aren't you using "chance" in the exact same way in which you accuse christians of using "god of the gaps"
What a dipshit. What sort of pathetic dick insists on crashing a party he's been kicked out of so many times. He should try being less of a dick, make a few friends and then party with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 5828 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Gallup Poll for 2022 TheJefe817 27 3160 July 2, 2022 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Abortion poll Agnostico 75 7744 June 20, 2022 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 124 35975 June 1, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Standing up to family for what you believe in Tomatoshadow2 30 2457 May 4, 2022 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 8574 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 13934 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 4220 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Poll: 0.0% of Icelanders Under 25 Believe God Created The World blue grey brain 37 6541 January 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  scripture says we atheists believe in god android17ak47 17 3250 October 21, 2018 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Fireball