Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 3:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
continuation from theist zone_souls and death
#11
RE: continuation from theist zone_souls and death
(March 14, 2011 at 9:55 am)tackattack Wrote: 3-Perhaps I should better define a soul. My intent was not to be vague. I hope this is "stronger"
soul- supranatural aspect of humans that is imparted by God and can be used by the consciousness to inform the mind; contains an object based memory relative to the individual owner; stores an active concept of the mind (both conscious and subconscious); is a storage medium in taking data for reference; survives death and is used in the final judgment by God.
1-I'm not claiming that the evidence is up to scientific empirical standards, I am claiming that it's indicative and warrants more research. You talk about statistically significant quantities but the number of people that survive an actual death experience can't really be a large pool to pull from. Of them, I cited specific cases but the link is from my work computer. You can go back to the other thread or google it yourself again. I agree with my concept that their soul contains "them"
2-I'll save this for after we discuss our definition.. it's getting to be a confusing discussion.
1. I don't doubt individual cases are interesting and heartwarming, there is ongoing research into NDE. All I would say is whatever has been presented to date isn't very impressive, when compared to neurological studies. In other words there probably is no such thing as a soul.
2. OK
3. OK then so lets go with a working definition and test it. So which is true:
- Did my material or immaterial self commit that murder?
- Did my material or immaterial self become changed WRT personality as a result of that accident?
- If I had an accident and became a psychopath would a god hold me to account for the subsequent evil?
"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence"...Doug McLeod.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: continuation from theist zone_souls and death - by Captain Scarlet - March 14, 2011 at 11:20 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are religious people really afraid of death? Alexmahone 40 15175 June 11, 2026 at 6:03 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Hey-ya, I'm A Theist Lord Andreasson 31 10398 October 15, 2024 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Kitan Etos
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 2171 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Theist with Questions RBP3280 57 13289 April 1, 2022 at 6:14 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  [Serious] Comfort in Faith at Death Shell B 142 33631 August 4, 2019 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Dating / Married To Theist wolf39us 23 7852 April 8, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  You're a theist against immigration? Kitan Etos 54 21794 July 9, 2018 at 12:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  God and Death, dying out. WinterHold 13 5006 May 14, 2018 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  A serious question for the theist. Kitan Etos 18 6699 May 9, 2018 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Death is the beginning WinterHold 41 23832 May 3, 2018 at 9:58 am
Last Post: purplepurpose



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)