Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 4:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God?
#64
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God?
(February 5, 2016 at 2:48 am)robvalue Wrote: If God tried to make us so we would believe in him, then guess what? He failed. If it was so damn important to him, he should have given us proper sensory equipment so we could actually detect him and/or stop hiding like a little bitch.

Even then, I'm not looking for things to worship. I'm not looking to be told how to live my life by commandment. I'll happily have a sensible conversation with him. His feeble attempts to communicate so far through ancient texts coupled with contradictory, unconvincing accounts from theists is how a dribbling maniac would communicate. Or perhaps, someone with very little power who makes a last desperate attempt to get someone to notice them. Like a message in a bottle.

Your flat was pre-wired for cable. You still have to subscribe and pay the monthly bill. But the potential for watching cable is there.

God may have pre-wired your brain for faith, but He's not going to trample your free will. You still have to act on that possibility.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by athrock - February 4, 2016 at 10:10 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Chad32 - February 4, 2016 at 10:23 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by brewer - February 4, 2016 at 11:50 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Cato - February 5, 2016 at 1:06 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Cato - February 5, 2016 at 5:26 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Cato - February 5, 2016 at 5:51 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Cato - February 5, 2016 at 6:23 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by athrock - February 5, 2016 at 1:08 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Jackie - February 5, 2016 at 11:11 am
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Cato - February 5, 2016 at 6:03 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Cato - February 5, 2016 at 6:28 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Cato - February 5, 2016 at 5:20 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Cato - February 5, 2016 at 7:23 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Cato - February 5, 2016 at 8:59 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Heat - February 6, 2016 at 11:20 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Heat - February 6, 2016 at 9:53 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Heat - February 6, 2016 at 11:16 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Athene - February 6, 2016 at 10:10 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Jackie - February 10, 2016 at 10:34 am
I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by LadyForCamus - February 10, 2016 at 10:19 am
I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by LadyForCamus - February 10, 2016 at 10:34 am
I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by LadyForCamus - February 10, 2016 at 10:34 am
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Jackie - February 10, 2016 at 10:38 am
I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by LadyForCamus - February 10, 2016 at 10:42 am
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Iroscato - February 10, 2016 at 10:43 am
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Jackie - February 10, 2016 at 1:14 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by Jackie - February 20, 2016 at 4:27 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by comet - February 20, 2016 at 4:04 pm
RE: I’m an atheist. So why can’t I shake God? - by IATIA - February 21, 2016 at 10:37 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists, how can you say there is no God. When... Urani9 30 8450 December 12, 2024 at 11:39 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  An atheist can blaspheme god Interaktive 8 2806 December 30, 2022 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Why did I (an atheist) legally change my name to "God"? GodBennett 33 9188 July 17, 2020 at 5:49 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Why did I (an atheist) change my name legally to "God"? GodBennett 0 3551 July 4, 2020 at 10:13 am
Last Post: GodBennett
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 14482 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Why God is scientifically redefinable (an atheist article snippet) MadaraUchihuh 4 2493 March 10, 2017 at 9:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  You can be an atheist and still follow the ten commandments as guidelines ErGingerbreadMandude 48 19472 January 30, 2017 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why can't Christians Verify Exactly Where Jesus Was Buried? Firefighter01 278 117419 January 19, 2017 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  God can come 2nd to my son..... maestroanth 6 2473 January 1, 2017 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Can I just say why I love you guys? Won2blv 13 4371 December 11, 2016 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Alex K



Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)