Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 10:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rant about weight, fat acceptance, obesity and health
RE: Rant about weight, fat acceptance, obesity and health
(October 30, 2015 at 11:00 am)Losty Wrote: I honestly don't know a lot about this. The meat I buy isn't usually prepackaged. And the guy just writes the name and weight and date on it with a marker after he wraps it the plastic over it. Am I naively fooling myself into believing that the family owned butcher shop I like to frequent is healthier? I honestly don't know.

The only thing to do is ask. Who is his supplier? Is the meat ranched locally? Does he buy from Sysco or US Foods? (If so it's probably shit). But I'd be willing to bet that the local butcher gives you quality meat. You are in the Mid-West, after all.

(October 30, 2015 at 11:00 am)Losty Wrote: The only pop they've had was Sprite (and that's just the older two as Miss P wasn't born yet) and I glared at my mother the entire time they were drinking it. My kids drink a lot of water and I have a juicer and a blender so they get watered down fruit juice and smoothies sometimes. I'm not crazy honestly. I blame the pediatrician office. They have posters of babies with rotted out teeth. It's traumatizing.

I love soda because it was available to me as a kid. There were no rules--my dad loves Cokes, so there was always a 2L on the counter for us to drink from. I ride my bike to the 7/11 and get a 1L of Surge and get white-kid wasted (Milk Chocolate style, of course) any time I had the $1.28 it cost to do so. I am confident that if my parents taught me healthy habits with that kid-crack, I wouldn't be so in love with it today. So kudos to you, Losty-chan.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rant about weight, fat acceptance, obesity and health - by SteelCurtain - October 30, 2015 at 11:08 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Health Supplement no one 0 299 July 24, 2023 at 7:28 am
Last Post: no one
  Nutella is for fat people and kids, right? Foxaèr 12 1035 November 6, 2020 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Health advocates do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission Agnostico 108 7643 June 14, 2020 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Agnostico
  2019 has sucked a fat one so far SteelCurtain 11 1469 February 19, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Self entitled meaningless rant. Brian37 4 762 October 22, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Very low fat recipes purplepurpose 39 2718 August 21, 2018 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Anyone makes mental health jokes... Mystic 61 15026 March 23, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Why should I be ashamed? A rant by a Mexican. J a c k 61 10691 March 20, 2018 at 6:26 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  I've lost more weight Foxaèr 14 1873 February 21, 2018 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What is your weight and waist size? ErGingerbreadMandude 52 7975 November 26, 2017 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude