Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 8:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being anti social justice warrior is a catalyst for bullying behavior
RE: Being anti social justice warrior is a catalyst for bullying behavior
(October 10, 2016 at 7:17 pm)EruptedCarcassBloat Wrote:
Quote:Take your "gender flavour of the month" comment, it's true. If I call out the petty attention-seeking teen angst of a 14 year old calling themselves a "demigendered pansexual androromantic" (because simply being "gay" or "genderqueer" is clearly too passé these days), I'll be told I'm anti-LGBT despite being part of the so-called "LGBT community" myself. It's ridiculous.
Why so much intolerance for people who are experimenting with ways to identify themselves?

I don't know about Yeaux, but for me it demeans and delegitimizes the plights of people who are trying to make a difference for themselves.

Earlier today, I read an article about a man who lives in an apartment in New York City. He took a phone call at 1am, and paced around his apartment, making a bunch of noise. He woke up to find a note from his downstairs neighbor telling him he was rude, that they called management, and that next time they would call the cops. The dude turned it into a race and gentrification issue- his reply letter went viral and he brought in a bunch of "social justice" entities- even though the neighbor didn't even know he was black. That, to me, completely takes away from real issues black people face in this country, and they are vast.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/%E2%80%...ar-BBxewRt

I'm pretty far-left, even more so in the past year or so, but this SJW shit tends to really piss me off because there are people, myself included, who are really making an effort to make social issues right.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Being anti social justice warrior is a catalyst for bullying behavior - by rexbeccarox - October 10, 2016 at 7:32 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gorillas pose for selfie with DR Congo anti-poaching unit Duty 21 2262 April 22, 2019 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Fuck you, anti-vaxxers bennyboy 32 3599 February 11, 2019 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Social Anxiety Bahana 10 1076 October 4, 2017 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Anti-Vaxx Asshole Wakes Up Minimalist 48 5148 September 22, 2016 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Anti-Vaxxer Sympathy SmootherPebble 131 23715 October 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Jaxxie1181
  Anti vaxers at it again? KichigaiNeko 7 2083 May 16, 2014 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Anti-vac children on the line Kayenneh 10 5101 January 26, 2014 at 10:30 pm