Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 4:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
RE: How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
(October 14, 2016 at 3:48 pm)Shell B Wrote: Drich, the problem with the decent points you raise about evidence is that you dilute them with assertions you can't back up, such as that only 1% of women have been raped. Well, you said it in a weird fucking way, so I'm not sure if you were saying 1% of women can win an argument with a rape story or 1% of women have been raped. If the former, that's not quantifiable. If the latter, it's just untrue.
Where did I say 1% of women were ever raped?

I said there was maybe 1% of women who could at a moment's notice could march out a tale of rape in a passing conversation to proove a point but yet could not bring herself to report it to the police to save her younger sister from being raped by her father as she was... I was thinking more like .001% who could all but brag on one end yet makes excuses about why she still won't press charges.
Quote:You're correct that it's hard to prove rape. You're correct that consent is the only difference between mutual intercourse and rape. You're even correct that not everyone who says they were raped was raped. Saying you were raped is easier for some people than is admitting you had sex with someone and regret it.

Faints

Quote:Furthermore, I don't fault you for being crass. I'm probably more crass than not myself. For me, the problem is that you don't even try to present facts with evidence.
All you need do is ask if my presentation of said evidence is to subbtal.

Quote:You just present your "facts" with enough rancor to evoke an emotional response in your opposition, which I think you delude yourself into thinking makes your argument successful.
There is no delusion here. rarely is there a time i can not back up a fact with three points of reference. I don't lead with source material because it puts 'emotional people' off. they need to be able to say their piece to me as i am a nobody idiot that can argue with. But if you notice once engaged when the opposition shows doubt I re-enforce and support. When you misunderstand I clarify. if you point blank ask for proof I cite: for example Rape is the most unreported crime. "the silent shame" therefore the number of women who can bring themselves to report a crime that will keep another from being brutalized as they were, but could share it with strangers, would indeed be a small very small percentage of the rape community. as this report says that 29% of those who anomalously polled who had been raped and did not report it could not even share it with friends or family.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cri...61636.html

Quote: Sure, a lot of people argue from emotion with you, but that doesn't make *some of their points any less valid. Maybe, and this is a big maybe, if you toned it down a little bit, these people wouldn't get so "dark" with you, as you put it.
Wink That why I bring a sun flower to the fight.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York? - by Drich - October 14, 2016 at 4:28 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Melania: "Fuck Christmas!" Fake Messiah 17 1427 October 2, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations Rev. Rye 233 16931 February 21, 2019 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Fuck Your Property Rights, You Scumbag Bastard Minimalist 0 533 October 1, 2018 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Please Do It, You Dumb Fuck. Sue Him! Minimalist 19 1550 September 6, 2018 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Court of Appeals Tells Alabama Shitheads to "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 6 1191 August 23, 2018 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  What in the fuck is a Patriot Prayer? GODZILLA 18 1721 August 6, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Never Fuck With A Billionaire's Money! Minimalist 5 696 July 29, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Then Your Culture Needs A Lot of Work, You Dumb Fuck Minimalist 13 1700 July 23, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  You Know What? Fuck Him. Minimalist 8 1032 May 25, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  SCOTUS Tells Anti-Abortion Nuts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 294 25879 April 11, 2018 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13