Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 14, 2024, 10:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Officers Shot Dead By Snipers, 7 Wounded in Dallas Protest Against Police Violence
RE: 4 Officers Shot Dead By Snipers, 7 Wounded in Dallas Protest Against Police Violence
(July 13, 2016 at 3:21 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(July 13, 2016 at 10:10 am)Brian37 Wrote: No, sorry, blacks have ended up dead, after being restrained AND ended up dead even when unarmed. I can show you video of a cop shooting an unarmed black guy in the FUCKING BACK. I can also show you video of cops confronting a white guy with a gun without killing him.

No, whites and blacks ARE NOT treated the same by police. Having a gun aimed at me by a cop for having a toy gun, and another time having thrown a wallet at a cop, and living both times, I know I am treated differently. In the first place I complied, in the second case I did not, but in both cases I survived.

Police need better training, they instead have a default position of being taught fear and battlefield training. But that is only one problem. You cannot rightfully say that you want police to be safe, and send them into the urban or suburban or rural areas, because GUN VIOLENCE isn't simply city, you cant rightfully say you want them safe, then constantly have them face an armed public, then sell more guns to the public because you are afraid of government tyranny. It is simply fucking teaching both to be paranoid. And that paranoia is great for gun sales.

Our gun obsession is the biggest problem, or flooded market does not help. But beyond that our economy sucks, and we don't invest enough in poor communities, or wages for all urban, suburban and rural middle class and poor. We don't do enough to invest in enough police, which constantly has them limited to one on one or two at best situations, we don't train the them in distance deescalation conflict resolution, we far too often train them to dominate and shoot first. 

And again, I still have never gotten a good answer as to how many guns would be enough, we already have more guns than citizens. When do we stop 1 billion guns? 5 billion guns? 

Nobody wants a nanny state and this is not about a gun grab, or about taking every single firearm of all types away. If we have to ban an individual type certainly the person who has that particular type should be paid for it, and if legal they certainly wouldn't be banned from owning other types. If you want a shotgun, or low power limited clip single shot riffle, for hunting or home protection, or a six or 8 capacity handgun, fine. But when you consider buying one, I think it is absurd going in being blind to the stats, just like abstinence only approach to sex education creates more problems. "Legal at time of buy" is the same type of blind ignorance and lack of pragmatism. It isn't enough to merely think you are good, and have good intent, or think you are a good shot. You are more likely to fuck yourself with one in the home than to protect yourself from a stranger or active shooter. Not enough potential buyers want to face those odds. Just like saying abstinence only  sex education does not work, isn't calling for a ban on heterosexual marriage.

It doesn't matter what I post you have a rant for it and on this one I do not even see a connection between what I posted and what you're ranting about.

Now to answer to some of your post. When we give government and inch they will take a mile, if we start with banning fire arms soon they will take them all. If we were to be disarmed then the bad guys will only need knives. Personally I have guns that have small capacity and one that is powerful up to a mile.
 You surely do not believe that terrorist are going to turn in their guns do you and then what we fight them with pea shooters. you think criminals and gang members are going to turn in their guns, I think not, so we disarm the lawful to make it even easier for the unlawful to use their guns on us.
 For my home protection I have a first line of defense with 5 rottweilers, if someone happened to get by them then I'll know they have ill intent and have my unloaded guns loaded and ready.
 I agree with you that some police officers do unfairly treat black Americans and Americans black or white with long hair, none of that is acceptable. Some try to take advantage of women, unacceptable. These are the few, most police officers are like the 5 killed in Dallas, good people who were a benefit to their community, 5 good officers lost, and the people who were at the shooting were praising the police for their actions while they were under fire.
 What we need is an America full of Americans, not white Americans, African Americans, Latin Americans, Asian Americans, Irish Americans ( I'm one and never mention it). Until we can come together without these divisions there will always be division, why, because we start out dividing ourselves into groups. This is  one nation of Americans who should love each other because we are all apart of this nation. You said you had pictures of police doing bad things, yet you seem to forget that there are more stories coming out of Dallas about what the police officers did for the people than you have pictures. Very few police officers murder people, more murders are committed by civilians on civilians, those officers who do commit murder should be severely punished because they have a greater responsibility and thus held to a higher standard.

Now for what I posted that you seem to disagree with, that suggestion was for all people not just minorities, whether you like it or not we have a responsibility to help the police to do their jobs well and what I suggested isn't an inconvenance for anyone and not only aid the police it would get us on our way quicker and leave behind a more thankful officer. Your bias against the police is not acceptable.

To answer your question we should have as many guns a people want to legally own.

GC

Holly shit GC, you think a "rant" is undue after the last 3 weeks of nonstop gun death? That's just the tip of the ice burg. We have had more civilians die from gun use than those that die in our wars. Damn't right I am going to "rant". I live out here  in the sticks, and just this past weekend they found a local girl DEAD shot in the head in a restaurant parking lot.  Not a big city, not even the suburbs, the fucking sticks.

If you find the average of 33k gun deaths per year acceptable, you have your priorities way out of whack.

Damned right I am going to rant, and every single day too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4 Officers Shot Dead By Snipers, 7 Wounded in Dallas Protest Against Police Violence - by Brian37 - July 13, 2016 at 6:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palestinian Man’s Lawyers Say Israeli Police Marked Him With Star of David WinterHold 8 735 August 23, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The terrorism and violence perpetrated by the Uyghurs preceding the "training camps" Duty 10 1296 December 6, 2022 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Defunding Police not working out. onlinebiker 51 2943 October 1, 2021 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 3107 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Please Justify This Police Action For Me BrianSoddingBoru4 251 19955 February 5, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Escalating violence as armed protests planned in all 50 state capitals TaraJo 64 3914 January 15, 2021 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  BREAKING: Muslims confronting ISIS terrorist and save Austrian Wounded Cop. WinterHold 18 1417 November 5, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2893 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 1101 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Seattle Chief of Police resigns Due Budget Cuts onlinebiker 68 3571 August 13, 2020 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger