Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God can come 2nd to my son.....
I have a custody case this month and if the judge decides what I'm asking for, this is how I feel in the topic line. This would mean I'm a single daddy ultimately. This is unique for me because I usually use logic to dissipate bad emotional decisions and rarely I see my atheist logic and my primal monkey feelings so in line.

I really don't know how I want people to respond to this, probably offering artificial kudos, but definitely not anti-support. I just know my ex will be praying for Jesus to get her way and I'll be hoping for some mystical force/unbenounced logic outside my control to go my way. Theory of relativity most likely already knows the results encoded in nature and I'm pretty sure of that, so ill pray to that I guess...or govern that law to my best understanding and say fuck praying and really make a God take a second seat to my son.

Okay I feel better with my faith.... I feel so arrogant though.
RE: God can come 2nd to my son.....
You will get as much of a response praying to the theory of relativity as to any god. Nada. Lawyers work best in legal matters. You pray to them with money.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

One thing faith is... is comforting.

Logical? No. Sensible? No.

But comforting? Yes.

I suppose there's nothing wrong with having faith things will go your way but that will not actually change the outcome. Good luck though... hope everything works out.
“Love is the only bow on Life’s dark cloud. It is the morning and the evening star. It shines upon the babe, and sheds its radiance on the quiet tomb. It is the mother of art, inspirer of poet, patriot and philosopher.

It is the air and light of every heart – builder of every home, kindler of every fire on every hearth. It was the first to dream of immortality. It fills the world with melody – for music is the voice of love.

Love is the magician, the enchanter, that changes worthless things to Joy, and makes royal kings and queens of common clay. It is the perfume of that wondrous flower, the heart, and without that sacred passion, that divine swoon, we are less than beasts; but with it, earth is heaven, and we are gods.” - Robert. G. Ingersoll

Good luck mate, I have a situation with similarities, I hope it doesn't come down to a custody battle though I'm effectively being forced to choose between my son and my fiancee. Just have to keep thinking there's light at the end of the tunnel.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
I wish you luck. Where do you live?

(January 1, 2017 at 9:06 am)operator Wrote: One thing faith is... is comforting.
Until it fails you and then you feel let down. Betrayed actually.
We just went through this last week. It is nerve wracking, to say the least. Have your evidence and hopefully your attorney has told you to document everything. Even if you think it's tribal.

Best of luck to you.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does your atheism come as a package? FrustratedFool 75 5185 October 7, 2023 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 2982 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Family is always asking me to come to religious celebrations Tomatoshadow2 25 1811 April 11, 2023 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Sister asked me to be 'God father' to her son Tomatoshadow2 60 4140 January 24, 2021 at 7:04 am
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2
  How come there arent many atheists such as Bill Maher Roeki 30 8781 July 6, 2017 at 3:10 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Ugh, how come I, an atheist, have the ability to ACT more "Christian" than...... maestroanth 7 1781 April 9, 2016 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  So, my son attends school at the church Easy Guns 44 8989 January 11, 2016 at 6:14 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Atheists come up with ideal god sinnerdaniel94 124 15879 October 12, 2015 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why did you come to this board? Kingpin 131 19834 August 18, 2015 at 8:38 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why do never-theists come to atheist forums? watchamadoodle 26 6667 January 8, 2015 at 9:03 am
Last Post: watchamadoodle