Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 1:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
When, Where, How and Why did you become Atheist?
#85
RE: When, Where, How and Why did you become Atheist?
(October 8, 2015 at 12:52 am)bambi_swag Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 12:50 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: Not "she", he. But I said "they" because I wasn't entirely sure if I was quoting Evie or Dawkins or some other author referencing the claims of Dawkins in that context.
Yes. We have to be on the same page before we both jump to conclusions on each other being liars and lunatics.

Agreed. But if you twist two completely different phrases into a single term which you can then use as a strawman to bash Dawkins, then I suggest that it indicates a deliberate liar.

That's not to say I don't think one should bash Dawkins on his own merits; I frequently and vehemently have disagreed with some of his ideas in the past. But if you do it on the basis of things not said, or by misrepresenting what was said, you are a liar by definition, or you don't read very well. So I asked which it was.

"Lunatic" is an entirely different accusation, and one that I did not make. So... see above.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: When, Where, How and Why did you become Atheist? - by TheRocketSurgeon - October 8, 2015 at 1:15 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did Communists promote Evolution? Nishant Xavier 318 76968 September 7, 2023 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Why did God get such a makeover in the New Testament? Hi600 10 3927 April 1, 2023 at 4:48 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Atheists will worship the Antichrist and become theists during the Tribulation Preacher 53 12149 November 13, 2022 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Are you a better atheist today than you were yesterday? Kitan Etos 17 4335 March 24, 2021 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Question How do you prove to everybody including yourself you're an atheist? Walter99 48 14270 March 23, 2021 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Atheists: Why did female with fat butts and short legs exist? Lambe7 14 5416 July 30, 2020 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Why did I (an atheist) legally change my name to "God"? GodBennett 33 9188 July 17, 2020 at 5:49 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Why did I (an atheist) change my name legally to "God"? GodBennett 0 3551 July 4, 2020 at 10:13 am
Last Post: GodBennett
  Why are you an atheist? Ongietan 26 6920 February 20, 2020 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  [Serious] Why are you an Atheist? maxolla 303 86724 February 15, 2020 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)