Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 6, 2026, 2:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I want to talk about keeping positive
#7
RE: I want to talk about keeping positive
Mindfulness certainly isn't easy, but I'm getting better at it.

The trick I use to make me stay positive is reminding myself how much worse things could be, like being a child in Aleppo or a parent trying to help a sick child in Venezuela. It helps me appreciate what I have and motivates to get me through the day. It helps me focus on the things I do have as opposed to the things I don't.

There are things you can do to elevate your mood, which in turn will help you stay positive, like exercise and social interaction. They help release the neurochemicals that contribute to positive mental health.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: I want to talk about keeping positive - by Shell B - October 18, 2016 at 9:55 am
RE: I want to talk about keeping positive - by LastPoet - October 18, 2016 at 11:06 am
RE: I want to talk about keeping positive - by Whateverist - October 18, 2016 at 11:10 am
RE: I want to talk about keeping positive - by Shell B - October 18, 2016 at 11:20 am
RE: I want to talk about keeping positive - by Faith No More - October 18, 2016 at 11:43 am
RE: I want to talk about keeping positive - by Shell B - October 18, 2016 at 11:52 am
RE: I want to talk about keeping positive - by Faith No More - October 18, 2016 at 12:01 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which do you want to go? Kitan Etos 13 3715 October 18, 2023 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do people just naturally want conflict Ahriman 113 26622 September 26, 2023 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: awty
  Why does everyone want to advertise in their signature? Kitan Etos 2 1192 September 14, 2020 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Kitan Etos
  Already want to change my name again Kitan Etos 14 3344 July 12, 2020 at 1:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Wink Want to read about my mom?? Clueless Morgan 2 1399 April 5, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Are you the monster you want to be? Angrboda 48 11077 January 13, 2019 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The queen doesn't half talk some shit Cod 11 4647 December 26, 2018 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I want a nanny! ignoramus 2 1020 November 14, 2018 at 7:33 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  somebody, Please Talk Sense into My Stupid Head. I Think I'm Getting Ready to Fuck Up Rhondazvous 30 7403 September 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  For those who understand the law better than me (would you want it this way too?) Kitan Etos 9 3049 July 27, 2018 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Angrboda



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)